Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What to max next? Cloak of Fire? Firestorm? Shards?

Fairly new to this fire mage thing at lvl 70. Been doing pretty well, but I’m always looking to improve. :) Just recently acquired firestorm, and I’m wondering what the opinions are on the best places to spend points.

I have maxed fire bolt and attune, obviously, and lure is half maxed. What’s the next best thing? Cloak? Firestorm? Ice Shards? I’ve seen conflicting information and was hoping for some input. Thanks!

Re: What to max next? Cloak of Fire? Firestorm? Shards?

Fairly new to this fire mage thing at lvl 70. Been doing pretty well, but I’m always looking to improve. :) Just recently acquired firestorm, and I’m wondering what the opinions are on the best places to spend points.

I have maxed fire bolt and attune, obviously, and lure is half maxed. What’s the next best thing? Cloak? Firestorm? Ice Shards? I’ve seen conflicting information and was hoping for some input. Thanks!
Fire attunement boosts the damage of both fire bolt and firestorm, so putting points in firestorm over the others would probably be the most effective (especially considering the lure). Ice Shards is a decent side option for a fire mage if you have some spare points. Cloak of Fire is a bit weak in my personal opinion. Other decent options are Energy Shield (keeps you alive a bit longer) and energy boost if you find yourself needing energy often.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: What to max next? Cloak of Fire? Firestorm? Shards?

What eragon said. I also have a guide on this subforum that generally walks through how a fire mage should spend their skill points as they level up.
My usual advice though is to max bolt and attune as you’ve done, then to max fire storm and split points between lure and eshield.
General rule of thumb is that unless you are facing off against a mob that looks to be obviously strong against your element (fire trolls in OW for example) or a Boss (which really isn’t relevant until you reach end game) a lure half maxed is usually perfect. (For example, if level 120-149 a maxed lure is 30/30, so a level 15 lure is all you need).
Energy boost is another skill that can be handy, and if you’re not having issues dying swapping some or all of the points from energy shield to energy boost could prove to be helpful.

Hope this helps!!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at