Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Respecting People's Religion

I mean jeez people. I hear on the bus, and there is a guy who is talking about his beliefs because he was asked, and then they end up bashing him down to his toes. Someone says what they believe in, and people are just so ugly about it...what the hell are you thinking when you do that (for those who do)?

It may seem odd, weird, and foolish, but we all do more "foolish" things than following a hope. It just makes you unhuman when you make people feel like dirt, I am sure it has happened to you in other circumstances.

Now sure if they are talking about how they believe that if they rape your sister then they will become enlightened, but a religion that is for peace? Makes them doubt their belief and they look for a new one, join the terrorist group and chop off your head, how do you like them apples?

Anyways, I just want to see what y'all think and I hope there isn't any of the disrespectful here. :)
200 Allymia Rogue
Clan - Underground - Guardian Rank - Home of the noob, Paulweller

"If you aren't sinning; you aren't having fun." ;) ~ Priest

Re: Respecting People's Religion

Making a topic like this will always invite heated discussion, and disrespect, it should have been evident by the three locked religion topics.

Didn't see 'em. 0.0

This is a bit different, we are not talking about the depth of our beliefs, we are just saying it in general. It could be Muslim, Christian, Mormon, or Buddhist. Although, we will not talk about them in depth, thus not getting to that many disagreements. It will hopefully just mostly consist of "+1" or yeahs. Maybe a juicy one about why they do it...
200 Allymia Rogue

What is the purpose of this post? You're just ranting about religion your not even asking a question...

..what the hell are you thinking when you do that (for those who do)?

I see a question, don't you?
200 Allymia Rogue

What is the purpose of this post? You're just ranting about religion your not even asking a question...

..what the hell are you thinking when you do that (for those who do)?

I see a question, don't you?
And like legendz said here the bashing comes :roll:
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I agree that faith (not just religion) should be respeceted (as long as it isnt used for bad purposes), but here on forums and generally on the internet ppl might bash even harder as its done behind the screen, for example the religious threads that have been made a while ago, they have been full of many lies about religions, lots of bashing and hate, and when the threads have been asked to be locked they started getting mad on why its being locked, in other words ppl are just looking for something to fight about (doesnt really matter if it is religion, it can be done on so many things).

This thread might invite some hateful comments as well, but who knows, hopefully not :)
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I've always though of religion as a set of rules on how to live your life the way "God" intended it to be.

All religions incorporate love, peace, etc etc. People Nowadays are inclined to sway away from religion and thats understandable. Science is becoming the religion of many people now as it is more recent rather than outdated books and scriptures from ages ago which were probably changed along the years.

In short. Religion was made to keep order and a sense of belonging, when science came along, it completely changed the way we as humans perceived the world to be. This is why you would still see some nations stuck with incorporating too much religion. You can also see wars being fought in the name of religion, for religion and against religion.

The western world has moved on. People will rather live their life without boundaries, and rules. They don't care about the afterlife that religions such as Christianity, Islam etc promise. There has been no proof whatsoever about the afterlife, a supreme being.

In the end, its ones own belief. I respect all religions, to me they are merely a set of rules that people follow because their predecessors, grandfathers followed.
Wattzon of Sulis