Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Death Penalty

#171
If every murderer were to be killed, sentenced to Death by lethal injection, then wouldn't it speak tribute to the common people that murder is good. Back in the medievil days Death was a common sentence for all wrong doings, and eventually people took that role to succumb to killing the perpetrator themself, instead of reporting them.

So what I'm basically trying to say is; Is sentencing every murderer to death really a good thing, to free up space in a prison. You have to look at the psycological effects it would have on the families involved and the general public. The media would distort it out of proportion and would make it look like a common sentence... death. Killing EVERY murderer (instead of just the worst) from a public standpoint would be just as bad as killing a person. The psycological effects on the families and the public would be to kill anyone that has murdered and could potentially raise homicides, because the government is stating that killing a murderer is good and free's space, and the public feel like they would be doing the government a favor.

I know the above argument is a little far fetched, because we have not experienced or lived in such a society as portrayed above but I think that it would be a likely scenario is the death penalty were to be given to all Murderers.
Image

Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Re: Death Penalty

#172
Arjunlite wrote:
Armo wrote:
Arjunlite wrote:I've just gotten 1 warning removed for good behavior, so I won't tell you what's on my mind right now. Just know that I had quite a long string of curse words directed at you and your stupid beliefs.

Says the person who thinks people will be punished after they die therefore should not be treated so harshly lmao..

Friddoo I'm in Sydney.

EDIT: Copy that Dexxa. Just annoys me when it is assumed everyone debating is religious.

Reported. Keep insulting my religion, you have no clue what you're getting into.

You're something else bro. I'm a christian myself but it was quite obvious Armo wasnt insulting your religion. The law should absolutely no relation to religion in any way shape or form no matter what. If your argument for being anti death penalty is they'll get what's coming to them after death I really cant take you serious.

@Armo yes, its like talking to a wall
Image


If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

Re: Death Penalty

#173
Pestillence wrote:If every murderer were to be killed, sentenced to Death by lethal injection, then wouldn't it speak tribute to the common people that murder is good. Back in the medievil days Death was a common sentence for all wrong doings, and eventually people took that role to succumb to killing the perpetrator themself, instead of reporting them.

So what I'm basically trying to say is; Is sentencing every murderer to death really a good thing, to free up space in a prison. You have to look at the psycological effects it would have on the families involved and the general public. The media would distort it out of proportion and would make it look like a common sentence... death. Killing EVERY murderer (instead of just the worst) from a public standpoint would be just as bad as killing a person. The psycological effects on the families and the public would be to kill anyone that has murdered and could potentially raise homicides, because the government is stating that killing a murderer is good and free's space, and the public feel like they would be doing the government a favor.

I know the above argument is a little far fetched, because we have not experienced or lived in such a society as portrayed above but I think that it would be a likely scenario is the death penalty were to be given to all Murderers.

true, but if the gov't will do it, then why would people ever murder out of revenge?
Houston/rogue216-lvl 216 combined-140 rogue and 76 druid,

Become one with the 216 today! Consultations are Monday- Friday 8 am to 6pm. No walk-ins, only scheduled appointments allowed!

Re: Death Penalty

#174
Pestillence wrote:If every murderer were to be killed, sentenced to Death by lethal injection, then wouldn't it speak tribute to the common people that murder is good. Back in the medievil days Death was a common sentence for all wrong doings, and eventually people took that role to succumb to killing the perpetrator themself, instead of reporting them.

So what I'm basically trying to say is; Is sentencing every murderer to death really a good thing, to free up space in a prison. You have to look at the psycological effects it would have on the families involved and the general public. The media would distort it out of proportion and would make it look like a common sentence... death. Killing EVERY murderer (instead of just the worst) from a public standpoint would be just as bad as killing a person. The psycological effects on the families and the public would be to kill anyone that has murdered and could potentially raise homicides, because the government is stating that killing a murderer is good and free's space, and the public feel like they would be doing the government a favor.

I know the above argument is a little far fetched, because we have not experienced or lived in such a society as portrayed above but I think that it would be a likely scenario is the death penalty were to be given to all Murderers.

I don't think you read the rest of this thread through the whole thing Ive being saying only a select group of criminals should RECIEVE the death penalty not single time offenders they just get a long jail sentence
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Re: Death Penalty

#175
Pestillence wrote:If every murderer were to be killed, sentenced to Death by lethal injection, then wouldn't it speak tribute to the common people that murder is good. Back in the medievil days Death was a common sentence for all wrong doings, and eventually people took that role to succumb to killing the perpetrator themself, instead of reporting them.

So what I'm basically trying to say is; Is sentencing every murderer to death really a good thing, to free up space in a prison. You have to look at the psycological effects it would have on the families involved and the general public. The media would distort it out of proportion and would make it look like a common sentence... death. Killing EVERY murderer (instead of just the worst) from a public standpoint would be just as bad as killing a person. The psycological effects on the families and the public would be to kill anyone that has murdered and could potentially raise homicides, because the government is stating that killing a murderer is good and free's space, and the public feel like they would be doing the government a favor.

I know the above argument is a little far fetched, because we have not experienced or lived in such a society as portrayed above but I think that it would be a likely scenario is the death penalty were to be given to all Murderers.

Not for every murderer, but for mostly serial killers or other crimes similar to that (killing by torture for example), those ppl usually dont recover and have very high potential to kill someone again. Some serial killers also kill for fun..
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Death Penalty

#176
I would enjoy killing people who get off on killing others.
























I must be a sociopath.
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

Re: Death Penalty

#177
kimloc wrote:I would enjoy killing people who get off on killing others.
























I must be a sociopath.

Dexter alert
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Re: Death Penalty

#178
Rogue216 wrote:
Pestillence wrote:If every murderer were to be killed, sentenced to Death by lethal injection, then wouldn't it speak tribute to the common people that murder is good. Back in the medievil days Death was a common sentence for all wrong doings, and eventually people took that role to succumb to killing the perpetrator themself, instead of reporting them.

So what I'm basically trying to say is; Is sentencing every murderer to death really a good thing, to free up space in a prison. You have to look at the psycological effects it would have on the families involved and the general public. The media would distort it out of proportion and would make it look like a common sentence... death. Killing EVERY murderer (instead of just the worst) from a public standpoint would be just as bad as killing a person. The psycological effects on the families and the public would be to kill anyone that has murdered and could potentially raise homicides, because the government is stating that killing a murderer is good and free's space, and the public feel like they would be doing the government a favor.

I know the above argument is a little far fetched, because we have not experienced or lived in such a society as portrayed above but I think that it would be a likely scenario is the death penalty were to be given to all Murderers.

true, but if the gov't will do it, then why would people ever murder out of revenge?

more satisfying, perhaps
Just as a friend of a friend is my friend, a friend of my enemy is my enemy.

Re: Death Penalty

#179
friddoo wrote:
Pestillence wrote:If every murderer were to be killed, sentenced to Death by lethal injection, then wouldn't it speak tribute to the common people that murder is good. Back in the medievil days Death was a common sentence for all wrong doings, and eventually people took that role to succumb to killing the perpetrator themself, instead of reporting them.

So what I'm basically trying to say is; Is sentencing every murderer to death really a good thing, to free up space in a prison. You have to look at the psycological effects it would have on the families involved and the general public. The media would distort it out of proportion and would make it look like a common sentence... death. Killing EVERY murderer (instead of just the worst) from a public standpoint would be just as bad as killing a person. The psycological effects on the families and the public would be to kill anyone that has murdered and could potentially raise homicides, because the government is stating that killing a murderer is good and free's space, and the public feel like they would be doing the government a favor.

I know the above argument is a little far fetched, because we have not experienced or lived in such a society as portrayed above but I think that it would be a likely scenario is the death penalty were to be given to all Murderers.

I don't think you read the rest of this thread through the whole thing Ive being saying only a select group of criminals should RECIEVE the death penalty not single time offenders they just get a long jail sentence


No I have, I was just replying to someone who posted that the Death Penalty should be given to all murderers to free up space and save money.

The main argument is here Criminal and Fridoo, that if the government kills (sentences the death penalty) then by doing so, isn't that showing to the general public that it is "okay" to kill bad people? I believe it would be so, especially if it was such a common occurence.
Image

Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Re: Death Penalty

#180
So if the government is fining people who do smaller criminal offences, wouldn't that mean it's okay to steal things from bad people..?

Both lead to financial losses to a person, so I really don't see that as plausible...

Would you yourself start killing people just because capital punishment exists? If the answer is no, then you can't use that as your argument and assume everyone else is slightly crazier than yourself.
Image


A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests