Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dual device build question?

Hi, I am currently dual boxing a Druid and mage and had a couple of questions about my build.

The Druid is mostly support, with only stinging swarm for damage. My idea was to have my mage go max ice blast, ice attune, ice shards, and cloak of fire. I know cloak is generally a pretty bad skill, but with the full support of my Druid, my mage should be able to tank 4-7 enemies at once, making cloak more effective than usual. That way I have 3 forms of AoE damage, and could clear rooms pretty quickly.

I just wanted to ask if that is something that would work, because I know traditionally you always want to have lure of ice.

Re: Dual device build question?

Hi, I am currently dual boxing a Druid and mage and had a couple of questions about my build.

The Druid is mostly support, with only stinging swarm for damage. My idea was to have my mage go max ice blast, ice attune, ice shards, and cloak of fire. I know cloak is generally a pretty bad skill, but with the full support of my Druid, my mage should be able to tank 4-7 enemies at once, making cloak more effective than usual. That way I have 3 forms of AoE damage, and could clear rooms pretty quickly.

I just wanted to ask if that is something that would work, because I know traditionally you always want to have lure of ice.
While an ice build can generally one-shot mobs at lower levels, if you're aoe training you'll want to be using firestorm. It's much quicker and you'll be able to finish off mobs without waiting as long for cooldown. You will want lures, but don't have to have them maxed completely when leveling at lower levels. I would only use cloak if you have extra points after everything else.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Re: Dual device build question?

While an ice build can generally one-shot mobs at lower levels, if you're aoe training you'll want to be using firestorm. It's much quicker and you'll be able to finish off mobs without waiting as long for cooldown. You will want lures, but don't have to have them maxed completely when leveling at lower levels. I would only use cloak if you have extra points after everything else.
I would even say eboost over cloak because of how quickly dps druids run out of energy
But I +1 the idea of fire over ice, but, BUT if your main toon is Druid and your slightly new to dual logging, the longer CD’s of ice skills may make ice making easier for a second toon.
Also +1 to using the lures, you’re going to want a lvled elemental lure (fire or ice, whichever you pick) as well as magic lure. A Druid in magic lure is pretty op.

I don’t love cloak, but if you found a way to make good use of it keep doing it if it’s working!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at