Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: People dont use cloack of fire but its pretty good tho

lmao i already tanked myself in a boss and it does 600dmg per hit and they hit really fast
Depends on what boss you are talking about. A maxed cloak and maxed fire lure might hit around 600 on met/warden bosses, maaaaybe some frozen. But I doubt you'd see 600 dmg hits on edl, and maybe not on dl either, let alone raid bosses.
but this resist fault, so the bosses with higher resists will do like 300 or 400 dmg, this is even better on edl bosses cause u see tanks more often and those bosses has bigger evasion and cloack of fire cant be evaded
some edls like 195 do 600 dmg cause dont have big fire resist
Exactly.

Just curious, but what level is your cloak of fire, and what does the stat page say that the damage for the skill is? If it's regularly hitting 600 on dl or edl bosses, it's gotta be at least a thousand or more...which is actually quite strong.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Depends on what boss you are talking about. A maxed cloak and maxed fire lure might hit around 600 on met/warden bosses, maaaaybe some frozen. But I doubt you'd see 600 dmg hits on edl, and maybe not on dl either, let alone raid bosses.
but this resist fault, so the bosses with higher resists will do like 300 or 400 dmg, this is even better on edl bosses cause u see tanks more often and those bosses has bigger evasion and cloack of fire cant be evaded
Exactly.

Just curious, but what level is your cloak of fire, and what does the stat page say that the damage for the skill is? If it's regularly hitting 600 on dl or edl bosses, it's gotta be at least a thousand or more...which is actually quite strong.
lvl 50 do 700 dmg, idk if u know but there is a damage randomizer that when has no resist, random by 50% dmg to 100% so the worst damage this can do is 350, the 75% is 525 and 100% 700 of course, i use phoenix and maxed fire lure too so resists arent problem for me, mages and eyes bosses have big resists so normally the dmg gets around 300, the 195 boss and the doggy a simple fire lure can easily take down all their resists so do around 525 dmg, remeber to pay attention on how fast they attack and u will understand why this op

Exactly.

lvl 50 do 700 dmg, idk if u know but there is a damage randomizer that when has no resist, random by 50% dmg to 100% so the worst damage this can do is 350, the 75% is 525 and 100% 700 of course, i use phoenix and maxed fire lure too so resists arent problem for me, mages and eyes bosses have big resists so normally the dmg gets around 300, the 195 boss and the doggy a simple fire lure can easily take down all their resists so do around 525 dmg, remeber to pay attention on how fast they attack and u will understand why this op
Well in my experience with most bosses, lures rarely make enough of a difference to completely negate resistances altogether lol (based on looking at my fire bolt and firestorm hits), though I suppose factoring insanely high focus and a maxed Phoenix into a fight, many players probably get quite a bit farther than my mage can).

However, that's good to know that a maxed cloak does 700 damage - thanks!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Lel I should have been more specific I guess, I meant an EG boss...
Either way, incinerate or a support lure like pierce or slash or magic would yield way more damage towards kill than cloak... it’s just not useful relative to the other options a mage has.
It’s all opportunity cost, nothing more...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Lel I should have been more specific I guess, I meant an EG boss...
Either way, incinerate or a support lure like pierce or slash or magic would yield way more damage towards kill than cloak... it’s just not useful relative to the other options a mage has.
It’s all opportunity cost, nothing more...

If you consider it a team effort, realistically, there can only be one incinerate active at all times anyways. No need for all mages to use cloak. No need for all mages to use incinerate either. Normally you pick the strongest mage for either two. Now if other servers are anything like me there should be enough fire mages to achieve that goal. (We have too many, please steal them away)
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo