Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: OTM:Ranger MH and Off hand drops

I dont know of any difference in the ghosts or do u mean spirits?
Warriors also got a crap wep from necro outside the void which in itself essentially doesn't drop. Mord spear is better in many ways.

Why a rogue would use a spear is beyond me to be honest. A ranger maybe its about the same unless dl. And for the record rangers get the same armor rogues do but better evasions if I'm not mistaken. But you are right the only boss to drop a bow is necro and is lame.
Rogues not use a spear...? I have a darkice dex spear, i out dps anyone with a dl dagger unless they also have offhand, dark spears add 260 base dmg along with spear ability and +100 to a stat, a spear far out dpses daggers(besides necro daggers ofc). Thats why rogues use spears.
So bcuz u see big numbers it out dmgs it? I have a necro dagger i know a dl weapon will outdps me on any chaos mob easy. FYI mine is poison.

Warriors also got a crap wep from necro outside the void which in itself essentially doesn't drop. Mord spear is better in many ways.

Why a rogue would use a spear is beyond me to be honest. A ranger maybe its about the same unless dl. And for the record rangers get the same armor rogues do but better evasions if I'm not mistaken. But you are right the only boss to drop a bow is necro and is lame.
Rogues not use a spear...? I have a darkice dex spear, i out dps anyone with a dl dagger unless they also have offhand, dark spears add 260 base dmg along with spear ability and +100 to a stat, a spear far out dpses daggers(besides necro daggers ofc). Thats why rogues use spears.
So bcuz u see big numbers it out dmgs it? I have a necro dagger i know a dl weapon will outdps me on any chaos mob easy. FYI mine is poison.
Lol big numbers... I was showing you eveything a spear adds vs...110 pierce fast speed and a very low proc chance that does about half of a normal melee hit... Obviously a spear is going to be out dpsed on not "any chaos aura mob" but endgame bosses such as mordy,hrung, necro only, ive out dpsed equal level rogues using dl daggers on snorri and other dl mobs, saying dl dagger is ultimate dps on any chaos mob is completly untrue. Btw all necro daggers are poison so you really didnt need to put that in...
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

I've contradicted nothing. You lack understanding period get a pen and paper and do some math. I have my own calculator and your exactly 298 dps yes a second short on a hero haste. Your comparing a weapon that has an entire 1 second speed faster. Speed is everything in this game. Idc what stats it has bcuz i used a shadow str spear and included all of that and your still short by what I said.

My point about dl is that its irrelevant dl evasions are garbage to what end game is. If anyone with a rondel is letting u get kill over them on hrung and higher they need to reevaluate themselves. Someone posted a calculator on this forum some where locate it and use it please.

I've contradicted nothing. You lack understanding period get a pen and paper and do some math. I have my own calculator and your exactly 298 dps yes a second short on a hero haste. Your comparing a weapon that has an entire 1 second speed faster. Speed is everything in this game. Idc what stats it has bcuz i used a shadow str spear and included all of that and your still short by what I said.

My point about dl is that its irrelevant dl evasions are garbage to what end game is. If anyone with a rondel is letting u get kill over them on hrung and higher they need to reevaluate themselves. Someone posted a calculator on this forum some where locate it and use it please.
Speed is not everything in this game, if you think that then you don't look very far into it, by using a dex or str spear your skills are hitting much harder because rogues are skill spammers, if your relying on the speed of your weapon to kill things alone you have no idea how to play this game.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Mordris spears are slightly better than dragonlord weapons as mentioned by brian: they add more damage, +to spear ability, and a stat bonus.

Most of the rogues who have access to a mordris spear use it over their dragonlord dagger in gwydion.

OT I think rangers need offhand drops more than mainhand drops, dragonlord bows are efficient.
Wattzon of Sulis

Rogues are amazing with spears. Unlike rangers, 90% of their attack skills work with a spear.
With a spear, my rogue's usable attack skills are:
Shadowstrike
Life Steal
Quick Strike
Double Attack
Rend
Skewer
Can't use: Sneak Attack

With a spear, my ranger's usable attack skills are:
Double Attack
Skewer
Can't use: Double Shot, Sharpshot, Longshot, Barbed Shot, Explosive Arrow

Not only can a rogue use a spesr the same as a dagger, it has a skill set for it
Server- Sulis
Clan- Transcendant (Clansman)
Gemwing-Level 140+r
Aodhan- Level 55+ Mage

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 45&t=51052

Rogues are amazing with spears. Unlike rangers, 90% of their attack skills work with a spear.
With a spear, my rogue's usable attack skills are:
Shadowstrike
Life Steal
Quick Strike
Double Attack
Rend
Skewer
Can't use: Sneak Attack

With a spear, my ranger's usable attack skills are:
Double Attack
Skewer
Can't use: Double Shot, Sharpshot, Longshot, Barbed Shot, Explosive Arrow

Not only can a rogue use a spesr the same as a dagger, it has a skill set for it
The only skill in your list thats effected by dmg is double attack... And rend over sneak attack? No wonder half the servers can't kill necro. DL wep is insanely faster sit there and count how many hits u get with each weapon and where your dmg is. Especially considering most rogues are dex heavy where speed matters more than pierce. Its simple mechanics non haste at 1850 speed in 1 minute, its 32 hits. I beleive the spear is around 3 seconds so thats 20 hits in 1 minute. Thats a difference of 12 whole hits in 1 minute. Combined with my elemental dmg gear its swinging 640 dmg 12 more times, giving you 7680 dmg alone just in dl and axe numbers. There's no plausible way that spear is better for anything outside skill dmg crits. Give me a well thought out explanation outside a list of skills and my server uses it so it has to be.