Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guide to The Ranger

#32
Dont get me wrong i do agree with you that steady is better than sharpen. I personally dont even use it or place my extras in there. My clan has 12 rangers and their all active so i choose to be the odd man out and not use it and bum sharp off a nearby ranger. Even if both were self only is be willing to take like 30 dmg less than sharpen just for the attack bonus on steady.

Re: Guide to The Ranger

#33
SoulRanger wrote:Dont get me wrong i do agree with you that steady is better than sharpen. I personally dont even use it or place my extras in there. My clan has 12 rangers and their all active so i choose to be the odd man out and not use it and bum sharp off a nearby ranger. Even if both were self only is be willing to take like 30 dmg less than sharpen just for the attack bonus on steady.



Just tested again to be 100% sure. , steady adds 50 more damage than sharpen in addition to 430+ attack , both skills at 45/40 with 325 dex.

I love both skills and currently have them both maxed , there are advantages to sharpen being the quick cast and that it is a group skill but amount of personal damage added is better with steady aim,
Eliminater
Clan Avalon
http://avalon.guildlaunch.com/
Morrigan

ABOLISH TARGET LOCK
Image

Re: Guide to The Ranger

#35
SoulRanger wrote:That's crazy i tested again at 40/40 and and stead is 95 and sharp is 100 with 450 dex. I guess those other 5 skill points make a huge change. But 50 dmg from 5 skill points is crazy. What exact numbers are you getting


Is your ranged combat ability maxed ? It has an effect on both skills effectiveness

Att 3634 - damage 2478 base before buffs-- Bow ability 1960 -- Ranged combat ability 2860 (imperial and godly Hrung bracers)

Just sharpen buffed stats
45/40 sharpen weapons - att 3634 - damage 2593 (115 increase)

Just steady buffed stats
45/40 steady aim- att 4070 (436 increase) - damage 2643 (165 increase)

Clearly this is why I think steDy aim is far superior to sharpen weapons
Eliminater
Clan Avalon
http://avalon.guildlaunch.com/
Morrigan

ABOLISH TARGET LOCK
Image

Re: Guide to The Ranger

#37
TheWind wrote:I'm a lvl 89 dex ranger, should i drop sharp shot and put points in sharpen weapon, bolas, and double shot? Btw i have a 32/20 longshot should i also drop some points from that to move around? Also should i switch to str build i have full warden hero glove, and quartz bow?


To get more efficient answers more quickly I would advise just starting a new topic about your question in the future. I would strongly advise keeping sharpshot, for dex builds it can be one of our best 'constant dmg' skills, unlike longshot which is a one hit marvel. Taking some advice from the mages, I would take 12 of your actual skill points and move them to a skill of your choice (preferably either sharpen or steady aim). Unless your going to make double shot/bolas useful at 10 levels above your own don't put points in them.

It would help if I knew all the skills you currently use, but the above is what I can advise based on what I know. And no, I would advise 1000% in sticking with the dex build.


Eliminater wrote:
SoulRanger wrote:That's crazy i tested again at 40/40 and and stead is 95 and sharp is 100 with 450 dex. I guess those other 5 skill points make a huge change. But 50 dmg from 5 skill points is crazy. What exact numbers are you getting


Is your ranged combat ability maxed ? It has an effect on both skills effectiveness

Att 3634 - damage 2478 base before buffs-- Bow ability 1960 -- Ranged combat ability 2860 (imperial and godly Hrung bracers)

Just sharpen buffed stats
45/40 sharpen weapons - att 3634 - damage 2593 (115 increase)

Just steady buffed stats
45/40 steady aim- att 4070 (436 increase) - damage 2643 (165 increase)

Clearly this is why I think steDy aim is far superior to sharpen weapons


I might have to run some tests myself! This brings into question how good sharpen is for soloing. :lol:
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Re: Guide to The Ranger

#38
Great guide, but for some of the spells that you can't buy from the vendor at the castle (ie, lower level ones), can you add where to get them and if there is a minimum level. Like sharpen weapon and double shot. I assume they are not available for purchase from a vendor. Then as a drop, where do they drop (for the most part). I am level 90 and have been through fingals cave (the tunnels, the island and the furthest cave...the cave has GREAT XP for 80-90) many times and have not gotten spell drops. I have gotten more then a few rings, but not ANY ranger spells.

Re: Guide to The Ranger

#39
nanocore wrote:Great guide, but for some of the spells that you can't buy from the vendor at the castle (ie, lower level ones), can you add where to get them and if there is a minimum level. Like sharpen weapon and double shot. I assume they are not available for purchase from a vendor. Then as a drop, where do they drop (for the most part). I am level 90 and have been through fingals cave (the tunnels, the island and the furthest cave...the cave has GREAT XP for 80-90) many times and have not gotten spell drops. I have gotten more then a few rings, but not ANY ranger spells.


There is no level requirement on spell books, although there are some restrictions on when you can get certain tomes. The opening quest is a good example, as you only get sharp shot at first. All of the newer skills can be found in the new areas: sewers (high level creatures [90+] there sometimes drop skill books), fingals (most mobs and bosses but bosses give more of a chance for either a skill book or a really nice ring), and carrowmore, of which the boggans are certaintly tome droppers. There is no vendor for any of the newer skills.

The lower the level you and what you are killing is, the less likely will be the cance that a skill book will drop. I do remember the pirates near the captain have a tendency to drop double attack a lot though- and boggans (130+) like to drop at least most of the ranger skill tomes. Upon getting these tomes, you could equip them to a level 1 ranger if you liked, its just the restricitons in getting it means newer players are more reliant on the levelers at higher levels for skills that are quite beneficial for them.

Rings start dropping in the sewers, but don't really start to drop from mobs until fingals/otherworld.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests