Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ranged Combat Question

Recently on Epona, we had killed Phantom of Despair (210 EDL Boss) without a tank, and it was a bolas kill with me being the only ranger there until the last part of the fight. When I know I’m in charge of being the main ranger with bolas and entangle, I equip all ranged combat gear so these skills land more often.

Even with ranged combat ability at 4310/2160, there were a crazy amount of evades. There was a low level expose weakness on the boss, but I would assume that a ranged combat ability that high should result in more bolas and entangle lands even without a maxed expose weakness.

So my question is, has any ranger out there experimented with a very high ranged combat ability (6k or above) and bolased/entangled EDL/EG bosses?

If so, did you find a sweet spot where you noticed your ranged combat ability resulted in entangle and bolas landing almost every time on later bosses?

Entangle has a long recast time and it would be nice to get the most out of it by actually landing it. This isn’t a DPS discussion. I’m just curious to know what ranger experiences you’ve had with this support role at bosses.

Re: Ranged Combat Question

My bolas hit virtually the same when i had 2270 ranged combat as when i have over 7500 ranged combat. Unless something has been secretly changed since i left, aileron did quite a lot of testing with shield bash and mele ability and he also found that maxing out skill ability had almost no impact on hit rates of skills
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple