Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Windows 8 Virus help!

Is the trojan thing something u installed? If so, you can download this uninstaller(not sure name, but will get back to u once i find name) and once u remove the program or whatever, it asks if you want to shread the hidden files forever.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Thanks for calling me a he Oberyn... Thanks alot. -_-
My antivirus is Norton and it usually works fine, but I believe the Bunitu trojan is installing mire and more.
It won't let me launch Vindictus through steam D:

Free shouldn't be scary with UE4 and Unity. I also use Blender and Maya.
Free should always be scary if you ask me... fake sites, fake this and fake that. very careful its the internet

I recommend system restore, mostly when its a trojan horse as u can only download a file with trojan horse. Also, like someone said, 'free' is a scary word in the interent, I dont easily count on that but my anti-virus runs full scans daily automatically, I also found a trojan today, but since my anti-virus runs a full scan daily at 4am it also automatically handles it.

Also, Jonsa, Ik ur a chick, but stop downloading cinnamon roll.
I didn't download cinnamon roll dammit!
still no sense of humor :lol:

Try to go to your files that are encrypted and restore to previous version.

Happened to me but it was just a hack not a virus and all my files were encrypted so I did that.

Restores to previous version...deletes encrypted ones...suck my invisible d*** b****

Day back to normal :)
200 Allymia Rogue
Clan - Underground - Guardian Rank - Home of the noob, Paulweller

"If you aren't sinning; you aren't having fun." ;) ~ Priest

Well now that you have a bunch of the infection cleaned up, make sure to back up your important files. There's no guarantee that the entire infection was removed. There still could be something hanging out there that will mess up your computer.

People here are saying that wiping your computer and reinstalling Windows is what you should do, and they are correct. It might seem drastic, but starting fresh with a system restore is the only way you can be sure that the entire infection is gone. If you choose not to do this, you might be fine, but there is no guarantee. Either way I strongly suggest you back up your files to a USB drive, DVD/CD, or cloud storage like OneDrive.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide