Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Silence for Leelah Alcorn

Gender and sex are different
Gender IS a choice

Sex is anatomy
Sex is anatomy,
Whether or not gender is also considered synonymous depends on what society dictates, being as we are on the Internet-- a world culture mind you-- I think the majority really dictates whether or not there is a substantial difference and from what I'm seeing they don't....
*edit*
I agree with you-- I'm just stating that the majority don't/won't, and its understandable why.
-XXX-
Obey the Nightmaster

Re: Transgenders?

If Tom became a female...
Tom can't "become a female." Tom can probably try to adopt the mannerisms and maybe even the physical figure of a female, with obvious limitations of course. Point is..he cannot become a female and will not be seen as a female. He will, and can, only be somewhere in between; this "in-betweenness" and its consequences is what a lot of people cannot handle.

I also hear this word, bigotry being thrown around for apparently no reason...Um, did you not expect a difference of opinion? If all was according to your point-of-view, we all are bigots. I can call you a bigot; you can call me a bigot, and neither would be wrong.

But! Since all is not according to your point-of-view, all I see is people sharing and clarifying their opinions...with an occasional criticism somewhere in between.I certainly learned a lot more than I thought I knew about transgenders from this thread. It even compelled me to look up some journals on the topic. I can handle a difference of opinion; I can clarify my opinions as well.

So do not immediately scorn those who choose not to readily accept transgenders as the norm (they are not by the way). We have reasons; your's aren't that much better either.
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

No offence but Pigman throws the word "bigotry" around quite a lot when something doesn't agree with his atheist, liberal, and Canadian POV.

Again, I like Pigman a lot but I don't like how he puts down anyone who isn't on his side and he doesn't like to listen to arguments or other's say in the matter. (off-topic stuff not game stuff)
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

No offence but Pigman throws the word "bigotry" around quite a lot when something doesn't agree with his atheist, liberal, and Canadian POV.

Again, I like Pigman a lot but I don't like how he puts down anyone who isn't on his side and he doesn't like to listen to arguments or other's say in the matter. (off-topic stuff not game stuff)
I only throw bigotry at people who demonstrate bigotry by discriminating.

Gender is not the same as sex, to dispute that is bigoted.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I only throw bigotry at people who demonstrate bigotry by discriminating.

Gender is not the same as sex, to dispute that is bigoted.
No, bigotry is what you're doing.

You're refusing to listen to a different point of view because you have a preconceived idea on the subject and do not tolerate deviations from those standards you have set.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
– Mister (Fred) Rogers
Life is hell. It sucks but there's always a reason to fight through it. Right when you think you can't go on any longer and you've lost all hope just try one more time. One day can make a difference between life and death. One "hello" or "how's it going" can save a life. Bullying is a major problem. No doubt about it. Everyone has been bullied or will be bullied. Honestly, I love the fact that I got bullied. It taught me to pick myself up and keep going.
It taught me that there are some people that are in your life to push you down to your lowest level and its up to you whether you stay there or not. In the end, every obstacle that you have busted through, shapes you into the best damn person you could be.

If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
– Mister (Fred) Rogers
Life is hell. It sucks but there's always a reason to fight through it. Right when you think you can't go on any longer and you've lost all hope just try one more time. One day can make a difference between life and death. One "hello" or "how's it going" can save a life. Bullying is a major problem. No doubt about it. Everyone has been bullied or will be bullied. Honestly, I love the fact that I got bullied. It taught me to pick myself up and keep going.
It taught me that there are some people that are in your life to push you down to your lowest level and its up to you whether you stay there or not. In the end, every obstacle that you have busted through, shapes you into the best damn person you could be.

its different when your parents deny, and try to stop you from being who you are.
@arjun, not quite. i am forward, openly thinking about gender/sex/trans people which is opposite to bigotry
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Again, very disappointing that this thread turned back into a brawl... :roll:

Like Purple said, this thread was not for people to express their hatred or likeness of transgender people, it was a dedication and invitation of silence towards a teen "Girl" that did not need to die.

Wrongly calling her a "Him" because of an anatomical body part purposefully is the same thing as asking someone who is deaf to listen to a song.. It's disrespectful, un-needed and was an intention vocalization to cause conflict.

-Bigotry- intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself

Everyone is showing examples of it, including myself. We as previously mentioned are on the internet and everyone is entitled to their opinion and views. Feel free to share them at any point as long as they do not have purposeful intentions of harm, such as calling a Transgender Female a "Him". Which yes before starting an argument, is considered purposeful harm towards a specific group of people, regardless of belief (un-biased). If anyone feels it isn't breaking the code of conduct by being intentionally rude to a large group of people feel free to be rude to every other large group such as Gays, Hispanics, Invalids, Negros, ect...

-STOP THE CONFLICT - THIS POST IS NOT A BATTLEGROUND - FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO FIGHT SUCH AS PERSONAL MESSAGES-
Mother Nature - Level 52 Druid

Again, very disappointing that this thread turned back into a brawl... :roll:

Like Purple said, this thread was not for people to express their hatred or likeness of transgender people, it was a dedication and invitation of silence towards a teen "Girl" that did not need to die.

Wrongly calling her a "Him" because of an anatomical body part purposefully is the same thing as asking someone who is deaf to listen to a song.. It's disrespectful, un-needed and was an intention vocalization to cause conflict.

-Bigotry- intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself

Everyone is showing examples of it, including myself. We as previously mentioned are on the internet and everyone is entitled to their opinion and views. Feel free to share them at any point as long as they do not have purposeful intentions of harm, such as calling a Transgender Female a "Him". Which yes before starting an argument, is considered purposeful harm towards a specific group of people, regardless of belief (un-biased). If anyone feels it isn't breaking the code of conduct by being intentionally rude to a large group of people feel free to be rude to every other large group such as Gays, Hispanics, Invalids, Negros, ect...

-STOP THE CONFLICT - THIS POST IS NOT A BATTLEGROUND - FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO FIGHT SUCH AS PERSONAL MESSAGES-
I am sorry. I fully support this moment of silence. But "she" has a perfect thunderstorm. I am sorry but I want to be forward with my opinions. She is male. I can call myself a unicorn, does that make me one?
Your arguement is invalid.