Fireball 15/15
Cloak of fire 15/15
Lure of fire 15/15
Lure of ice 9/15
Ice shards 15/15
Energy well 5/15
Bandage wounds 10/15

My lvl 80 Mage can solo frostroot elders
This setup can work great if you have a reguve or enigizer item cause after 2 iceshards between all the fireball casts the two lures and cloak your not gunna have any energy left. So i recommend taking about 500 health and transfering it to energy cause if not in the heat of battle your screwed cause meditate wont be working now this is unless you have taken the approack of a survival mage with energywell and energy burst(Not sure what the one that is blue but looks like cloak) then your set and can have energy shield for a backup while you let cloak do the amage.
Name:HoorDee/DrPeppers
Class:(Balor) Warrior(Rosmerta)Druid
Level:170/140

Re: Still New with my Mage

I use energy shield to endure massive hits. Whether it be from soloing or from the red bosses when the tanks die and rouges use distract

Its also okay to cast during long battles, where energy regens until I cast E shield and regen my health.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Depends in part on what gear you have.
I was super heavy on focus in the beginning, but now have heroic rejuv ammy and a bodkin of spirits, which allowed me to drop my focus back

Am in the process of experimenting a bit with str vs dex to see if they actually do anything.
Ta 180 Druid, Keri 191 Mage, June 102 Warrior, Rex 182 Rogue
Proud AvaloNian

Am in the process of experimenting a bit with str vs dex to see if they actually do anything.
Strength is multiplied by a constant value, which is then multiplied by all your offensive gear. For example, a rouge that has 180 str and uses a cruel knife has about 38 damage. When a golden axe of carnage is equipped with the knife, the damage stat goes a bit past 100.
Well here are the calculations I figured out for some stats...
HP=[6.2]v+1, [] is floor and "v" is vitality
Defense=2d, "d" is dexterity
Attack=d+A, "d" is dexterity and "A" is weapon ability level

I find dex to be very helpful. You may not realize it until its gone lol
(Returning Player)

This is what I have learned.
Decision 1 - How much do you intend on spending on sigils? This will drastically change how you distribute your stats.
Decision 2 - Do you want a solo build or a team build? Team builds use more energy and less HP since you don't get the agro as much and you don't want to run out of E. Problem is if you start piling on DPS then you will get the agro so learn to run in circles until the group pulls him off your back.

My stats
  • Strength 20
    Dexterity 30
    Focus 100
    Vitality 130
Basically I am using a ratio of 1/2/5/7 though right now I am a little behind in dex and ahead in focus. Each skill has its benefits and I don't believe any skill should be ignored as a solo character. Specializing is different. Since there are a number of different mobs to fight my strategy changes. Is it an all out 1 on 1 or do I expect many mobs in quick succession?
I play a purest game no plat on any pots, elix, sigils or gold. Also I play a solo build. In two weeks I have gone from Level 1 to level 55 using this approach. My energy runs out after my HP but not far behind. I can solo a 68th 3 star wisp

Had I to do it over i would probably make Fire Cloak my primary skill expenditure then Fire Lure, Fire Bolt, Energy Boost and Ice Shards in that order.

By the way, from what i can tell the formulas are:
  • Health =Round( 6.25*Vitality)
    Energy = 4*Focus
    Attack = Dexterity +(Weapon ability level)
    Defense = 2* Dexterity
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Energy = 4*Focus
    Defense = 2* Dexterity
your health calculation is incorrect. Try my calculation and see for your self.
As for energy, the weight is not accounted for...(I am still in the process of figuring it out)
(Returning Player)

Energy = 4*Focus
    Defense = 2* Dexterity
As for energy, the weight is not accounted for...(I am still in the process of figuring it out)
Health is based on the table documented in the celtic heroes wikidot web site. My numbers are Vit 130 Health 813, your calculation would give me 807. (However the two are within a few points of each others so it really doesn't matter.)

The Energy is the max energy if you are naked what you wear effects this. I will do some research and respond.

I am also trying to reverse engineer the skill - effect relationship for spells. I believe that level has no direct impact. It appears to be similar to Attack, the ability level determines effect while level only determines max ability. However i need data. Changing ability is very time consuming and you cant undo it.

If you would like to help please use this table and put in you own numbers.
Skills Level Effect
First Aid Ability 516
  • Recuperate........2 / 6
    Bandage wounds..9 / 142
    Meditate...........2 / 6
Fire Ability 550
  • Fire Bolt...........15 / 280
    Fire cloak..........10 / 65
    Fire Lure...........15 / 182
Ice Ability 446
  • Ice Lure.............1 / 27
    Ice Shards..........4 / 246
    Energy Shield.......1 / ?
    Energy Well.........1 / 109
    Energy Boost........5 / ?
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

Energy = 4*Focus
    Defense = 2* Dexterity
Health is based on the table documented in the celtic heroes wikidot web site. My numbers are Vit 130 Health 813, your calculation would give me 807. (However the two are within a few points of each others so it really doesn't matter.)

The Energy is the max energy if you are naked what you wear effects this. I will do some research and respond.

I am also trying to reverse engineer the skill - effect relationship for spells. I believe that level has no direct impact. It appears to be similar to Attack, the ability level determines effect while level only determines max ability. However i need data. Changing ability is very time consuming and you cant undo it.

If you would like to help please use this table and put in you own numbers.
Skills Level Effect
First Aid Ability 516
  • Recuperate........2 / 6
    Bandage wounds..9 / 142
    Meditate...........2 / 6
Fire Ability 550
  • Fire Bolt...........15 / 280
    Fire cloak..........10 / 65
    Fire Lure...........15 / 182
Ice Ability 446
  • Ice Lure.............1 / 27
    Ice Shards..........4 / 246
    Energy Shield.......1 / ?
    Energy Well.........1 / 109
    Energy Boost........5 / ?
Nice to see someone working on those skills :D
As for energy, I am still puzzled. I have 1 extra energy even when naked :shock: (I will investigate farther)
My health calculation worked out for me on all my characters (including my 86 tank). Oh well... Thanks for the heads up.
(Returning Player)

If anybody is about to redo their skills via a book of alteration. PLEASE apply each skill point one at a time and then look to see how it effects the skill. Record these data points and post them.
Thanks I recently went from level 10 to level 11 fire cloak and had no change in damage. but after adding 7 points in fire ability it did add 1 point.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

I asked the warriors to help me with some data collecting on strength and it was useful.

OK given the data I have collected I have come to the following conclusions.

STR has two purposes in the game and neither has to do with adding damage.
1. It allows you to use items with a str requirement (this does effect damage but it is the weapon not the STR)
2. It allows you to carry heavier stuff for less of an energy loss however it takes about 4 pts of str to get the same energy as 1 pt of Focus so if you want energy buy focus.

Conclusion, you should never buy any more STR than is needed to use your favorite stuff.

In effect there is no reason for a mage to have more than a 5 Str.

(The energy solution is nonlinear so I used a first order linear approximation to model the effects.)
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70