Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Energy Shield...

I was testing death caps on eshield a couple days ago:

587 left 1413 protection at 27 shield, 535 focus

352 left 1648 protection at 31, 535 focus, difference of 235 from 4 skill points.

295 left 1705 protection at 31, 785 focus. difference of 57 with 250 extra focus.

278 left 1722 protections at 31, 785 focus, added 300 more ice. diff of 17 from 300 ice

4 skill points gave 235 more protection.
250 more focus gave 57 more protection.
300 ice gave 17 more protection.

When i say left, i mean 2000 - the number of damage it says. If your eshield protects over 2,000, you have to use the mushroom twice, but you only lose one mushroom doing this.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

I was testing death caps on eshield a couple days ago:

587 left 1413 protection at 27 shield, 535 focus

352 left 1648 protection at 31, 535 focus, difference of 235 from 4 skill points.

295 left 1705 protection at 31, 785 focus. difference of 57 with 250 extra focus.

278 left 1722 protections at 31, 785 focus, added 300 more ice. diff of 17 from 300 ice

4 skill points gave 235 more protection.
250 more focus gave 57 more protection.
300 ice gave 17 more protection.

When i say left, i mean 2000 - the number of damage it says. If your eshield protects over 2,000, you have to use the mushroom twice, but you only lose one mushroom doing this.
gj on testing
fire/ice/nature magic dont seem to add a lot of boost, ofc 57 isnt a lot as well but focus at least improves all skills, and the dps ones by much more
that info will be useful for mages
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

my favorite mage builds so far:

Fire:
Max Fire Attunement
Max Fire Bolt
Half of your skill cap in Lure of Fire
Split the rest evenly between firestorm*, energy shield, and Incinerate (or fire cloak if you don't have good lux with energy regen, cloak will allow you to farm gold easier.)

* Maxing firestorm is very heavy on energy consumption and you could get more damage by splitting it with energy shield and, incinerate or cloak of fire for less energy costs.

Ice:
Max Ice Attunement
Max Ice Shard
Half of your skill cap in Lure of Ice
Split the rest evenly between ice blast*, energy shield, and frostbite.

* Maxing Ice blast is very heavy on energy consumption and you could get more damage by splitting it with energy shield and frostbite for less energy costs.

Energy shield is the bread and butter of survival for mage. It great reduces recovery time for health. Going max dps is not recommended for those without a good amount of restoration pots.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

Bumping this to remind people that focus and ice both increase the effect of this skill. It is hidden and only for PVE unless you cast it before you enter PVP mode.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

This needs bumped again because people are posting threads about energy shield again. The answers are in this thread. Good threads get buried by repetitive threads, the same questions are being asked over and over again. I see new threads with people asking about which build is better, etc etc. So many repetitive threads bury the good ones.

I wish people would search for their answers before creating new threads asking the same question someone asked already.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

I have a level 104 fire mage. To have a successful mage you must have a lot of lux. To have a lot of lux u have to make another character and use it to get money to fund your mage. I use energy shield and have lots of lux. I level great. I made a rouge and used him to fund my mage. Riposte makes for easy gold farming. I made my rouge a trader to make most of my money. I love energy shield and would be horrible without it. If you are going to use energy shield you need to max it out and wear a ring so that it doesn't run out before you can cast it again. I have 200 vitality and the rest in focus because I can't find a energy shield ring. Otherwise I would put a lot less on vitality.
IOS player since 2011
Spartan214 Fire Mage of Rosmerta

For Every Idiot There are 5 more idiots

I have a level 104 fire mage. To have a successful mage you must have a lot of lux.I level great.
Just by these 2 lines I realize this guys an idiot. You lvl great yet your 104. Also to be a succesful mage you dont need any lux really. I used 1 energy rejuv with only about 200 sigs and I had no energy problems.
Android Tester :)
Not playing atm!

I am not a idiot and don't appreciate being called one. I don't use sigils. I do level great i don't understand what is so confusing about me leveling good at level 104.
IOS player since 2011
Spartan214 Fire Mage of Rosmerta

For Every Idiot There are 5 more idiots