Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Answer please!

Ah, we have a new Mage on our hands!

I'm assuming you will be playing without spending much real money on the game, so you will need to play a little more carefully and try to save gold when possible. If you are willing to spend some money on the game, the bottom part will be helpful.

Skills
For skills, I'd suggest starting out with maxing Fire Bolt and Ice Shards. Energy Boost is another good skill to consider putting points in - as a mage, you need energy to deal damage, and regenerating it in combat is always nice. Energy Shield is also helpful, as that basically allows you to take less damage to your health bar, which can be a pain to heal up without premium consumables.
Lure of Fire is good, as that lets your fire skills do more damage. I would also recommend keeping an eye out for players who might be selling Fire Attunement and Firestorm, two other really good fire damage boosting skill.

Fire skills have faster cooldowns, but lower damage, whereas Ice skills are the opposite - long cooldowns, but high damage. Neither one is significantly better than the other, it mostly depends on what you may be killing, and what gear you can find. Overall, they both tend to even out in damage over extended periods of time.
That being said, I've always personally preferred Fire over Ice. I like the faster cooldowns, which mean that if you miss a skill, it's not as bad. With Ice, if you miss a skill, you usually need to sit there and take the damage until the cooldown is done - then hope you don't miss again.

Stats
Strength and Dexterity won't be much help to you, Focus is your primary stat, but you want enough Vitality to not die instantly. I usually go with a 3 Focus and 2 Vitality when I level, until I reach the point where I'm not dying too quickly from mobs. - then I usually go either all focus, or 4 focus 1 vit.

Pets/Mounts
Elk is a good mount to get, and Hares are a good pet - they give you a small heal skill which will be quite helpful.

Gear
Focus on getting skill rings. Since skills are your primary source of damage, you will want as many skill points as possible. A regeneration amulet would be a nice item to have as well. Aside from that, just get whatever gear you find. For armor, the questline gear usually lasted me decently well, though you may want something to cover the gap from 40-80 or so, until you can get full Warden armor (Loremantle gear) at 85 (though you start unlocking individual pieces at 60, 1 piece per 5 levels). You don't need to worry about weapons very much - if you can find a wand that gives you a stat or skill boost, awesome. Don't really worry about an offhand until a bit later, the low level ones aren't usually worth the gold for the speed at which most players tend to go through the early game.

Buying Platinum
If you decide you want to spend some money on the game, probably the best items to buy with your platinum are event chests (currently the latest ones are Everbloom Mystery Chests). Those cost 50 platinum each, and usually tend to go anywhere between 35-55k depending on the server and how desperate people are to buy them. It may be tempting to use them, but I would highly recommend simply reselling them to other players. The tiny chance of getting something good isn't really worth the risk - it's safer to just get the solid gold amount and use that to buy better gear or needed items. That being said, that's just my opinion - if you want to use the chests and see what you get, feel free to! It's all a game after all.
If you are open to buying plat periodically, and are careful with what you buy and sell, the game will get a bit easier and slightly less grindy. You will be able to afford in-game gear with less farming for gold, which will in turn make your progress take less time. You also have the option of getting Sigils (which automatically regen your health or energy when you are out of combat) which are vital at later gameplay for casters like Mages and Druids.

I hope some of this helps you out! One big thing to keep in mind is that there really isn't a "set" way to play a character. Yes, there are some ways that are slightly better, but that depends a lot on you personally, and how you want to play. Just because something works for me, doesn't mean it will automatically work for you. Don't try to follow a set guide to the letter - just play the game, enjoy it, and adjust your character based on how you want to play. You can trade Bounty Tokens (or purchase) Books of Alt and Rebirth that reset your skill points and stats (respectively), so if you decide you want to change your skills - you always have the option.

I hope you enjoy your time in the land of Dal Riata! Mages are an awesome class.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I mean, I want to level up the hero myself. That is, that no one helped me. To kill monsters on your own. Want to raise the level of the character to 90lvl though. But we'll see what's next. I have 400,000 gold.
What build can you think of?(skill and equipment what will be )?
And Yes. Ordinary attacks ( auto attack ) I miss (miss). Often used skills I do not have enough energy very much.
And I have Warrior 1lvl. Another Warrior I deleted because I did not know that you can reset Stats

I mean, I want to level up the hero myself. That is, that no one helped me. To kill monsters on your own. Want to raise the level of the character to 90lvl though. But we'll see what's next. I have 400,000 gold.
What build can you think of?(skill and equipment what will be )?
And Yes. Ordinary attacks ( auto attack ) I miss (miss). Often used skills I do not have enough energy very much.
And I have Warrior 1lvl. Another Warrior I deleted because I did not know that you can reset Stats
Leveling solo usually works pretty well, though it does get easier if you have someone grouped with you. You get less exp and gold, but you should be killing mobs a lot faster, which usually means more exp and gold over a set amount of time.

As for skills or equipment - this post has a lot of thought out answers that should answer some of those questions...
In summary however, you probably want a hybrid fire/ice build to start - Fire Bolt and Ice Shards, possibly energy shield and energy boost as other options. Because you have so much gold, you should try to buy Firestorm and Fire attunement. Once you have both of those, get a book of alt and change your skills to Lure of Fire (doesn't necessarily need to be maxed), Fire Bolt, Firestorm, and Fire Attunement.

As a mage, don't worry about auto attacks. Make sure you have a lot of energy, so that you can use skills....anytime you level up, I'd recommend put 3 points in focus and 2 in vitality. Spend some gold on energy regeneration gear - there is a 20 energy regen amulet for 100k in the luxury store in Shalemont that would be really helpful for you. Also try to find skill point rings (+3 Fire Bolt, +4 Ice Shards, whatever). More skill points means more damage.

Keep in mind that you can always buy a book of alteration or book of rebirth if you want to reset your skill or stat points.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

also a master grimoire works wonders at low level 50+ and a dark grimoire of flame at 110, both give 100 focus each so thats extra 200 focus for energy and to boost your skill attacks
The man.. The myth...The Legend!
Legolas123
From the legendary server
Nuada
The Best clan in Tavern
Grace

I am a plat buyer, if you need something mail me in game

Valar Morghulis