Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: PvP Guide for Fire Mages

Yup. Fire attunement, ice attunement, and ice blast rings do not have any level requirement. My level 4 ice mage has royal+grand ice attune, and royal+grand ice blast, and becomes a low level killing machine.
It's really fun to see those ppl's reactions when ur a lvl 1 mage and you are owning like lvl 30ish players.

Swan, I've done some pvp research and come to the conclusion that maxing attunes is priority one for pvp, even more important than the respective skills they boost.

Due to the fact that dmg skills are nerfed, putting pts into them wouldn't have as much effect as if you put the pts in attune, which is not nerfed in pvp (due to its status of being a buff) and in addition boosts dmg of btoh skills, significantly increasing your pvp dps output.

Swan, I've done some pvp research and come to the conclusion that maxing attunes is priority one for pvp, even more important than the respective skills they boost.
I assume that you are referring to lower level pvp, when you don't have enough skill points to max both damage skills and the corresponding attune. If you're a higher level mage, it doesn't matter, because you can just max all of them.
Due to the fact that dmg skills are nerfed, putting pts into them wouldn't have as much effect as if you put the pts in attune, which is not nerfed in pvp (due to its status of being a buff)
I believe that the nerf applies for the attune as well. Even though attune is a buff, it is subject to the same treatment as skills.

You can test this out for yourself if you have an extra alt book. Reset fire bolt and firestorm to level 1, and max attune as high as possible. Suppose that your attunement now boosts 2k damage, and your fire bolt and storm do about 100 damage each at level 1.

Walk over to some dummies and fire bolt/storm them a few times. I am fairly confident that you will not hit 2k damage every time. This is because your attune is treated like a skill—it has a displayed maximum damage in your skill page, but in reality it does damage within a lower range.

Because attune behaves this way, I think that it is also affected by the pvp damage nerf.

Also, take a look at these formulas for maxed out fire attune, fire bolt, and firestorm. As you can see by the emphasized numbers, putting points in fire bolt first, and then storm, will lead to more damage per hit.

Level 50 Fire Attunement Damage Boost = 22.331*sqrt(Focus) + 10.044*sqrt(Fire Magic) + 307.16
Level 50 Fire Bolt Damage = 72.853*sqrt(Focus) + 21.611*sqrt(Fire Magic) + 264.84
Level 50 Firestorm Damage = 90.164*sqrt(Focus) + 25.515*sqrt(Fire Magic) + 365.43

Keep in mind that below level 60, your mage should have four fire attune rings equipped, boosting the skill by +14. But I still think that the order should be: max fire bolt first, max firestorm, and finally max fire attune.

I assume that you are referring to lower level pvp, when you don't have enough skill points to max both damage skills and the corresponding attune. If you're a higher level mage, it doesn't matter, because you can just max all of them.
Due to the fact that dmg skills are nerfed, putting pts into them wouldn't have as much effect as if you put the pts in attune, which is not nerfed in pvp (due to its status of being a buff)
I believe that the nerf applies for the attune as well. Even though attune is a buff, it is subject to the same treatment as skills.

You can test this out for yourself if you have an extra alt book. Reset fire bolt and firestorm to level 1, and max attune as high as possible. Suppose that your attunement now boosts 2k damage, and your fire bolt and storm do about 100 damage each at level 1.

Walk over to some dummies and fire bolt/storm them a few times. I am fairly confident that you will not hit 2k damage every time. This is because your attune is treated like a skill—it has a displayed maximum damage in your skill page, but in reality it does damage within a lower range.

Because attune behaves this way, I think that it is also affected by the pvp damage nerf.

Also, take a look at these formulas for maxed out fire attune, fire bolt, and firestorm. As you can see by the emphasized numbers, putting points in fire bolt first, and then storm, will lead to more damage per hit.

Level 50 Fire Attunement Damage Boost = 22.331*sqrt(Focus) + 10.044*sqrt(Fire Magic) + 307.16
Level 50 Fire Bolt Damage = 72.853*sqrt(Focus) + 21.611*sqrt(Fire Magic) + 264.84
Level 50 Firestorm Damage = 90.164*sqrt(Focus) + 25.515*sqrt(Fire Magic) + 365.43

Keep in mind that below level 60, your mage should have four fire attune rings equipped, boosting the skill by +14. But I still think that the order should be: max fire bolt first, max firestorm, and finally max fire attune.
I've done some testing today and apparently attune is not nerfed, my attuneless bolt does around 600 dmg and 300 in pvp, after the attune and without attune tests both pvp and pv-dummies, my attuned (lvl 25) bolt does around 1000 dmg and 700 in pvp, so I can't really tell the difference.

Re: PvP Guide: The Fire Mage

very good guide for fire mages build! hope you make a ice mage pvp guide.:)
Whas up with necro posting.... STOP
I am not sure exactly what you mean by this, but posting on threads that are stickied guides is not necro posting.
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

Re: PvP Guide: The Fire Mage

very good guide for fire mages build! hope you make a ice mage pvp guide.:)
Whas up with necro posting.... STOP
I am not sure exactly what you mean by this, but posting on threads that are stickied guides is not necro posting.
Major *facepalm* I cant think anymore ... I've lost my mind....
Sorry bout that jacthelegit
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]