Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ice Mage 180+

This kid doesnt even play, all he does is forum trolls lol, You dont even have a 180 character...
Oh funny another person who comes out and says he doesn't care about anyone's opinion if they are not lvl 180. Lol noob at life.
It is because you have no authority on the topic..... Your not 180 so you cant suggest or say anything about 180 set ups...
The game is the game. The level changes but the equations stay the same.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

my god its finally happened, even the mages are fed up with him now that they all know they are an amazing class
Amazing? Erm...
the only way mages have issues is if they try to solo, and no class can efficiently solo

Solo is the only reliable way to play the game. Especially if your a mage because all other classes can duo and don't need you, they need a druid.

Duo-ing a mage and a druid is like trying to iron a shirt with a hot hammer lol.
Last edited by mdimarco on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

i dont count use of pots or extra lix as soloing
Sorry, I was using them as an example when leveling but they are using an xp elixer so using additional elixers such as hastes and regen would improve the performance. The bottom line however is that without any plat involved, a Mage is still the worst at soloing. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'll admit that I haven't played other classes to their fullest potential.
warriors cant, they have no way to replenish health, mages cant replenish health, druids cant replenish energy, rangers can but the class sucks atm, rogues cant keep up with damage from mobs, lifesteal saves us from maybe one mob skill hit
If rogues can't keep up with damage how can mages? Mages have half rogue armor lol.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

This cool thing call e shield. And did you not listen? I said mages do need a survivability boost and other classes need a role boost
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Solo is the only reliable way to play the game. Especially if your a mage because all other classes can duo and don't need you, they need a druid.

Duo-ing a mage and a druid is like trying to iron a shirt with a hot hammer lol.
[/quote]

Since when Soloing is the only reliable way for mages?
Also, what's wrong with casters duo? I done that many times and don't see a problem?
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Soloing is not the only way for Mages but I think we can all agree that the only things left in this game are killing bosses, grinding (Using a lix is grinding now...), and just passing through killing stuff on your own. Bosses are not always up and friends are not always on to duo. You can't always bother your friends to do stuff anyways. If you happen to log on to have some fun away from real life at times like that, it won't be any fun and you'll just sit there doing nothing and eventually log off to find something else to do. And yes, time on Ch is becoming more and more like this...

I was wondering if any 180+ mages used the old ice mage build with ice blast, ice attune, ice shards being maxed and if it is as dominating as it was preupdate? Having 5 extra skill points I have seen from past experiences does make a difference and am definitely curious if that can be a long term way of living as a mage, thank you.
Im ice mage with ice blast, ice shards and ice attune maxed and i was leveling solo most of the time with only knowledge elixir. After the update i was leveling solo from 152 to 158 without elixir in two weeks. Then i started using knowledge elixir until 175 (also in two weeks). That was when i found out hard to leveling solo with only knowledge elixir. With knowledge elixir i was able to kill up to 3 stars firbolg without resto (i have eshield and sigil), but i had to use 2 or 3 resto to kill Chosen Firbolg 4 stars (i hate to use resto. I always trying to avoid using resto on all my chars except for bosses). Roughly on average, from 158 to 170 i used like 7 to 9 knowledge. Then 10 to 14 knowledge elixirs till 175. And starting level 175 to 180, i have to deal with so many Chosen Firbolg and sometimes the Troll. So it forced me to use combo or knowledge with a druid until 178 and stop (running out of elixir :D). Waiting for double plat to leveling again (and with combo).
Its so easy with combo elixir to leveling solo. After killed a Chosen 4 stars with combo, i still have 1/2 to 3/4 health left (again... i have eshield 30/35).
FYI... i don't have any aggy's item on me (our clan only killed aggy two times, we got one brace for mage but with fire ability), my gears are only several lux (essence blade, shield of bastion, focus of seer level 100 - sometimes i changed my offhand several times in a fight), wyrm brace, Covax and King Vorum's charm and combination of rings for skills as needed. My armor are Ancient Beastbone plus Crown level 150. If u planning to stay alive don't think to score for the largest damages, we have the weakest armor in game, we need to survive. No point to play if u could not leveling solo and die quickly every time. Mage (and every class) should be able to leveling solo (dual log with ur druid doesn't count) regardless of what u think that mage (and every class) was nerf on this update.

sterk 178 mage
Hey, how many sigs you using at that level? Is that amount plenty or you looking to get more? Just trying to get an estimate for the difference between the number needed in the 160s and 170s.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Hey, how many sigs you using at that level? Is that amount plenty or you looking to get more? Just trying to get an estimate for the difference between the number needed in the 160s and 170s.
Hey,
From lvl 140 to 178 was 800/600 for health/energy. I Bought another 200 energy sig during the double plat. And with sigils from the ancient chests which i lost count, probably i have more or less 1000/1000.

sterk 182 mage gwydion

So im a level 185 mage,
Ice... I have tied quite a few different things with the focus to vit stats. Ive even got my autos to stay around 1k. The best build i feel is a midway vit and focus build. this only works with LOTS of sigils. I currently have without combo about 5600 health. 6200 energy. I can solo pretty much anything now including most bosses. the trick is to have a freeze build. Look it up. Again it requires alot of sigils... i have approx 2500 energy and 2000 health. But my blast hits on average about 500 less damage and shards 500 less damage but with the added health you can take on pretty much multiple hits from almost anything. I have tried a full focus build before and like i said i dont feel that the waste of pots and idols to stay alive is worth it.50 blast 50 shards freeze190 40lure 45 flake
ESCI!!!!!!!!!!! (The real one)
Trystin BAMF OF DANU
221 Tanky A$$ ROGUE