Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

gearing help: ice mage

lvl 215 mage atm, our clan can do as far as prot, no gele coz well get our butts spanked.
atm im using:
full edl
runic grim
dark grim of ashes
royal hoarfrost rivere and runestone
royal blightcasters crag brace
majestic abyssal ice blast brace
hotswapping majestic abyssal curses ring and grand dragon ring of assassins lure
imperial frostiron glacier (will be hotswapping once i figure out what the best stuff for me are)
(these 2 rings are memes lol) 2 mighty fire lure and bolt prot rings

Already know i have to replace the prot rings since im ice, just want to know what the best rings would be. Been using the prot rings since they add good stat points
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Re: gearing help: ice mage

On my mage, I hotswap a +8 tower Attune ring, a +8 Frostiron energy shield ring, a +9 Blast Imperial Blightcaster ring, a +6 pierce lure ring, and occasionally a +6 Freeze ring in my first slot (takes some getting used to, but I have almost no delay in skills). For my others, I have a +6 Shards prot ring (need the vit bc I'm full foc), and two godly mordi freeze/Shards rings. Misc, I use Imperial Shrouding misc (+9 e shield and 192 focus), and ammy, I switch between Perceptor vit/foc (survivability) and Imperial Hoarfrost (maximum dps). For wep, I currently swap between dl wand and shadow Freeze skill (from gear I have Freeze to lvl 205, I dropped a few more points in and use it for soloing edl and dl placeholders and pvp). If I could, I'd switch the dl wand for a Hrung Shards recast skill. I also, for everything but Mordi and Gele, use a Hrung vit/Shards helm, edl/occult gloves (depends if I'm carrying firebolt or pierce lure), occult bp, edl legs, and edl/occult legs (dependent on firebolt vs pierce lure). For you, I'd suggest getting a Hrung helm, and occult gloves/bp, a Hrung skull or dl/edl wand, and perhaps a couple of spider Shards rings and a Osan or Blightcaster in the off slots (Blightcaster adds armour, yayyy). Also, might consider getting necro braces for recast, its super nice. The way I always say to do hotswapping is one shield ring, one Att ring, and one DPS ring. I also swap in/out my dragon rings for pierce lure and Freeze, to save a few skill points, you could if you'd like, I do fine unless I get flustered and misclick in a adrenaline-rush of pvp. So, ideal dps setup (discounting Freeze, I use bc I have rings and skull):
Hoarfrost ammy
Hoarfrost misc (perhaps hotswap with Shrouding for e shield)
Blightcaster brace
Necro recast or mordi Blast
E shield/att/lure/dps ring of your choice
Spider/Osan Shards/Blightcaster ring (assuming you can't get nice +8 or better prot rings)
Spider/Osan Shards/Blightcaster ring
Spider/Osan Shards/Blightcaster ring
Runic or edl grim
Hrung skull or dl/edl wand
Hrung Shards helm
Occult bp
Occult gloves
Edl legs
Edl boots
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Give up wanting to go ice Mage - it’s dps is useless unless you’re running gele rings. It’s even more useless if you don’t have DG. Gele rings allow you to swap out a ice dmg necral bracer for a cool down one with furthers your dps even more.

My shards and blast were spiking 9/10k a cast with 20k being my max crit hit when I had edl and no gele items.

Now that I have gele rings my max is 29.9k and regularly hit 10-14k blasts (that’s without doch gul).

With your gear it’s more dps to go fire. A lot easier to level as too.

Just my advice.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Give up wanting to go ice Mage - it’s dps is useless unless you’re running gele rings. It’s even more useless if you don’t have DG. Gele rings allow you to swap out a ice dmg necral bracer for a cool down one with furthers your dps even more.

My shards and blast were spiking 9/10k a cast with 20k being my max crit hit when I had edl and no gele items.

Now that I have gele rings my max is 29.9k and regularly hit 10-14k blasts (that’s without doch gul).

Just my advice.
As an ice mage with edl and no gele gear my max crit is around 35k using 2 spider shards rings and 2 necro ice rings, during the carrow events the majority of spider osan and 200 smolach kills were mine aswell as a few skain and gara (ice is definately viable at endgame even without gele gear)
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Just my advice.
As an ice mage with edl and no gele gear my max crit is around 35k using 2 spider shards rings and 2 necro ice rings, during the carrow events the majority of spider osan and 200 smolach kills were mine aswell as a few skain and gara (ice is definately viable at endgame even without gele gear)
I don’t believe for a second that you’d out dps a ranger on garanak, sorry.
Secondly, your previous reply literally stated, by yourself, that you use Gele rings lol.

What’s your IGN?
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Just my advice.
Secondly, your previous reply literally stated, by yourself, that you use Gele rings lol.

What’s your IGN?
IGN is krumz (crom) I’ll send some pics of gara kills :p and my one gele ring is a blast ring so has no effect on my max crit (shards)
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Just my advice.

What’s your IGN?
It really depends on who the other dps are and how well equipped they are. Pretty sure a well geared mage can out damage other poorly geared dps,

The 210 Smolach is solely an ice mage kill. If an ice mage doesn't get it, they should just logout and delete the toon. :lol:
Same with fire mages and monoliths.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.