Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

Oh I have nothing wrong with your evidence. In fact, they are marvelous...You found me a great read!
What I am talking about is the extra, totally unnecessary stuff...
Flamin you seem to be able to come up with the stupidest answers effortlessly. Is that a natural talent?
I know reading, science, and facts aren't your strong suit but
I will be the first one to admit I find it fun and entertaining to show ignorant people who post inflammatory comments just how stuipd they are with science, logic, and facts.

It's not really unnecessary as its entertaining and should convey a sense that not only is reality not opinion based but if you try to post or otherwise publically state inflammatory and factually incorrect information you will be met with justifiable hostility.

It's something I enjoy even more when in person and in people's face. I fully admit this.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Mmmmmmmmmmkay..

On a side note, Nina Pham is being moved to Maryland!...and guess who lives there? :roll:
Well...we do have the NIH...
I hope she recovers..shes kinda pretty :O
Lol it's sad even if they are butt ugly. But then again I guess that's why people don't mind eating fish but find eating dolphins abhorrent.

What is very concerning is the lack of proper training and equipment that likely led to this. Something is wrong when 10+ patients are treated for every health care worker infected in Africa with poor supplies and working conditions yet in the USA it appears to be around 1-1.

I actually hope the hospital gets the pants sued off them they treat nurses like an expendable resource in for profit organizations like US hospitals and lawsuits are the only thing that makes them change their practices.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I am 100% opposed to execution.

Place yourself in their shoes, to my knowledge ebola has a mortality rate of... 50%?
Say you have ebola, you won't have a 50% chance of death, you would have a 100% chance.

In times like these being humane is key, and i don't think it's humane to kill... 100s? 1000S? 10000S? Of people because 1-5 American(s) have died, i think it's safe to assume more people have died from butter-related accidents!
If I was in their shoes, yes
I'd gladly be executed in a humane fashion rather than be the one who by no fault of my own-- spreads it to someone else.
A fairly labored expression and feel free to disagree,
but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.
*edit*
Not because it's killed "1-5" Americans, because of everyone that's died thus far.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola- ... th-n227291
Obey the Nightmaster

Just to repost what I said earlier to the same:

Sadly the level of innate stupidity present in many with defective genes nourished through a lifetime of ignorance has led many to this "let's murder them all" conclusion. See the link below.

http://firebrandprogressives.org/colber ... yet-video/

Beyond that the only real cure we have is blood transfusions from those that have lived through it so killing the infected (which won't get rid of Ebola because it dosent reside exclusively in humans) is basically like crushing vials of cure under your heel.

Then again they are too stupid to understand this, or even how bad their own life choices are for themselves because of the aforementioned affliction.

Awesome move genius!!
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I am 100% opposed to execution.

Place yourself in their shoes, to my knowledge ebola has a mortality rate of... 50%?
Say you have ebola, you won't have a 50% chance of death, you would have a 100% chance.

In times like these being humane is key, and i don't think it's humane to kill... 100s? 1000S? 10000S? Of people because 1-5 American(s) have died, i think it's safe to assume more people have died from butter-related accidents!
If I was in their shoes, yes
I'd gladly be executed in a humane fashion rather than be the one who by no fault of my own-- spreads it to someone else.
A fairly labored expression and feel free to disagree,
but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.
*edit*
Not because it's killed "1-5" Americans, because of everyone that's died thus far.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola- ... th-n227291
I'm sort of a hypocrite on this, i would be executed, but I won't execute.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

Sadly the level of innate stupidity present in many with defective genes nourished through a lifetime of ignorance has led many to this "let's murder them all" conclusion. See the link below.

Beyond that the only real cure we have is blood transfusions from those that have lived through it so killing the infected (which won't get rid of Ebola because it dosent reside exclusively in humans) is basically like crushing vials of cure under your heel.

Then again they are too stupid to understand this, or even how bad their own life choices are for themselves because of the aforementioned affliction.

Awesome move genius!!
Yeah I think everyone on the topic is well aware that ebola doesn't just reside in humans... but if you want to be completely fair, nobody knows for 100 percent sure where it comes from so try not to suggest otherwise until the research catches up.
It's just humans that are the most efficient carriers of the disease, regardless of whether they are the Only carriers.

In the past if animals were found to have diseases like this (even ones to far less of an extent) they're cured with fire and guns, this situation should be different why?
Obey the Nightmaster

Awesome move genius!!
Yeah I think everyone on the topic is well aware that ebola doesn't just reside in humans... but if you want to be completely fair, nobody knows for 100 percent sure where it comes from so try not to suggest otherwise until the research catches up.
It's just humans that are the most efficient carriers of the disease, regardless of whether they are the Only carriers.

In the past if animals were found to have diseases like this (even ones to far less of an extent) they're cured with fire and guns, this situation should be different why?
No one but religious nutjobs thinks ebola magically just appears in people. While it is true the exact vectors remain unknown it is beyond certain ebola resides somewhere - highly likely within some other animal species.

http://m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content ... 1/S18.long

As you admit this means another outbreak could occur. Aside from some experimental research with tobacco plants and some experimental drugs, all of which is extremely hard, expensive, and slow to manufacture the only treatment we have that is cheap and easy comes from survivors with your same blood type.

There are reasons you don't just kill people with the slightest infection. Besides the above where do you think much of the cheap labor and resources come from to make your life cushy? Birds may spread disease but they are only just tasty (some not even that!). They can't make your life cushy. Heck they might not want to be murdered and are much better shots with a gun than pigeons. Even worse they could spend tons of money on expensive cures, many of which they just copy without paying royalties on to the US companies, leaving less to be sent to you. So beyond the other 50 reasons people with a modern understanding of morality would object to consider your own privelaged lifestyle first.
Last edited by Plus3 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Simple: Humans should not be the same to humans as animals are to humans.Killing off a thousand kittens should not be worse than killing off one human. Bros/hos before everyone else below!

I know..that analogy was probably a bit extreme, but...
An argument from humanity only applies to and would sway the beliefs of a human. Read the above again lol. It's hard to tell if its a troll because so many people actually are that stupid and don't realize how that additude is actually bad when taken against others much less when turned upon themselves.

Also I'm kind of curious where the exchange rate of 1000-1 comes from. Additionally if being cute factors in - what would be the toad exchange rate?
220+ toons

Toon histogram: