Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ebola Catastrophy

For those who don't know, Ebola is a disease that has been killing thousands in Africa. It has recently entered the US, in Texas. (Read: http://time.com/3453093/ebola-texas-dal ... d-patient/) On the news today, I also heard something about a possible exposure in Hawaii (Read: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/patient-is ... d=25909280) Anyone have any thoughts? Oh, let's not make this into a "We're all gonna die!" kind of discussion. :)
c r o m
MageYouCry Lvl88+
-I kind of have a 152 rogue but I'm lazy lol.-
Shh, I'm sleeping.

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

It is obvious that the ebola desease will infiltrate the USA and many other countries , but we can just be carefull of what we r doing, and dont blâme the poor africans cuz this is really beyond their power to control such a desease.
TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER FOR LETHAL FINISHER SKILL!
The dead man is watching u.....

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

It is obvious that the ebola desease will infiltrate the USA and many other countries , but we can just be carefull of what we r doing, and dont blâme the poor africans cuz this is really beyond their power to control such a desease.
Youre right we shouldnt blame them. we should blame the stupided asses who are bringing people over to the U.S that has ebola.
189 Rogue
198 Warrior
105 Ranger
188 Druid (Only one that i have full Dlord and weps...)

^This

We knew we couldn't prevent it from entering the nation.......

Now its up to the doctors and scientists to find a cure
"Is it just me or is it getting hot in here" :3

Level 11 Fire Mage nub :P

I'll get there

Depends how the US handle it - in the UK, a patient who came back with the disease was isolated immediately and sent to the hospital which I study in and he made a full recovery.

A cure/treatment needs to be found, but it's easier said than done. Don't forget that hygiene in the (what was) endemic areas of Africa is hardly at American standards so bodily fluids could easily come in contact to infect a person. :)

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Depends how the US handle it - in the UK, a patient who came back with the disease was isolated immediately and sent to the hospital which I study in and he made a full recovery.

A cure/treatment needs to be found, but it's easier said than done. Don't forget that hygiene in the (what was) endemic areas of Africa is hardly at American standards so bodily fluids could easily come in contact to infect a person. :)
Correct. I'm confident that the US will find anyone who came in contact with the patient and will isolate them immediately. Hopefully they can find a cure, but at the very least seclude the infected so we don't have a pandemic or epidemic! :)
Youre right we shouldnt blame them. we should blame the stupided asses who are bringing people over to the U.S that has ebola.
Some of those flights could've occurred before it became so huge of news with all the safety precautions.
c r o m
MageYouCry Lvl88+
-I kind of have a 152 rogue but I'm lazy lol.-
Shh, I'm sleeping.

The reason the disease is transferred so easily in Africa is due to their culture. It is common to touch the dead bodies during rituals. They also eat the source of ebola(a kind of bat).
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

The reason the disease is transferred so easily in Africa is due to their culture. It is common to touch the dead bodies during rituals. They also eat the source of ebola(a kind of bat).
The source of ebola has not been found.... Doing that "ritual" is just a way of transmitting. Please cite your sources
Belenus-
Assassinprime- lvl102 Ranger
Ravenwing-lvl68 Mage
Betaprime2-lvl68 Warrior
S0uth-lvl61 Rogue
Gwydion-
AtlasPrime-lvl180+ warrior

The source of ebola has not been found.... Doing that "ritual" is just a way of transmitting. Please cite your sources
Ebola is nothing new.. it usually runs it's course within small villages. It's gotten into a large and dense population which is a large reason it's such a problem. I havent done too much research and learning about it in my bio class.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter