Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage Balance Changes

I had the idea for the divine attune and yes I can see the problem there. Perhaps if the edl armor bonus, main hand, and offhand divine damage bonuses were converted from auto attack damage to a skull damage percentage that would work better.

It would need to be small for each piece but when used together could make a considerable difference for mage dps. Something like 2% from edl armor set 3% from mage main hand and 3% from mage oh.

The only problem with this is that gele weapons seem to be emphasized as the endgame mage weapons and not the actual edl main hand. Most mages in my server don’t even have thier main hand. They opted to just get off hand.

It is evident that mages need some help in the divine damage department. Even if it was a flat rate placed on top of skills it would still need to be a considerable amount when you consider our damage is nuke damage and not dot. If ice blast misses a ranger would strike 40+ times before we could cast again even using recast reduction items. It seems logical that if we are going to be relevant in dps output something must be done.
And which skill would they be added too? Unless the divine damage is equally distributed the speed of bolt will literally make mages a one skill class. Bolt is already massively overpowered compared to the rest of the skill alignment.

The only way to keep interclass balance is to increase the divine effect at an equal rate that reflects the skills cast time. (which is exactly what base damage reflects)
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

I am a fan of numbers so I did some calculations. I wanted to find a baseline of damage that an equally geared rogue or ranger can put out in optimum circumstances.
*please note this is ONLY DIVINE DAMAGE*
Edl Aura - 200
Edl Offhand - 250
Divine Damage Ring(Grand)- 75

* Obviously this does not account for skill casting times, deaths, missed attacks, or critical hits.*

433,125 damage that is non resistable to any boss. Now consider with a maximum lure effect on a boss, Elemental Damage does 1/4 of the normal Damage. Meaning a well equipped end game ice mage with shards that hits for 10k. Will do only 2,500 damage to a raid boss.

All of this helps explain why mages need divine damage added to our skills. To do the same damage to a raid boss you would need to cast shards 173 times which would take 49 minutes.

Please remember this is just divine damage not piercing or skill damage. This just calculates the possible divine damage. Even if the autos only hit 1/2 of the time mages would find it difficult to compete.
GRIMM☠️
Grimeo - 224 Mage
Grimm Hunter - 190 Ranger
Grimm Samedi - 200 Druid
Grimm Reaper - 108 Rogue
Grimm Blade - 97 Warrior
World - Taranis
RED RIGHT HAND

To add to that ^ I did screen recordings of 2 necro raids and 2 prot raids then counted up every single cast and compared it to my avg non resisted attacks (the avg of about 200 casts)

What I found is that
1) prot resisted an avg of 77.6% of my shards damage
2) necro was resisting an average of 87.6% of my shards damage

Really? Your going to resist almost 90% of a classes damage and call it balanced and then say, oh well let’s just give every other class hundreds of unresisted damage every second :3
small rant over ty for your time :p

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Taking x% of skill damage and adding that as divine dmg to each cast seems best way to solve it. And make divine dmg from offhand/armour add to skills as well. I don’t have an endgame mage so I don’t know much about it but when shards is only doing 2k on necro every 11s vs rangers 600-800 off wrath every 1.12s there’s definitely a problem with balancing.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Or just make the divine damage a % of attune.

1. This avoids mages stacking every DPS spell to make them too OP.

2. Still gives proportionate damage to ice and fire mages.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Or just make the divine damage a % of attune.

1. This avoids mages stacking every DPS spell to make them too OP.

2. Still gives proportionate damage to ice and fire mages.
How would it give proportionate damage to ice and fire by instituting divine attun or are you suggesting both a fire and ice attun in which case blast and storm will become even more useless than they already are.

Also, what do you mean about stacking? Casting order wouldn't change either way.

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

No you nub.

Let's say we choose 50%. So if fire attune gives 2000 extra damage, it will make 1000 of this divine. It won't be a separate attune.

And if ice attune gives 4000 extra damage, it will make 2000 of this divine.

No you nub.

Let's say we choose 50%. So if fire attune gives 2000 extra damage, it will make 1000 of this divine. It won't be a separate attune.

Which then makes using a 3rd skill pointless...
that's what he means lol
Hi

Taking x% of skill damage and adding that as divine dmg to each cast seems best way to solve it. And make divine dmg from offhand/armour add to skills as well. I don’t have an endgame mage so I don’t know much about it but when shards is only doing 2k on necro every 11s vs rangers 600-800 off wrath every 1.12s there’s definitely a problem with balancing.
+1 on reworking mage armor nd offhans.. should add tht divine dmg to spell.... idk wat otm was thinking wen they designed edl fr mages...
zkiiii lvl 220 mage
desi ranger, lvl193 ranger
member of PEGASUS, LUGH
server EPONA
zkiii lvl145 mage
member of EVIL CLOWNS
GOD AMONG NUBS

No you nub.

Which then makes using a 3rd skill pointless...
that's what he means lol
Huh? What third skill?

If attune gives a % divine damage, then for example fire attune will give fire bolt and fire storm both divine damage. If by third skill you mean adding ice shards, then no you shouldn't get extra divine damage from that.

Make the percentage high enough so that you don't need a third DPS skill to compete with other DPS.