Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skills

Guys, just started a ranger level 20. Which are the best skills to put points into? A little concerned about light heal because I fumble a lot with only like 80 first aid. Does barbed arrow work well with higher skill? How about the sharp shot (or whatever) skill?

Thanks.

Re: Skills

Light heal is essential ... You will have less fumbles over time.......max this out!!!!! I also use all the offensive skills. I would start with maxing out sharp shot and barbed shot. These have quick cast times and sharp shot has a quick cool down so it is your main big hitter.

After that, start adding points to steady Aim and rapid shot. I use the steady aim then rapid shot to start a fight. They both get interrupted a lot during a battle but quick shot deals more damage over time than the others if you can get it to cast.

I also maxed out bandage wounds. The rest are not as useful to me. I pumped up my energy regen with sigals and my strategy is hit and heal before I run out of energy and die :) I also have health as my main attribute with energy next. I built my Ranger to solo some of the tougher enemies and have re-birthed my ranger several times. I am now pretty happy with the results.

Good luck with your ranger!
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

I maxed bolas to 10. Now i can kill higher lv mobs with ease :o
Hmm I haven't tried that but I am targeting this skill as my next one to pump points into. I may rebirth my skills once the new areas are opened....this might come in handy ;)

one ting I noticed is I need to put a lot more points into energy before putting a lot of skill points down in anything. Also, does rapid shot even help much? I can't notice much difference and it only lasts like 10 seconds.

Rapid shot is actually my biggest hitter because if I add up DPS over the 10 seconds, I get 60 x10 for 600 damage while sharp shot does 200 per hit with maybe 2 hits in the same time frame. (Numbers may not be exactly accurate but you get the point) Pump it up with steady Aim for a little more damage and start your fight with it. I will sometimes try to use it in a fight but it gets interrupted a lot.

However pump up this strategy only after maxing sharp shot, light heal, and barbed shot.

Hope this helps :)

Rapid shot is actually my biggest hitter because if I add up DPS over the 10 seconds, I get 60 x10 for 600 damage while sharp shot does 200 per hit with maybe 2 hits in the same time frame. (Numbers may not be exactly accurate but you get the point) Pump it up with steady Aim for a little more damage and start your fight with it. I will sometimes try to use it in a fight but it gets interrupted a lot.

However pump up this strategy only after maxing sharp shot, light heal, and barbed shot.

Hope this helps :)
So I'm a little confused. Many questions, but thanks for your insight.

1) I hit lvl 40 now and what I do is barbed, sharp, sharp, sharp. I can't take the bosses yet, but lvl 40 3 stars are pretty easy. What is your order of skill use? Is it rapid shot, barbed, sharp, sharp?

2) Not sure how you got to 200 dmg with sharp? I do 75ish, but maybe it's because you have lvl 10 versus me at lvl 7? I use a sturdy warbow, but do you have better? I have strength and dex at 35 and 40 i think, and then i have energy at like 70 and vitality at 75. Those are pretty close at least. I'm not using any special arrows, but I'm not sure how much they help?

3) I can't decide if heal is even worth using in combat... maybe just for bosses? Great for a quick regen outside of fights though, especially combined with meditation and bandage of course.

4) I have barbed at just lvl 2. Barbed doesn't seem that great because it hits for like 28 and then does 10 dmg 4-5 times i think. If I added more to it, would it ever do more than ~15 per tick?

5) Also curious if bolas works. If you make it lvl 10, does it stop the target completely or does it still come after you slowly? Would the strategy be to move around while fighting?

6) Are you able to solo bosses? If so, would be curious about how that works?

Thanks for your help. Rangers are awesome. :ugeek:

Hey Murder,
You're probably getting along just fine since your previous post but I thought I'd toss in some feedback just in case.

Bolas slow the target down for a certain amount of time.

On tougher enemies with loads of hp I usually open with bola (lvl 10), then sharp shot (lvl 10), then barbed (lvl 10), then sharp. Typically that does enough damage that I can finish them off once they are in striking distance without losing much hp.

Rapid shot can be very useful on enemies with less hp but on their chunky friends you might find that you miss or they dodge/evade more than its worth.

With maxed bolas you should be able to solo any current boss.

One of the best tactics for a ranger is Kiting: open with bola, deal some damage, run some distance from the mob, use bola again, and repeat. Using this method you can easily solo any of the current mobs without taking damage. For bosses it helps if other players are killing any mobs that spawn in the room so that you have plenty of space to Kite. However, if you stay calm and are decent at multitasking you should still be able to kill off any mobs while Kiting the boss. It might be useful for you to practice Kiting in large open areas. Jotun Warbringer on the North Peninsula can be fun.

Barbed shot is definitely worth maxing. Sometimes in bad situations that small amount of damage (20+ dot in my case) can be the difference between life and death.

Quick heal is a useful skill all around. As has been said, by combining it with bandage wounds you can effectively heal yourself/allies quickly

With the next update we should be seeing some enemies that do ranged damage so don't write off dex/hp on a ranger just yet.

Hope this helps.