Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Wifi boosting

Ello peoplez.

Any of you got any tips for boosting the wifi signal for free?
I'm asking cuz the wifi is terrible in my house, literally have to stay close to the hub to get a signal, pretty sure something in the walls is blocking it but I dunno what.

Re: Wifi boosting

Ello peoplez.

I'm asking cuz the wifi is terrible in my house, literally have to stay close to the hub to get a signal, pretty sure something in the walls is blocking it but I dunno what.
- Try positioning your router in a location with more direct access to your preferred location, perhaps even find/invest in a long RJ45 cable so you can move it further from the modem into a better location if your house only has 1-2 network ports.

- Open all doors from the router location to your playing location.

- Position the router on a higher surface (on a desk or table, instead of tucked away)

- WiFi can have dead spots due to the waves reflected off surfaces and getting jumbled up (I think?): download an app that displays the wireless signal, and map out the signal strength at various locations
Last edited by Regenleif on Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Without spending any money you're limited. It's just trial and error of moving the router and yourself around. Ideally the router should be as central to the main use areas as possible, in as high and unobstructed are as possible. If your living with someone who cares about aesthetics (parents, a partner, landlord) then half the battle is finding a good spot where the router also isn't on prominent display.
If you are able to put some money to a solution then there are a couple of options.
Cheapest are Wi-Fi extenders, but these have limited use. These basically pickup the signal from the router and re-broadcast it. If you need to extend between 2 floors or between a couple of walls, then they will be of little use. They are good at extending in a straight line and good for going round corners, where they can have good line of sight to the router and where you need the signal.
The more expensive option is powerline adaptors, which create a wired network through your electrical wiring. You will need a standard adaptor to plug into a wall socket near the router and connect a network cable between the two. Where you want a good signal you will then need a powerline Wi-Fi router which you plug into a wall socket nearby. This would give a much better, more stable solution.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Ello peoplez.

The electromagnetic waves propagate at the router and are intercepted by your device, and vice versa, so, obstacles that inhibit the waves will lessen the signal. The waves can more easily travel through certain substances than others, so if your walls are concrete, stone, or metallic (look up "Faraday Cage") you will get a LOT of dead spots:

- Try positioning your router in a location with more direct access to your preferred location, perhaps even find/invest in a long RJ45 cable so you can move it further from the modem into a better location if your house only has 1-2 network ports.

- Open all doors from the router location to your playing location.

- Position the router on a higher surface (on a desk or table, instead of tucked away)

- WiFi can have dead spots due to the waves reflected off surfaces and getting jumbled up (I think?): download an app that displays the wireless signal, and map out the signal strength at various locations

I am sure there are more ways to help, but I'm a mechanical engineer, not an electrical :roll:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Couple of suggestions:

1. If you're using a 5Ghz on a high band, switch to 2.4Ghz on a lower band. Lower radio frequencies penetrate walls better.
2. Put your router in a higher spot, like on top of a shelf. Wifi signal radius is like an umbrella, so the higher the better.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

If you have a bad connection to the wifi consider that you have no life. Gosh, when you are a gamer, this is awful. I practice gaming, but my parents were so disappointed. Their recommendations "take your stuff and go to find a job" I have found, after cisco courses, I will tell you more. These courses helped me to install a Wifi Extender without losing connection. If you are looking for a job or your relatives always need you for fixing such things, go for this. The exam will be easy, access this website SPOTOclub.com and you will get instant real questions, just prepare and here you goooooo