Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

iPod Touch 5 vs iPod Touch 6 Review

I'm just gonna start by saying WOW! I just got this new iPod yesterday, messed around added apps and everything, and decided to put Celtic Heroes download to test. With the new A8 chip, and the old one having the A5, there was a massive difference. By the time the 6 was done, 5 was just a bit over the start. Waiting, waiting, waiting, done finally. I loaded up the game just to get it hooked up, then closed both and restarted. This is where I was so surprised. I was playing in Celtic while the 5 was on the 5 heroes page, and still without the loading bar. This was because the RAM Space was modified from 512 mb to 1 gb. And again, WOW! If you have an iPod 5, any iPad lower then 4, or an old phone without data below 5, a cheap device like the iPod 6 is definitely an option. Oh yea and those annoying crashes, nothing, and to test this I went back and forth from castle to Lirs, until a Clannie pointed me out :D
Last edited by Aerial on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
224+ Rogue --- 215+ Ranger --- 200+ Warrior of Gwydion!

Insurgence

Re: iPod Touch 5 vs iPod Touch 6

Aerial wrote:Oh yea and those annoying crashes, nothing, and to test this I went back and forth from castle to Lirs, until a Clannie pointed me out :D

There was some funny business where the game did not crash as much for the first few days after this reset (for me at least). But while the rest of what you mention is correct, the game still crashes badly and often on ipadair2, iphone6s and all other devices. While older devices run slow, it shouldn't crash, force a software restart of the iOS or lock up the iOS entirely (which it does all 3). Nor should it crash frequently on flagship devices.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: iPod Touch 5 vs iPod Touch 6 Review

Aerial wrote:I'm just gonna start by saying WOW! I just got this new iPod yesterday, messed around added apps and everything, and decided to put Celtic Heroes download to test. With the new A8 chip, and the old one having the A5, there was a massive difference. By the time the 6 was done, 5 was just a bit over the start. Waiting, waiting, waiting, done finally. I loaded up the game just to get it hooked up, then closed both and restarted. This is where I was so surprised. I was playing in Celtic while the 5 was on the 5 heroes page, and still without the loading bar. This was because the RAM Space was modified from 512 mb to 1 gb. And again, WOW! If you have an iPod 5, any iPad lower then 4, or an old phone without data below 5, a cheap device like the iPod 6 is definitely an option. Oh yea and those annoying crashes, nothing, and to test this I went back and forth from castle to Lirs, until a Clannie pointed me out :D

Sounds pretty good! I'll look into buying one

Vikorios wrote:iPod 6 is already out? Went to check Apple but it wasn't there.

It was out about 5 months ago.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Dem0n wrote:sure we should expect some lag on older devices but they shouldnt constantly crash

It's BS. Not only have i crashed on an iphone 6s plus, I've crashed on an iPad air 2. They crash plenty. It's just that they crash less than older devices.

Other games, with more intensive grapics, streaming gameplay (yes on idevices), in a much more complex game actually runs smoother and faster on the same devices. It's a small wonder I'm playing this game, if it weren't for the gameplay the bugs would have driven me away long ago.

I play regularly on 7 different device types, and have played on 10 different idevices total so i probably am more aware of issues than casual players.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: