Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: mages on update 3

#32
admin wrote:Hi there, so far we are looking at skills like:

Area effect damage (all enemies near the target will also get damaged)
Large single energy attack (burn energy in exchange for damage)
Sacrifice health for energy (can gift energy to others with this also)
Lure of magic

and some other stuff - if there's anything in particular you want let me know.


WOW!! From an old school player’s perspective, and one who has tried to keep Mage as their main class, I am very excited about these proposed changes. I don’t want to be over powered, merely as balanced as other classes.

Is Lure of Magic to affect all spells that a mage uses after that is inflicted on a mob?

Thanks again.
Tog
Togarth Lvl 150 Mage World Sulis General of Clan Retribution 3rd Place in Marshall's Crystal Armor Event (ChuckNorris)

Re: mages on update 3

#33
I don't know if it's been stated, but I'd like to see maybe even a cloak of ice. Of course the two cloaks couldn't be cast at the same time, but it would make deciding which one you use a challenge depending on how your abilities are.

As for area affects, I think the ice spell should just be one big ice crystal that comes up from the ground. For fire, maybe just a huge flame wave that comes out of your hand. There should also be a way to let mages decide a path to choose, light or dark. I know this has been mentioned, but it could make certain mages useful for certain types of bosses, and the other mages important for the other bosses.
"You follow Rafiki, he knows the way"

Agentyamski - Lvl 128+
Rafiki - Lvl 95+
Coldbreth - Lvl 95+
http://www.celticheroesfanatics.wikia.com/
http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30536

Re: mages on update 3

#34
Agentyamski wrote:There should also be a way to let mages decide a path to choose, light or dark. I know this has been mentioned, but it could make certain mages useful for certain types of bosses, and the other mages important for the other bosses.

Well maybe in terms of weaknesses, yes, one side should be more helpful for some bosses. But Light/Dark can be like ice/fire; both included, but both can't be trained equally.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Re: mages on update 3

#35
How about a spell that can push the enemy back and then freeze him for 5 seconds to give chance for the mage to cast a damaging spell when the mage is a overwhelmed by his/her enemy
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Mabon - !^! Ranger
Mabon - @* Druid

Re: mages on update 3

#36
How about a spell that causes the target to become confused (basically run off for say 30 seconds to a minute), this would help either when ganged up on by multiple NPC's or when grouped. while grouped this would allow the Mage to keep the group focused on the boss.
World: Lugh
Clan: Gods of War (Co-founder and General)
Warrior: Grumpy1 lvl 100 plus
Rogue: Grumpy2 lvl 80 plus
Ranger: Grumpy3 lvl 40 plus
Mage: Grumpy4 lvl 90 plus
Druid: Grumpsdruid lvl 70 plus

Re: mages on update 3

#37
Grump wrote:How about a spell that causes the target to become confused (basically run off for say 30 seconds to a minute), this would help either when ganged up on by multiple NPC's or when grouped. while grouped this would allow the Mage to keep the group focused on the boss.

I dont think that will work out
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Re: mages on update 3

#38
Sir Blaze333 wrote:
Grump wrote:How about a spell that causes the target to become confused (basically run off for say 30 seconds to a minute), this would help either when ganged up on by multiple NPC's or when grouped. while grouped this would allow the Mage to keep the group focused on the boss.

I dont think that will work out

+1
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Mabon - !^! Ranger
Mabon - @* Druid

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests