Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ice Mage 180+

Wow I am honestly amazed at the screen shots you took and how high the damage of your skills are, and your e boost is very impressive I love it! Thank you so much Vraelan and sterk for the information. Oddly enough I found myself thinking about trying out the ice mage dps set when I was at work lol :lol: but from what you have here it seems easily enough said that this will for sure workout well at 180... Once I get there Friday or Saturday hahaha!
182 Mage on mabon #1 on the world ya!, the former 141 rogue of BlackEmperor

I'm probably one of the last Mages that uses a full icemage build and with zero energy sigils. I have a crazy build though at level 181 with full dragonlord. It's incredibly difficult and a bit lower in dps than the firemage build but it's definetly possible.
Thats some insane damage :o im a fire mage that gets majority of dragonlord bosses with bolts with easy 4k's and storm 2k's (not lvled much) damage comes from fire attuntance. And thats some good damage you got there :)
Sparktacus lvl 183 Mage Gwydion
SparkHeal lvl 88 druid Gwydion
Sparktacuz lvl 82 ranger Gwydion

^^Lol, thanks. Interesting though, I'm starting to lose the kill to a Ranger. 0.0 I think Ranger Dragonlorf actually makes a very strong comeback if he is able to out dps me without a haste lix. I feel like defense was fixed or there was another sneaky nerf for evasions...

Ice blast have been nerfed like hell, the boost didn't really do anything (They boost it by 25% AFTER they nerfed it by 45%).

Ice mage is really hard, but freeze might help a bit (Shard freeze lure wait :p), MIGHT (evades).
um no they boosted it by 13% after they nerfed it 54%. OTM doesn't know math.

ya they seem to want you to freeze with an ice build.

Absolutely horrid. Whoever nerfed ice needs to be fired. Ice sucks now.
Thank you for absolutely no information regarding being a 180 ice mage regardless of the "numbers" and nerf calculations, having an extra 10 skill points and prob tons more focus than either of you does indeed make a difference.

Sterk, thank you for taking the time to answer my question properly, I liked ice mage setup a lot before and dualed with a druid for about a bar per lix :D but that was before nerf lol. But yeh I have been able to solo lately but I on and off, but lately, have been duoing with my brother which has achieved us several lvls in a week, I run a fire build and have 2.7k health at this point and run a low 300 hp base e shield for support which helps me solo with 1k pots. But the troubles is now that I am 177, I can't solo wyrms cause they use 60 pots hahaha per lix and I'm fresh out. But I will take you up on the ice mage deal, but prob at 180 since you have a lot of success with it.
This isn't your forum, so we will make the contributions that we feel are necessary. And if you don't care about the numbers I posted, you obviously have no interest in being an ice mage. You my friend have shown you don't care about the facts. If you think focus makes a big difference, I can show you proof otherwise, but you would probably whine and say you don't care about facts. for everyone else, here are focus equations. http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki/p ... ayer.Focus
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Hi Sterk -

I wanted to add...with my build, casting order and timing are the keys to success.

I pull the mob with fire bolt, then follow that up with fire lure, ice lure, fire bolt, ice shards, ice blast, fire bolt. This order is based on the refresh times of the skills and allows you to cast without pause. In the case of evades, stick to the pattern. If the mob is still alive after this cycle, just cast as skills refresh.
why not start with lure instead of bolt?
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

I'm probably one of the last Mages that uses a full icemage build and with zero energy sigils. I have a crazy build though at level 181 with full dragonlord. It's incredibly difficult and a bit lower in dps than the firemage build but it's definetly possible.
mk ya possible... with +42 skills. rofl
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

Wow I am honestly amazed at the screen shots you took and how high the damage of your skills are, and your e boost is very impressive I love it! Thank you so much Vraelan and sterk for the information. Oddly enough I found myself thinking about trying out the ice mage dps set when I was at work lol :lol: but from what you have here it seems easily enough said that this will for sure workout well at 180... Once I get there Friday or Saturday hahaha!
ok ya you and every other mage that has +42 ice skills it may work decently for. For everyone else...ice is dead. And that e-boost at lvl 50 is not impressive, it is downright pathetic.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

mdimarco I'm sorry youfeel so badly about these great ice mages, I apologize for the fact that you can't stumble upon the right gear or rings to have such a high skill points but it seems as if you are a bit jealous. Ice mage from what it looks like is live and dangerous as far as I'm concerned. Test it out once you start lvling again... If you ever do, I'm close to 180 and I am for sure gonna try it once or twice in my time. And to think that you probably know more than me about mages is absurd, there's a reason why I am nearly 180, 178 at the moment, and you apparently are lvl 141 or something idk? Besides focus as you pointed out, there is still lvl difference between mobs that calculates into higher hits, the lure lvl you use, whether your ice ability is maxed, the number of skill points in the skills you use, and focus. But keep saying I'm wrong... Regardless was simply asking knowledgable highly mages for their input into being an ice mage, keep your cute numbers to yourself, and I dont see the problem with 50 e boost, not sure why you would either.
182 Mage on mabon #1 on the world ya!, the former 141 rogue of BlackEmperor