Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Perfect mage leveling with elixirs?

Yeah so i started a mage and i plan on chugging a ton of elixirs in order to level up, what skills do you think i should max at lvl 25? I'm an ice mage btw
i'm currently maxing all my ice abilities, the frost bite and the ice blast or whatever it's called. And it isn't working, the cool downs are too long. Should i max fire skills now and switch to ice mage later? if so what skills specifically?
I already have an idea of what mobs i'm going to kill so dw about that.

_____________Defence overpowers offence_____________

Re: Perfect mage leveling with elixirs?

Ice build:
-Ice attunement
-Ice blast
-Ice shards
-Ice lure
-Freeze

Fire build:
-Fire attunement
-Fire bolt
-Fire storm
-Fire lure
-Incinerate

Those are your two best options. You shouldn't bother lixing until around level 50, and until then you should have enough points to start creating a decent build. At level 25, you hardly have enough skill points to go around.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Frostbite isn't worth the points since the damage output is so low compared to other skills.

If you try on freeze, you'll see that the part where you can't attack the enemy goes perfectly well with your ice skill cool down. Otherwise, you'd be stuck there getting hit for a good 5 seconds or so.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Freeze? imo i don't think it's a good skill because after you attack them they unfreeze, but this could help with the cooldowns.
And how about frostbite? i like the skill but i'm a noob so idk much.
I have a better option of dps used by the best dps mage ive seen (he has fire and ice mage both lvl 182 or 184)

Full Dps lvling build - Ice Mage :

ice shards - maxed
ice blast - maxed
ice attune - maxed
ice lure - half of ur max skill pts (if ur max is 10, then 5, at the end it should be 25)
fire bolt - why firebolt in ice mage build? well full dps will have fastest skills, firebolt is great (while using lure at lvl 1), the speed is amazing, the dmg is great, cooldown is so fast, much much better for nuking on small fights (much better than frostbite or inc) - extra pts here

Full Dps lvling build - Fire Mage :

firebolt - maxed
firestorm - maxed
fire attune - maxed
fire lure - halved like ice lure
ice shards - again all the extra pts in here, fastest ice skill, strong with lvl 1 lure, fast casting, extra element just like firebolt on ice build, fast-medium cooldown, medium energy cost

now since lure is halved, u could even max all 4 + half on lure at some point, and then u have another extra skill (which means having 6 skills)
the same mage that offered me this build, had tons of extra pts, with 4 aggy rings (+6 7 8 firestorm and 8 firelure) + full dl + 2 aggy bracelets, he added iceblast, ive seen him doing 2k at least (on bosses) with every maxed skills + 1.5k+ with ice blast not maxed, king's adds are falling like flies against his full dps build

hes more effective due dual logging with ice mage (having fire and ice lures), but it works great alone, mobs die so fast, and if u have enough money to elix from lvl 25, u can afford the energy cost
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Firemage is far more consistent and you will get much more out of your lix. The problem with icemage is the cd and if you miss one hit youre kill is gonna take ages. Go with a simple eshield, fb, fs, attune/lure build as you level and you'll do just fine.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.