Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Icemage class

Not as good as fire mage, but fun
ice shards, iceblast, ice attune, lure of ice (not maxed)
e.shield/boost if u need, if not frostbite maybe
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

IDK what you guys are talking about. My brother is one of the strongest ice mages in his world and two hit kills enemies during leveling at level 147. Regen isnt a problem with a 1mil dragon staff, sigils, energy boost, heroic ammy. Just full damage gear makes for a very powerful mage.

Here's a reply I gave to a level 70 mage who was asking which mage build is better ice or fire mage, I think it'll help in this discussion...

"I'd say they are equal, it's what you prefer and what gear you have to support each build. If you prefer to kill moderately fast (dps) fire's the way to go, but if you prefer to do heavy damage but not necessarily fast then ice is the way to go. Since you have all the Mage moves your gear is really what matters now; consider having rings that will top out your skills (20+/20 etc... I believe that's what your max is at level 70)...

BTW in a long run a mix build will help you the most... fire for attacks and ice for its shield this way if and when you get to dragon armor the added points to moves wont be pointless...

:lol: but what would I know I'm a druid..."

Just throwing out there what I do as an ice mage and what works for me. Currently I am lvl 111 mage. I went with the principle of instead of being good or average at a few things, I would rather specialize in a few. This requires teamwork and cooperation, which I know sometimes in games such as these are either hard to come by or not easy to find. I have two fire mages with similar builds to mine just the reverse of spell class. Ie: fire rather then Ice.

My stats are Str 5 Dex 5, Focus 405 (500) and Vit 165. The skills I have are Lure of Ice 25/25, Ice Shards 27/25 with my wand, energy shield 15/25, Energy boost 10/25, I rarely use boost but I have it in case I need to boost a tank during a boss fight. Ice Blast is 23/25 with current rings, and Ice attunement is 28/25 with ring.

Depending on what level of enemies I am fighting and the type of enemy my damage varies. When fighting enemies close to my level range Ice shards is well over 2k damage and Ice blast floats around high 1900's to 2200ish.

I don't remember exactly what level my duo partner and I started on coppers (was low 90's I believe or high 80's), but we managed to do just fine with the two of us for the majority of the time. Went all the way to 105 there. Was just a matter of timing energy shield and knowing how to bounce hate back and forth.

Hope this helps, it has worked great for us.