Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Energy Shield...

imho eshield saved my life loads it ables me to take 2-3 wyrms at a time (eshield is 50/40) i prefer to kil things in 2-4 hits so i use big focus vs small vit but i have the gear to boost my vit to over 400 stat points also helps for kiting a boss very well
Gstings 194 rogue
F1ReBlAzE 188 mage
Supremexxx 180+ druid
Persi 150+ ranger

eshield is one of the best skills for mage. Without eshield, you'll have to sit around waiting for health regen all the time. If you can get a couple kills before eshield breaks, and then recast to start again, you seldom need to worry about health. Fighting 1-2 stars require 2-3 spells to kill. If you're soloing, you should be sticking to the 1-2 stars for best exp per second unless you're using HP regen or combo.

Also, I've learned that eshield will actually apply more protection that what is stated. I tested with a death cap mushroom.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

eshield is one of the best skills for mage. Without eshield, you'll have to sit around waiting for health regen all the time. If you can get a couple kills before eshield breaks, and then recast to start again, you seldom need to worry about health. Fighting 1-2 stars require 2-3 spells to kill. If you're soloing, you should be sticking to the 1-2 stars for best exp per second unless you're using HP regen or combo.

Also, I've learned that eshield will actually apply more protection that what is stated. I tested with a death cap mushroom.
So ice magic ability and focus still affects it?

i can assure you bobert that it doesnt or its a glitch

ice magic ability and focus should be automatically applied to the skill description
it shouldnt give more defense than stated unless youve got some cool little charm or trinket

also what you said makes no sense
youd have to wait for your hp to regen all the time?
using energy shield would make you have to wait for your ENERGY to regen all the time
practically the same thing
Danu:
Deathreaver - level 136 Warrior
Flametongue - level 62 Mage

I confess I haven't personally tested the common assertion that focus and ability no longer effect e-shield but the general consensus is they don't and I've yet to hear anything compelling enough to challenge the notion. I certainly applaud anyone with the dedication to run the required tests, but I do not think an isolated death-cap test is an adequate trial. For one thing damage can be reduced due to a number of factors (armours, resists etc) and so without knowing more it is hard to assess the validity of the findings. Although one might logically expect a mushroom to deal poison damage for example, in practice a different damage type may have been set by the developers, and this is just one variable.
I do agree with the majority however, that regardless of the manner in which it currently operates, e-shield is one of the skills I find essential to my build and play style and am constantly astounded when someone suggests vitality as an operational solution to mage survivabilty.

Btw, deathreaver, waiting for energy to regen is in no way the same thing as waiting on health to regen. Mages are often referred to as energy healers for a reason. Bandage wounds isn't in anything like the same category as energy boost / sacrifice.

The best way to test would be to use death caps without energy shield, and then with energy shield.

My biggest problem with mage is that it has weakest armor and can not touch rogues in dps, while rogues have life steal and higher armor.

The game Guild Wars has a spell that heals elementals based on energy used. I think it would be a good spell for this game. Heal yourself for 10% of energy used.

I dueled a rogue my level, he killed me in 3 seconds and i was wearing pierce 350 resist hat and mix of dl and ancient beast. My energy shield is 900 damage and i have 4600 health. I didnt have enough time to cast fire storm and he evaded my fire bolt.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

magustra thats my point again

bandage wounds and eboost are different
bandage wounds i would say is better because its less time consuming
1 cast and it heals a bunch
eboost takes 1 cast and 45 seconds and it regens a bunch

now lets say 1 eboost (maxed) can regen the exact amount of energy used in an eshield after the 45 secs are over
so youd have to cast eboost once...wait 45 seconds for eshield...cast eboost again...wait some amount of time until your energy used in spells was regenned

now lets say you didnt use eshield, but you just have extra vit and less focus, and you also use bandage wounds and eboost
so youd have to cast eboost once....while the 45 seconds are still going you cast bandage wounds...then when the 45 seconds (or however long it takes for your spell energy to regen) are up your hp should also be back
if your hp still isnt up to full i think you can cast 2 bandage wounds in 45 seconds

that should definitely be enough i think unless youve got a ton of hp
in that case itll take another short wait for bandage again
Danu:
Deathreaver - level 136 Warrior
Flametongue - level 62 Mage