Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dps druid

On chaos bosses it's totem druids. Majority of chaos kills have been totem builds plus boss resists as high af which is why adding divine damage is far more beneficial then some more resisted skill dmg
You're still not comparing apples to apples. I'm the only dps druid that has gone against Avalon dps in its prime. Perhaps there are comparable clans elsewhere, I don't know. Regardless, you can't compare a caster druid losing to ten other DG toons against some totem druid who's fighting a bunch of ELD clannies.

I've personally found—using comparable gear to that mentioned here—that totem is lower power in most situations. But, we'll never know for sure until we get a bunch of druids side-by-side in a beta.
U do realise totem druids still use skills right. All they lose out on is 2 braces (1 if u wanna hotswap) in which druid braces are bad anyway. And they miss out on 3 ring slots as they will hotswap one ring for every skill.
Hi

The only totem druid kills that have been posted on forums are when a druid beating edl rangers and rogues with average gear and other factors like rage or group wiping etc. it isnt in any way a viable comparison to a dg/edl/occult caster druid losing to a top end dg ranger or rogue. Seap these instances and it would be the exact same. The edl totem druid loses to the top end dg rogue/ranger and the caster beats the average edl rogue or ranger.

Basing your whole argument on this shows many flaws. Even in beta having 1 caster vs 1 totem druid is highly impracticle because the casters entire dps is based upon bees and vines which the totem druid can overcast. The only way to settle it would be for otm to add a damage table at the end of the kill to compare total damage dealt on seeparate raids.

I also think @corrupt underestimates the true damage of bees and how much damage is lost by every dps skill through sacrificing all the nature ability, direct damage and focus that a caster druid has. A totem druid will have sub par attack compared to those dg rogues and rangers and sub par skill damage compared to mages and caster druids. Quite underwealming if you ask me
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

U do realise totem druids still use skills right. All they lose out on is 2 braces (1 if u wanna hotswap) in which druid braces are bad anyway. And they miss out on 3 ring slots as they will hotswap one ring for every skill.
I do realize it. Those two braces could potentially equal 1200 NM, 200 focus, 200 vitality, and 40 skill points. You’re trading decent totem damage for a huge decrease in every skill, healing as well as dps. I think that’s a bad trade.
Morrigan: Avalon (R.I.P.)
AwsomeO: 227 Druid
Hyperbole: 200 Rogue

I do realize it. Those two braces could potentially equal 1200 NM, 200 focus, 200 vitality, and 40 skill points. You’re trading decent totem damage for a huge decrease in every skill, healing as well as dps. I think that’s a bad trade.
I said u could hotswap so half it.
Hi

You need to hotswap rings, and doing two pieces of gear for each skill isn’t practical. The only time I ever hotswap two things is with an aggy ring and one of the old +10 skull charms for wards and calm. I use those seldom enough that the extra beat doesn’t really matter. If you do it with your main dps or healing skills you end up slowing down enough (especially if you’re using a hrung skull) that it’s not worth it.

You need to hotswap rings, and doing two pieces of gear for each skill isn’t practical. The only time I ever hotswap two things is with an aggy ring and one of the old +10 skull charms for wards and calm. I use those seldom enough that the extra beat doesn’t really matter. If you do it with your main dps or healing skills you end up slowing down enough (especially if you’re using a hrung skull) that it’s not worth it.
Iv agreed with you up to this point. Gonna have to say that doing 2 swaps for a kill can actually be very beneficial
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Iv agreed with you up to this point. Gonna have to say that doing 2 swaps for a kill can actually be very beneficial
ill run some numbers later. Do you have any updated formulas/plateu graphs?
Hi

Are you talking about swapping gear for a particular boss, or every time you use a skill?

Are you talking about swapping gear for a particular boss, or every time you use a skill?
He's taking about a skill. All it takes is practice unless u are really malco
Hi

I never found a setup that worked well and wasn't a pain in the ass to play. Plus, if you screw up one gear change you've blown any slight advantage.