Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Purpose of a ranger

I've been playing ranger for a while now (currently lv 195) and have also experimented with other classes as well. I do think ranger is definetly a fun class but compared to other classes (warrior or rogue for example), ranger lacks purpose. What I mean by this is that in lock groups, you generally want rogues because of their ability to do high amts of burst dmg via sneaky ss and qs. A druid serves the obvious purpose of healing, warriors are the only ones that can tank. So where does this leave the ranger? That's what I've been considering, why are rangers necessary? or are they just an obsolete filler class. Maybe it's just because I'm still only 195 and can't participate on big raids like Prot Gele and Dino etc but I feel like im losing motivation to even play ranger anymore because of this, because what's the point of spending countless hours lixing up to 220 if I don't have an actual purpose at EG. If someone could clarify for me how a ranger stands out at EG and specifically, fills a role no other class can, that would be appreciated, otherwise I'll probably just switch to rogue so I can play an actual part in bosses. Thanks.

Re: Purpose of a ranger

Rangers are Dps support. I play with full dex. My sharpen weapons adds 231 pierce damage to all the people in the group. My light heal keeps the Druids alive when adds agro them. Entangle cuts the mobs attack speed in half. Throw in your damage abilities in between buffing and debuffing. Use hero haste and bara. Rangers get lots of lboss kills. Play with the idea of being support and try to do as much dps as you can.
IGN-Whiteyes 231Ranger, g0lden 220 Warrior, The Doctor 213 Druid
Clan- Novalis
World-Mabon

Re: Purpose of a ranger

I always try to analyze the classes like the positions on a basketball team to help me understand their roles during raids.

Druids and lure mages are like pass-first point guards, primarily focusing on assisting their team in any way they can.

Rogues, pure DPS Rangers, and mages are like catch-and-shoot shooting guards, focusing on getting the buckets.

DPS Warriors are like power forwards, can’t really explain this one but it just fits lol.

The tanks are definitely like centers, setting screens and getting up close and personal with the opposing team.

Lastly, hybrid rangers and dex rangers, which I am guessing is the group you are part of, rather than pure DPS, are like small forwards. Versatile group that are tough to associate with a stereotypical playstyle, but absolutely provide a lot for their team. LeBron before this past season, Kawhi Leonard, and Kevin Durant are all examples of small forwards, and they’re some of the best basketball players ;)