Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Evolution?

Ok first I want to bring up a question I posted on the religion discussion thread that hasn't really gotten answered, here is the posted question:

A few thing I want to ask about Evolution, is that which has been said before, if we all came (basically) from "gelatinous gloop", then where did that come from? Also, if we all came from chance, that was one lucky roll of a die with near-infinitive sides, for example, we have billions of neurons in our body, that all work together to convey sensory perceptions, that is mind boggling how impossible the chances that they all appeared and worked together so perfectly. Another example is DNA, how is it possible for humans to have miles of DNA codes, each unique to a certain person, is there any way anyone can explain this? 'Cause its been bugging me and is the main reason I don't agree with the evolutionist idea. Also procreation, there must have been a really, really fast evolution for the "gelatinous gloop" or the things that came out of it first, to procreate and create more copies of itself, unless they lived a couple thousand years long. Also, this is just focusing on humans, the odds against that one chance are enormously multiplied once the thousands of species of animals are factored into the equation, with all their unique makeups (although not nearly as intricate as ours). Not to mention all the plant species, as well as the very ecosystem of our planet, the perfect distance from the sun, and more.

Here is link: http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... &start=160 p.14

Can someone knowledgable in the thoughts of Evolution answer some of these? They are the main reasons I'm skeptical about evolution.

As a side note, I'm not exactly looking for any negative posts with no information, i.e. Evolution is wrong, thats all you need to know. I would just like these questions answered by someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks! :D
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Evolution?

God created us look it up in the bible in the first chapter in Genesis, everything about it is in that book, its truth, inspired truth
I am Radioactive! 220+ EDL Rogue Proud member of Wolfgang!
Alt: Rhinoking01 full DL ranger lvl 180!
Server: Mabon

"You just can't beat the person who won't give up." - Babe Ruth

We simply don't know yet. Evolution does have some proof, but not everything is known. The cell theory states that all cells come from pre-existing cells. That begs the question, where did the first cell come from. And we just don't know. Yet.

Just because we don't know yet, you don't need to automatically believe a certain thing, whether it's evolution or a religion. It's not impossible for evolution to be true; it's not impossible for a faith to be true.

The decision is up to you in the end. Everyone believes their belief is correct.

I don't really know much bout evolution thow would like to put a possible theory 
It's probably best to start at the start so takeing from what I could find 'scientist' theorize that the universe is about 12-14billion years old from when 'the big bang'or what ever,the earth about 4-5million and life on earth about 1.5-2million and humans about 3,000 years so to ease this down let's say  
As you may notes the massive time lapses between each  for example if you where to compress all of existence (of the universe) into 14h then humans would of only been alive for 3 100ths of a second :-/
With this itme frame and the seemingly almost limitless .?.?.space of space.?.?.?.it would seem surely at some point life would develop (given this time frame it would be amassing if this planet was the only one to of)how it first developed is some think I don't quite understand (without out side help ofc )  possibly that this "gelatinous gloop"(idk spelling) was simply a mix of Benifishal nutrences, that some type of              
Mutated water+chemical+mineral compound  (from solar radiation possibly ) formed a organic structure that was able to absorb and expectorate  the material it was sarounded by this way it would not need to reproduce conventionally as simply ingesting and .?.?.regurgitating would be enuff to transfer bio-matter (to wich with no uther life forms to compeat with it would be able to expand at an incredible rate)only when these creatures dominate almost everything they can, would they need to evolve to better ensure and protect them selves.to the point of the  "that is mind boggling how impossible the chances that they all appeared and worked together so perfectly."in theory they wouldn't of...as in not all at once ofc normaly in evolution these things happen one by one or even 1/10 by 1/10 at a time and once somethink has worked and dose so well it often duplicates rapidly.This is just a random theory ofc I pulled it out a my head as I was going based on my understanding of how 'science' believes things began.

and ^agree

We didnt just have these neurons appear in our heads they were millions upon millions of years of trial and error, and the most common theory is that life came from an asteroid in space and we have developed around the planet, if we (us as bacteria) had landed on a cold planet we would have evolved so differently, we would evolve to not need heat

Also, just because we do not know the answer to things yet we cannot just fill them in with "god did it" back 100 years ago they thought god was the only one who could make matter or energy, 100 years later we are making anti-matter and combining it with matter to create energy (in the form of photons)

The bible states that the world is only thousands of years old, we know for a fact that it is billions of years old, and that humans are a new species which we know for a fact through genetic tracing, evolved out of Africa (all humans can be traced back to one tribe that still exists)

How the first cell came to be is definately up for debate and if you wish to believe god created that first cell i can accept your views. I can not accept people who sent truths that have been proven, for words written by humans before the world was understood
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I found this while looking for more info on the age of the earth, its very interesting.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... d-is-earth

Heres just one example I found on that page for you people to lazy to pull it up :lol: .

The results from some radiometric dating methods completely undermine those from the other radiometric methods. One such example is carbon-14 (14C) dating. As long as an organism is alive, it takes in 14C and 12C from the atmosphere; however, when it dies, the carbon intake stops. Since 14C is radioactive (decays into 14N), the amount of 14C in a dead organism gets less and less over time. Carbon-14 dates are determined from the measured ratio of radioactive carbon-14 to normal carbon-12 (14C/12C). Used on samples that were once alive, such as wood or bone, the measured 14C/12C ratio is compared with the ratio in living things today.
Now, 14C has a derived half-life of 5,730 years, so the 14C in organic material supposedly 100,000 years old should all essentially have decayed into nitrogen.19 Some things, such as wood trapped in lava flows, said to be millions of years old by other radiometric dating methods, still have 14C in them.20 If the items were really millions of years old, then they shouldn’t have any traces of 14C. Coal and diamonds, which are found in or sandwiched between rock layers allegedly millions of years old, have been shown to have 14C ages of only tens of thousands of years.21 So which date, if any, is correct? The diamonds or coal can’t be millions of years old if they have any traces of 14C still in them. This shows that these dating methods are completely unreliable and indicates that the presumed assumptions in the methods are erroneous.

So there are some discrepancies in the scientific way of dating things. As to the Biblical date of creation, when the dates in the Bible are all added together, it comes out to around 4000 B.C. or 6000 years ago (roughly).

This is all slightly beside the point however,
We didnt just have these neurons appear in our heads they were millions upon millions of years of trial and error, and the most common theory is that life came from an asteroid in space and we have developed around the planet, if we (us as bacteria) had landed on a cold planet we would have evolved so differently, we would evolve to not need heat
As to this, in the millions and millions of years of trial and error you talk about, aren't the chances gigantic that one of the "errors" might have killed the cells? So basically you are saying that there wasn't any major errors over millions and millions of years, correct?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The universe is an infinite vacuum, through billions of years in its existence through expanding and shrinking there has been many trials and errors. The amount of trials and errors is vast and once it was good enough to sustain life (cant say its perfect) which is now what we call home.

As for what evolution is and how it all began it is impossible to know, for now and forever. The only way to really know is by time travel backwards but that is not possible because we would already know about it. As Pigman said how it all began is up to you to decide, its not right but it may not be wrong either. Some say that people may have come from China as well as Africa although this is still a theory and has not been proven yet so i have no idea.
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Veteran CH Player, playing since December 2011.
Proud owner of a white coven

Proud Member of Aeon
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"
There is no sweet fruit for CH...