Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guide to The Ranger

@Hawkye

Did you post the pic to support Eliminater's statement? Steady aim improves attacks (e.g. auto) not skills.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

@Hawkye

Did you post the pic to support Eliminater's statement? Steady aim improves attacks (e.g. auto) not skills.
Why is the skill saying more than that then?
It doesn't. Read the description you posted.

RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

@Hawkye

Why is the skill saying more than that then?
It doesn't. Read the description you posted.
'All your attacks'
☬⌦ Lv.184 Archer

Yes, attacks not skills. If you are saying that Steady improves the hit rate of Long Shot then prove it.

I think you may be confused with the interaction of Steady and other skills. For Long shot, Steady will increase the damage but not the chance the mob will evade (this is not based on attack vs defense). Anything that increases your damage also increases the damage of long shot (damage rings, etc). That is why Steady increases damage. The chance a skill lands is based on the ability of the mob to evade the skill. I suspect this would be Movement Attack Evasion but I am not sure.

However, Since Steady increases attack and damage it can improve the number of hits you get while using rapid shot (because it increases attack) and damage per hit. But it wouldn't enhance rapid shot directly, just your attack and damage while you are using the skill.

RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

I would like to say one thing i have learned while getting a ranger up to 170: the skill that makes ur shots more a acurret (can't spell lol) it helps a little bit with longshot, which, personally, helps me out quite a bit! I dumb extra points in both acurret shot AND longshot, but never "***", double shot? I keep it so it can kill mobs 5lvls above me, which helps more!
Steady aim

Steady aim helps increase longshot damage, it does not help it hit more often.
I ment to put something in between lol
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Tbh entangled I'm not a fan of... I go for the Longshot,Bolas,double,Rapid combo
Ranger- XxArrowMercxX lvl 154
Druid- Demeter lvl 200 (Lazy Cookie Druid...)
Rogue- SwiftKill lvl 106

Server: Danu
Ascension

DPS Druid
Some people call me Shady, I call myself Insane.

Hello ;3 Its Tomkb Here, Despite me playing Celtic Heroes for 2 Years or 1 1/2 years or so i havent found the perfect class for me. Every time i get to a certain point and i see someone else with a different class and just killing X without breaking a sweat. Then i instantly transfer my stuff and start again. Every 2 days or so i do this (btw when i say 2 years of play-age i mean like i had many breaks from celtic heroes. like i got bored of it then addicted again 2 months later, thats my personality) This guide has really helped me understand the ranger and to see if it was the right class for me. It obviously is because The Rogue is too defenseless, all the warriors builds dont interrest me, the druid i really love but i cant solo with him becuase i feel he was MADE to be in a group and to help instead of solo. Mage i feel is just not the class for me. But Ranger is definitely! :mrgreen: It is almost a hybrid of all characters made into one very consistant and powerful but also helpful at the same time. I hope someone agrees with me too. :?

:lol: Thanks ;)

I have tried spear, and I have tried bow. I would HIGHLY suggest that you use bow. If you were looking for a melee DPS class, I suggest rogue. The bow is very helpful, and I am sure that you will find the damage from a distance very helpful. I like it on bosses, because on certain ones, the AOE of the boss does not hit you if you stand far enough away and shoot.
Once again to those spear ranger fanatics...
Wattzon of Sulis