Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Harambe the Gorilla

What would you have done if you were in the Zoo Keeper's shoes?

Let's keep this thread as bash-free as possible
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Re: Harambe the Gorilla

As much as i hate what happened, imo they didnt have much of a choice as tranquelizer takes time. If it got shot with a dart then it could have got mad or fallen on the child as it was going out potentially bringing more harm to the child.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

No one knew what the outcome of the incident would have been. The Gorilla could have easily killed the kid so the zoo had no choice but to kill the Gorilla. It was either the kid or the Gorilla /:
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Had the kid died, then everyone would be condemning the zookeepers for not having killed the gorilla and sympathising with the parents.

However, since the gorilla died and the child is safe, they're condemning the zookeepers and blaming the parents.

That's society, always looking for someone to blame and never satisfied.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Had the kid died, then everyone would be condemning the zookeepers for not having killed the gorilla and sympathising with the parents.

However, since the gorilla died and the child is safe, they're condemning the zookeepers and blaming the parents.

That's society, always looking for someone to blame and never satisfied.

Yeah it was a lose lose for the Zoo.

Uni the parents are to blame, who leaves their 4 year old kid out of their sight at an open zoo. Maybe I'm missing something from the story but the parents should take full responsibility.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

The parents if the child should have to pay for the death of the gorilla. If the parents were responsible, then this whole situation would have never happened.

Some people don't need kids..
I initially thought this, I was raged that they shot the gorilla, I think it's sick that ppl cage animals just so they can make money off them. The zookeeper is part to blame, the enclosure should of been completely sealed. Owning a zoo the zookeeper should of anticipated something like this could happen, but I read that something else happened there with 2 of his other animals, they wondered into a room they shouldn't have, maybe he should get another zoo team as they dun sound too competent.
Last edited by Romeo on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

They had no choice to, as much as I hate what happened.

The gorilla did seem protective of the child, it's not a lion or tiger that plays with their food. But they just couldn't take the chance.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

The parents should have been vigilant of their child in the first place, and they are the ones that should be condemned.

The zookeepers had little choice in this situation - most would consider the child as more important.

I'm not sure about this zoo, but the whole idea of them is for conservation. They breed animals in a protected environment, taking animals from the wild in order to stop inbreeding, and try and increase the population. At the same time, they educate visitors about the animal and it's environment so we are less likely to want to endanger them, and money we give them goes towards conservation. That's the theory anyway, although I understand that other rogue zoos just exploit the animals for money.

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!