Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Regen or blood rage bow

I've heard that Regen bow is significantly better but no one's actually shown me any math to back it up. Say a shadow BR just to make it simple. So 170 pierce each. BR has 2750 speed and Regens at 3000. That gives 12 attacks for the BR vs 11 for Regen every 33 secs. The Regen bow only has an extra 200 dmg so using the pure damage stat its only gaining 2.2k dmg on the BR bow, so if you do more than 2.2k dmg in one attack the BR bow is ahead on perfect DPs.

I don't have a 200 ranger yet so I'm wondering if anyone has done the comparison. Howuch damage can you get per attack at LVL 200 and how much a difference does the 200 dex 450 attack do.

Re: Regen or blood rage bow

Runic Savagery Quiver, Full DL armor, Shadow Blood Rage, 4x Runic Valour, 2x Mighty Str/Dex Attack Prot Bracers, Runic Ammy, Royal Needles Charm, 1,000 STR:
4163 HP 5655 Attack 710 Defense 2997 Damage

Same equipment, but substitute Regen bow:
4163 HP 6305 Attack 1110 Defense 3197 Damage

In theory the Blood Rage could up damage to 3447 Damage. The other thing to remember is that some mobs have higher resists than others, so in some areas, Blood Rage could win out, whereas the damage from the Magic damage from the Regen could win out. The other issue that's hard to take into consideration is the procs of both bows. One with a 1k heal, the other with increased damage. Which is more reliable? Which do you "really" need when lixing or bossing?

Attack speed of Regen bow on Hero haste is 1,200 MS
Attack speed of Shadow BR on Hero haste is 1,100

At that point you're looking at a "constant" 200 damage difference if nothing is resisted of both physical/elemental damage. There's too many variables to really say that one is better than the other by leaps and bounds. Now, if the 1k heal proc from the Regen also takes that 1k health away from the mob (haven't really ever paid attention if it does or not) you then have to take that into account as well.

TBH, I wouldn't lose sleep over the numbers for DPS over these two bows.

Re: Regen or blood rage bow

Runic Savagery Quiver, Full DL armor, Shadow Blood Rage, 4x Runic Valour, 2x Mighty Str/Dex Attack Prot Bracers, Runic Ammy, Royal Needles Charm, 1,000 STR:
4163 HP 5655 Attack 710 Defense 2997 Damage

Same equipment, but substitute Regen bow:
4163 HP 6305 Attack 1110 Defense 3197 Damage

In theory the Blood Rage could up damage to 3447 Damage. The other thing to remember is that some mobs have higher resists than others, so in some areas, Blood Rage could win out, whereas the damage from the Magic damage from the Regen could win out. The other issue that's hard to take into consideration is the procs of both bows. One with a 1k heal, the other with increased damage. Which is more reliable? Which do you "really" need when lixing or bossing?

Attack speed of Regen bow on Hero haste is 1,200 MS
Attack speed of Shadow BR on Hero haste is 1,100

At that point you're looking at a "constant" 200 damage difference if nothing is resisted of both physical/elemental damage. There's too many variables to really say that one is better than the other by leaps and bounds. Now, if the 1k heal proc from the Regen also takes that 1k health away from the mob (haven't really ever paid attention if it does or not) you then have to take that into account as well.

TBH, I wouldn't lose sleep over the numbers for DPS over these two bows.
Sweet, thank you for the in-depth reply. It's very informative.