Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mages after the update

Being a mage I've thought about my build after the update with energy shield etc etc. At the moment I'm level 49 with 150 vit which means I have nearly 900 health and 100 focus, I'm really liking this build especially when I use leather or cloth to boost my max focus as opposed to using plate which lowers it to a disgusting level.

However when the update comes out I can see mages just putting points in focus because of the energy shield and energy well which I think will be boring because you'll use so much energy you'll only be able to take on 1 enemy at a time or will there still be mages who rely on having tons of life enabling them to pull rooms full of mobs?
IGN: Magika
World: Morrigan
Class: Mage (Level 53)
Clan: Chieftain of the 40+ clan Alliance

- Message me in game for help, need high level items or are interested in joining Alliance.

Re: Mages after the update

Right now, I am an all Focus Mage with 63 health.
I just pull one monster out at a time.
I think when we get all of our cool new skills, pulling will be easier and you may or may not notice much of a difference between that and mobbing.
The Energy Shield might help a lot if you plan to take on huge mobs like a Battle Mage.
Energy Shield stacked on Cloak of Fire will hopefully make things a lot easier also.
IGN: Nito (Mage)
IGN: Nitio (Druid)
World: Mabon
Clan: Rebels

Mmm im probably going to stick with just having ridiculous amounts of vitality and focus on just killing mobs before with the higher damage spells

- Message me in game for help, need high level items or are interested in joining Alliance.

An admin mentioned that mages are goin to get a skill called "meditate" that acts like recuperate but for energy. This should help greatly with energy regen, enabling more use of energy shield, and spell casting in general.
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

Everyone is getting Meditation :).
It will be based on First Aid but it is out of combat :).
Mages are getting a spell I think called Energy Burst which is an in combat energy regen that can be used on others too.

A combat energy regen is just what the doctor ordered for mages. As for meditate, it's an old concept which i don't see being of much use, standard mana regen would classify as their form of meditate. Mmorph's like everquest and other used meditate as their standard in this way. I myself was really hoping for elemental pets for mages, but I would guess that the graphics and mechanics would far exceed what the developers are pushing in the first update. My beast of a Mage will have to just live with another nuke spell I guess :(
Player Name: Jackdiesel Lvl 57 Mage (***HIGHEST LVL ON SERVER***)
Server: Morrigan
Head Guardian for Clan Alliance (Premier Clan of Server)

In all MMOs or just regular RPGs that I have played, health and energy/mana regen is based off of an actual stat.
This stat is usually Vitality for health and Intel, Willpower, or in this game should be Focus.
You do not have to pay for your regen.

I'm have average amounts of both vit and foc. Although I do have more vit and I think it works best this way
130vit
80focus
Does anyone else use a build similar to this?
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D

I had 70 focus with 195 vitality, I had nearly 1300 health, it was amazing haha