Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Merry "christmas" not "xmas"

Oh so i wished all of crom merry christmas but i said merry xmas. Like jerks some people said i was pushing atheism... Well im sorry i use xmas as an abrevition of christmas so to the jerks of crom u can take that jolliness i had that was ruined and all of u jerks can shove it up ur rear. Dw otm im not gonna name anyone.

-sincerly JoyfulSpirit of Crom

Re: Merry "christmas" not "xmas"

Does the 0.2 seconds of extra small movement justify the ridiculous abbreviation of 5 letters? Just spend the minuscule amount of time to spell things properly. The same applies to 'u' and 'r'...

Also, I'm an atheist so I don't care if it's pushing atheism....
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Lmao pushing atheism? Saying xmas doesnt push atheism, uh oh! I said xmas, i must be an atheist then :0
Houston/rogue216-lvl 216 combined-140 rogue and 76 druid,

Become one with the 216 today! Consultations are Monday- Friday 8 am to 6pm. No walk-ins, only scheduled appointments allowed!

The reasoning behind why people say that xmas is not good is because it is taking the Christ out of Christmas. I don't remember x being a symbol of Christianity but I know a fish was and a cross is. But if you look at it from that point of view as I kind of do, it kinda does push atheism because it makes us forget the true meaning of Christmas, which is of course Jesus Christ. I don't think it is a sin to write it that way, as long a you do not forget the reason for the season ;)
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

The reasoning behind why people say that xmas is not good is because it is taking the Christ out of Christmas. I don't remember x being a symbol of Christianity but I know a fish was and a cross is. But if you look at it from that point of view as I kind of do, it kinda does push atheism because it makes us forget the true meaning of Christmas, which is of course Jesus Christ. I don't think it is a sin to write it that way, as long a you do not forget the reason for the season ;)
This exactly, Christmas is broken into two words "Christ" and "Mas or Mass" aka Christ's mass. This is to symbolise the birth of Christ and to remember the day where we celebrate his birth and remember him.
So when you take out Christ it removes the whole point of having that name.

Wait what...? I'M BATMAN?? ^^^^

MrN1ceGuy-(Warrior)Level 100+

I'm almost certain when the OP wished people Merry Xmas he wasn't thinking I'm removing Christ from my life. I'm sorry but I am finding humor in a debate on a way to wish someone a joyful, spiritual occasion.

Maybe he meant X from from quest....is that the next debate :shock: It's a special day when Christ was born sure not everyone believes in Christ, I do but to say the OP is an atheist from spelling I'm kinda like Wtf. :oops:
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester