Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How To Be A Good Mage - PvP and Non PvP

Hey everyone i just made my first mage and really like it. im just lvl 47+ but am lvling fast considering made mage 3 days ago and i love but honestly i need to get on subject. i am almost undefeated with this simple build even out vitality and focus. THis build may not work for you maybe its just me:D im sry if it doesnt work and give my sincere regrets

HellBound- lvl 47+ proud chieftain of HellBringerz
Server- Herne :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey everyone i just made my first mage and really like it. im just lvl 47+ but am lvling fast considering made mage 3 days ago and i love but honestly i need to get on subject. i am almost undefeated with this simple build even out vitality and focus. THis build may not work for you maybe its just me:D im sry if it doesnt work and give my sincere regrets

HellBound- lvl 47+ proud chieftain of HellBringerz
Server- Herne :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well my build is similar right now (kind of). I have 50 more focus than vitality. If i were to relocate 25 focus to vitality, i would still have a decent build. However, I like the extra energy and the power that comes with it.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Here are the mage builds I find works best for just about any situation.

Stats
Strength - 5
Dexterity - 5
Focus - 270
Vitality - 220

PvP Build

Well this is a complicated build, and you have to use it correctly. First, here are my PvP Stats. Please take into account I am a level 95. -

Lure of Fire - 12
Lure of Ice - 13
Fire Bolt - Max - 25/25
Ice Shards - Max - 25/25
Energy Shield - 20/25

Thats my build for PvP. Use energy shield before you start because it takes like 560 energy, and use meditate to gain around 30 back. Make sure to use Lure of ice, then ice shards, then Fire bolt or Lure of fire depending on how much life they have left. If you can, skip the lure and go for the kill shot.

Non PvP
Cloak of Fire - 20/25
Ice Shards - 25/25
Fire Bolt - 25/25
Lure of Ice - 13/25
Lure of Fire - 12/25

Keep cloak on at all times, lure first, and kick ass. Expect your Ice to hit constant 900's. Fire around 400's.

Keep in mind that once I get the new skills, like firestorm and freeze, points will be taken out of fire bolt and ice shards. Im not sure if Ill put into freeze, but definatly firestorm. None in lures.

Thanks for reading. I find these build to be the most effective, and I kick ass against all in PvP with my PvP build. I can even kill some rogues and rangers with low hp with my training build if I get a good Ice hit. Thanks again for taking the time to read this.
I find a problem with the PvP build, I don't like energy shield because it drains your energy too quickly and you aren't able to use as much energy for skills.
World: Crom

Lvl 130 Warrior
FriendToAll

I find a problem with the PvP build, I don't like energy shield because it drains your energy too quickly and you aren't able to use as much energy for skills.
This is where you have to be smart about it.

If you are offering to duel, cast it before and use meditate. By the time the duel starts, you should be fine (Assuming you have waited a few seconds berore requesting a duel)

If somebody else challenges you, quickly cast energy shield then meditate. Wait as long as you can before accepting to duel.

There you go, the most helpful preduel tip for mages!
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

You have to take into consideration the fact that when it comes to mages, duels don't last long. I mean, if you're dueling someone as far as 20 levels above you, you'll likely win having used ice shards once and fire bolt no more than twice. The exception being Druids, in which case another fire bolt and ice shards may be necessary.
World: Lugh
TheYuleLog - Warrior level 29
Clan - EternalBros
WorldWarZ - Rogue level 20
AntonLaVey - Mage level 46
Chieftain of Clan ChurchofSatan

My stats:
Strength-5
Dexterity-60(with the new "evading spells")
Focus-105
Vitality-90

dex doesn't help you evade spells and it doesn't make it so mobs don't evade yours
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

You have to take into consideration the fact that when it comes to mages, duels don't last long. I mean, if you're dueling someone as far as 20 levels above you, you'll likely win having used ice shards once and fire bolt no more than twice. The exception being Druids, in which case another fire bolt and ice shards may be necessary.

just punch druids, then they can't heal.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

This is where you have to be smart about it.

If you are offering to duel, cast it before and use meditate. By the time the duel starts, you should be fine (Assuming you have waited a few seconds berore requesting a duel)

If somebody else challenges you, quickly cast energy shield then meditate. Wait as long as you can before accepting to duel.

There you go, the most helpful preduel tip for mages!

Don't forget energy well and energy boost.

This is how I duel. Energy well, meditate to full. offer to duel. if they accept: energy boost, energy shield. right as the duel starts fire lure. cast firebolt. cast ice lure. cast firebolt. cast ice shards. cast firebolt. dead.

be punching them with no wand if they are a druid. Don't duel rangers. dont duel people over 20 levels above you or if you are 60 dont duel an 80 if they have diamond weapons.

Do this and you will never loose.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?