Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ice Mage 180+

I was wondering if any 180+ mages used the old ice mage build with ice blast, ice attune, ice shards being maxed and if it is as dominating as it was preupdate? Having 5 extra skill points I have seen from past experiences does make a difference and am definitely curious if that can be a long term way of living as a mage, thank you.
182 Mage on mabon #1 on the world ya!, the former 141 rogue of BlackEmperor

Re: Ice Mage 180+

Ice blast have been nerfed like hell, the boost didn't really do anything (They boost it by 25% AFTER they nerfed it by 45%).

Ice mage is really hard, but freeze might help a bit (Shard freeze lure wait :p), MIGHT (evades).

um no they boosted it by 13% after they nerfed it 54%. OTM doesn't know math.

ya they seem to want you to freeze with an ice build.

Absolutely horrid. Whoever nerfed ice needs to be fired. Ice sucks now.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

I was wondering if any 180+ mages used the old ice mage build with ice blast, ice attune, ice shards being maxed and if it is as dominating as it was preupdate? Having 5 extra skill points I have seen from past experiences does make a difference and am definitely curious if that can be a long term way of living as a mage, thank you.
Im ice mage with ice blast, ice shards and ice attune maxed and i was leveling solo most of the time with only knowledge elixir. After the update i was leveling solo from 152 to 158 without elixir in two weeks. Then i started using knowledge elixir until 175 (also in two weeks). That was when i found out hard to leveling solo with only knowledge elixir. With knowledge elixir i was able to kill up to 3 stars firbolg without resto (i have eshield and sigil), but i had to use 2 or 3 resto to kill Chosen Firbolg 4 stars (i hate to use resto. I always trying to avoid using resto on all my chars except for bosses). Roughly on average, from 158 to 170 i used like 7 to 9 knowledge. Then 10 to 14 knowledge elixirs till 175. And starting level 175 to 180, i have to deal with so many Chosen Firbolg and sometimes the Troll. So it forced me to use combo or knowledge with a druid until 178 and stop (running out of elixir :D). Waiting for double plat to leveling again (and with combo).
Its so easy with combo elixir to leveling solo. After killed a Chosen 4 stars with combo, i still have 1/2 to 3/4 health left (again... i have eshield 30/35).
FYI... i don't have any aggy's item on me (our clan only killed aggy two times, we got one brace for mage but with fire ability), my gears are only several lux (essence blade, shield of bastion, focus of seer level 100 - sometimes i changed my offhand several times in a fight), wyrm brace, Covax and King Vorum's charm and combination of rings for skills as needed. My armor are Ancient Beastbone plus Crown level 150. If u planning to stay alive don't think to score for the largest damages, we have the weakest armor in game, we need to survive. No point to play if u could not leveling solo and die quickly every time. Mage (and every class) should be able to leveling solo (dual log with ur druid doesn't count) regardless of what u think that mage (and every class) was nerf on this update.

sterk 178 mage

Ice blast have been nerfed like hell, the boost didn't really do anything (They boost it by 25% AFTER they nerfed it by 45%).

Ice mage is really hard, but freeze might help a bit (Shard freeze lure wait :p), MIGHT (evades).
um no they boosted it by 13% after they nerfed it 54%. OTM doesn't know math.

ya they seem to want you to freeze with an ice build.

Absolutely horrid. Whoever nerfed ice needs to be fired. Ice sucks now.
Thank you for absolutely no information regarding being a 180 ice mage regardless of the "numbers" and nerf calculations, having an extra 10 skill points and prob tons more focus than either of you does indeed make a difference.

Sterk, thank you for taking the time to answer my question properly, I liked ice mage setup a lot before and dualed with a druid for about a bar per lix :D but that was before nerf lol. But yeh I have been able to solo lately but I on and off, but lately, have been duoing with my brother which has achieved us several lvls in a week, I run a fire build and have 2.7k health at this point and run a low 300 hp base e shield for support which helps me solo with 1k pots. But the troubles is now that I am 177, I can't solo wyrms cause they use 60 pots hahaha per lix and I'm fresh out. But I will take you up on the ice mage deal, but prob at 180 since you have a lot of success with it.
182 Mage on mabon #1 on the world ya!, the former 141 rogue of BlackEmperor

I am not sure that I would consider myself an Ice Mage, but for soloing I currently use max fire bolt, max ice shards, max ice blast, max eshield, 15 fire lure, 15 ice lure.

This seems to work well for me at the moment. One and two star mobs are a straight up easy fight. Three and four star mobs are pretty easy with a little timing so you can double shield.
World: Belenus
Mage: Aengus 224 (retired)
Warrior: ???? 56

I am not sure that I would consider myself an Ice Mage, but for soloing I currently use max fire bolt, max ice shards, max ice blast, max eshield, 15 fire lure, 15 ice lure.

This seems to work well for me at the moment. One and two star mobs are a straight up easy fight. Three and four star mobs are pretty easy with a little timing so you can double shield.
Hi Aengus... I do the same way. Apologize to Blackemperor for not including complete information about it. I put 30 points on firebolt and some points on fire lure too. In my first post i just answered the question for the mage with ice shards, ice blast and ice att being maxed. But i only have 30/35 on eshield. Im working now on Troll. I havent been able to kill the 170 Troll till now. I could kill the Troll up to 180 but i need a druid to cast me Ward of Giant (skill 25/25 is enough). I was able to kill it without having the druid to heal me after he/she cast me ward of giant. But there was time when i managed to kill it without Ward of Giant, when i was using two Bracelets of Shrouding. The chance of his Furious and Crushing weapon skill being evaded by me was 70% more or less. I had it refunded because i need the slots to put vit brace now. I need vit more than evasion skills. I could get the evasion skills points from the armor. Im still need alot of alt and rebirth books for this Troll.

sterk 178 mage

Hi Sterk -

I wanted to add...with my build, casting order and timing are the keys to success.

I pull the mob with fire bolt, then follow that up with fire lure, ice lure, fire bolt, ice shards, ice blast, fire bolt. This order is based on the refresh times of the skills and allows you to cast without pause. In the case of evades, stick to the pattern. If the mob is still alive after this cycle, just cast as skills refresh.
World: Belenus
Mage: Aengus 224 (retired)
Warrior: ???? 56

Hi Sterk -

I wanted to add...with my build, casting order and timing are the keys to success.

I pull the mob with fire bolt, then follow that up with fire lure, ice lure, fire bolt, ice shards, ice blast, fire bolt. This order is based on the refresh times of the skills and allows you to cast without pause. In the case of evades, stick to the pattern. If the mob is still alive after this cycle, just cast as skills refresh.
Yup +1. The only different with mine, i was always cast ice lure first bfore fire lure. But bfore the lures were ice att along with eshield. The rest were the same.

Nerfing the mage was just another way to make it even better for me to play it than before. IMO. I've never got bore on mage.

sterk 178 mage

I'm probably one of the last Mages that uses a full icemage build and with zero energy sigils. I have a crazy build though at level 181 with full dragonlord. It's incredibly difficult and a bit lower in dps than the firemage build but it's definetly possible.