Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Upset about Mages and Druids

Hello everyone,
Just want to say I love this gave but certain things make it impossible for mages and Druids to level. Most of the monster are near impossible to kill. Such as branchtwisters and loredancers. These are basically rigged for anyone around the same level to die. It is impossible to get decent xp from these. I used to be able to kill the branchtwister no problem. Now the thing heals so much it's impossible to get any xp from them. Mages still don't hit hard enough. Yes the pvp they can woop some classes but still very hard to level. Druids also have problems such as healing during combat is very hard and gets interrupted twice as much reguardless of dex. Healers should be able to heal in combat... It is the only good skill we have and when we can't use it, it gets very frusterating. Warriors on the other hand can kill beasts 10-15 levels higher without using potions. This game favors warriors to much and shuns mages and druids. Seeing warriors with awesome weapons armor and spells is very discouraging for other classes when most other classes have weaker weapons armor and even spells. I wish you could even out the ratio of warriors to other classes by making it more difficult for them aswell. Not really fair. I do love this game and the new setup but you should do one or more of these suggestions to level out the gameplay and make it fair to every class.
Rogues and rangers have weaker armor than warriors. So please make rogues and rangers either more powerful or make warrior weapons weaker.
Mages and Druids have the worst armor and cannot damage much. They rely on other classes to help them level therefor restricting how often they train. They have hardly any power and cannot help themselves by healing when they constantly get spells interrupted. (natures touch mainly)
Warriors have to much power to good of armor and level twice as fast as any other class reguardless of build. In my opinion this is unfair and makes other classes not want to play.
AngelEyes-Mage-Lvl-80+
MotherNature-Druid-Lvl-180+
DivineDaggers-Rogue-Lvl-170+ Second device.
Clan (Outliers) World Rhiannon

Re: Upset about Mages and Druids

I can understand why they have Druid and Mage armor significantly weaker, because traditionally Warriors have much better defensive armor than both of them. However, what I do NOT understand is why Druids and Mage armor costs exactly the same as the corresponding armor of other classes when you buy stuff from merchants. If a warrior's armor is going to protect him twice as well, shouldn't it cost twice as much? Warriors also get many weapon choices, Blunts, Axes, Swords, and Spears (not going to talk about hands in this rant because every class has that), all of them with the exception of spears having one and two handed variants. Druids pick between staffs and totems, and I have NEVER seen a Druid over 60 using a staff because of how awful they are. Even worse, the totem ability isn't given until Stonevale, forcing most Druids to completely start over learning their weapon once they get there. Mages have it even worse, they're given a wand at the beginning and that's they're only weapon option throughout the game. At least wands are kind of ranged now...
Griesbachan, Level 76+ Druid
Inhabitant of the realm of Lugh
Proud Recruit of Clan Ancients

Once I get to level 80, get full Green Shadow Armor, and get myself an icon, I'd be interested in having an artisic rendering of my character for my sig. :D

For killing the healing mobs in stonevale, ghe best strategy I've found is knock them down to about 1/4 HP as they usually heal once below that point. Then, blast ice shards and fire bolt in succession. This usually does sufficient damage to kill them.

As for mage armor, mages get a fairly high magic resistance which is normal for a lot of MMOs.

I haven't had a chance to use a mage in otherworld yet, but so far I've found I can 2 or 3 hit most mobs my level.
Guardian of Unbreakable on Danu
Solona Level 81 Rogue
Solonara Level 104 Mage
Eryn Level 72 Druid

I've looked at the top rate ancient armor in Stonevale for all the classes, and each class gets the same amount of cold, heat, and magic protection with each corresponding piece of armor...
Griesbachan, Level 76+ Druid
Inhabitant of the realm of Lugh
Proud Recruit of Clan Ancients

Once I get to level 80, get full Green Shadow Armor, and get myself an icon, I'd be interested in having an artisic rendering of my character for my sig. :D