Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Vitality or focus

Ok so I've seen all of Yesteryears posts about lvling ice magic and getting lots of energy. I've also seen Magikas post about having loads of vitality and how that works. But I'm thinking of getting a book of rebirth soon, and I was wondering if anyone has tried both of the builds. If you have can you please post below to let me know which one worked best. Cheers
Wolf
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D

Re: Vitality or focus

My Vitality build only works because I have selectively chosen the right armour for it, currently the only plate armour mages can wear is the pre-update plate set which unfortunately doesn't drop any more meaning each item is worth alot of gold. With a Vitality build on a mage you can't use cloth because you'll take on too much damage from not having armour and some of the items that will bump up your life cost alot of gold also. You will only need abit of focus for my build, Energy Well will add atleast +150 Energy at level 10 and Meditate will ensure your Energy is replenished very fast after battle

- My opinion; its an amazing build if you want to tank everything and solo bosses but it comes at a very costly price when buying the armour and items to max the class build out. Your energy must be tailored to perfection so that you can get the maximum Vitality possible whether this means finding +energy items so that you can drop a couple points from Focus and put it into Vitality yet still have the same total Energy or buying sigils so you know as soon as you're out of a fight your Energy will replenish very fast

The Ice/Focus build is alot better for people who have joined after the update/weren't able to acquire a full plate set because Energy Shield is your armour which in turn makes your Energy your life. Thus meaning the more Energy you have, the more life you have. Energy Shield also governs how much damage is taken out of Energy instead of life; the higher the level, the more armour you have! This also enables you to just use cloth level armour because your Energy Shield soaks up the damage, having cloth also allows you to have more energy because of the low weight and since Energy = Life when using Energy Shield the more Focus and Energy you can get the better! Since you wont need Vitality because your life comes out of Energy you can put the majority of your stat points in Focus, giving you more life and a bigger pool of Energy.. It all pretty much works together to make Ice Mages very versatile.

- My opinion; Great for new comers and definitely the easiest and most forgiving build, bare in mind Mages cannot wear plate now and after many updates my Vitality build will become obsolete due to higher level monsters and mages not having a heavy armour.

Conclusion is the Vitality build is amazing for people who want to put the time and effort in to get the right items and tailor their stats so they are perfect and again the items used to create this build come at a very costly price. The Energy build is alot more forgiving and easier to use since all you have to do is max the Ice skills because they all work towards and work with each other to maximize the effectiveness of the Energy build and get as much Focus and Energy as possible, also because you don't need heavy armour you can use mere cloth and still do well with the Energy Build.

Hope this sort of clears things up about working on the two builds :)
IGN: Magika
World: Morrigan
Class: Mage (Level 53)
Clan: Chieftain of the 40+ clan Alliance

- Message me in game for help, need high level items or are interested in joining Alliance.

I couldn't of said it better myself :).
He has an excellent Tank Mage build where I, chose to stick with the Tailored Silk set until the update.
The main thing to remember with my build is, to get the full effect of Energy Shield, you must max it or, you may find, you are draining more energy than it's worth.
The more you put into this skill, the less energy will be drained.
IGN: Nito (Mage)
IGN: Nitio (Druid)
World: Mabon
Clan: Rebels

Ok thanks for the posts. Well I have an embossed plate breastplate, hammered plate boots, embossed plate greaves and plate helm. I'm also trying to buy a banded kiteshield of one of my clan members. Do you think this would be enough to be a vitality Mage?
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue

That should suffice for now, what I recommend you do reset your stats then max energy well, then add focus 5 points at a time until you have what you consider a decent amount of energy, then dump the rest in vitality. You may want to invest in some energy sigils just to bring your energy regen upto speed too. If you need any more help feel free to message me at any time!
IGN: Magika
World: Morrigan
Class: Mage (Level 53)
Clan: Chieftain of the 40+ clan Alliance

- Message me in game for help, need high level items or are interested in joining Alliance.

Hey Magika, when I do get the books do you have any advice for spending my skill points. I know I should max energy well, firebolt and bandage wounds. But what about the others?
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue

if you like cloak of fire and fireball, i would recommend maxing "lure or fire" as well. I was hitting 500+ fireballs on tombguards today after i reset my skills and maxed lure and fireball. the lure also makes the baddies more susceptible to the cloak. It doesn't do a thing against the fire mobs though, unfortunately...

OMG this build is bloody awesome. If you can get your hands on pre-update plate the use this build. I killed the elder priest of donn in the avatar room, solo in less than 10 seconds! I killed a daggerwraith in five shots!
This build is epic.
I went with 5 str
5 dex
55 focus (I figured I'd need a bit for future mobs)
And a beast 230 vitality- this gives me 1.4k health.
Thankyou Magika for posting about this build in the first place!!!!!! I love it!
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue