Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dps druid

So im trying build a pure dps druid but dont k where to start or even if its worth it. Was just wondering about what skills i should prioritize. And stats i should have and also maybe gear
Assuming ur lvl 220 and in a raid clan.totem build druids are far more effective then caster druids right now due to high resists from bosses (so you have to utilise divine damage).

Rings: 2 totem rings, reaper and divine ring (or 3 totem if reaper hard to obtained). Hotswap a lightning gele ring, vines ring, bees ring, storm touch gele ring
Braces: prot attack braces (preferably str vit)
Misc: storm touch recast misc
Ammy: agrestenal ammy (from 210 smolach)
Mainhand: Edl totem and hotswap gelebron totem for skill casts
Offhand: edl offhand
Armour: DG with secrets helm (hotswap helms for lightning strike). EDL set with attack helm also good

Skills: Lightning strike, storm touch, bees, vines, dbl attack, rest bark

This is for chaos bosses only
Hi

Assuming ur lvl 220 and in a raid clan.totem build druids are far more effective then caster druids right now due to high resists from bosses (so you have to utilise divine damage).
This is more than overstating things. At best, a good melee build CAN beat a good caster druid. The truth is that nobody has done enough test to say for sure which is better most often.
Morrigan: Avalon (R.I.P.)
AwsomeO: 227 Druid
Hyperbole: 200 Rogue

This is more than overstating things. At best, a good melee build CAN beat a good caster druid. The truth is that nobody has done enough test to say for sure which is better most often.
On chaos bosses it's totem druids. Majority of chaos kills have been totem builds plus boss resists as high af which is why adding divine damage is far more beneficial then some more resisted skill dmg
Hi

On chaos bosses it's totem druids. Majority of chaos kills have been totem builds plus boss resists as high af which is why adding divine damage is far more beneficial then some more resisted skill dmg
Do you have numbers to back up your theory?

Totem gear is easier to obtain, so what you will find on these forums is a few people comparing an everage full caster druid with a 3-4 godly and imperial totem ring wielding one. That is not a fair comparison, when both builds have equal gear it is definitely not "far more effective", if at all.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Do you have numbers to back up your theory?

Totem gear is easier to obtain, so what you will find on these forums is a few people comparing an everage full caster druid with a 3-4 godly and imperial totem ring wielding one. That is not a fair comparison, when both builds have equal gear it is definitely not "far more effective", if at all.
Considering druid skills are similar to mages and mages have poor raid dps I would say utilising pure dmg is way more effective then a full dps build
Hi

Just because you searched the CH item database does not make you a pro at a class you probably never played to a high level. Bees is a druids main source of dps at raids and mages have no similar skill. Do you know the cooldowns and cast times for a druids spells? How many auto attacks they can realistically get in over the course of say 15 minutes? The average druid auto relying purely on their divine damage from codex, edl aura and a divine ring is ~400. Even with all godly totem rings your hit rate and thus auto damage output is actually a lot smaller than you seem to think. Now compare that to a druid with multiple godly gele strike and storm rings, a godly nature magic necro ring and do the math. Let me save you the trouble, it's nowhere close to "far more effective".
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Just because you searched the CH item database does not make you a pro at a class you probably never played to a high level. Bees is a druids main source of dps at raids and mages have no similar skill. Do you know the cooldowns and cast times for a druids spells? How many auto attacks they can realistically get in over the course of say 15 minutes? The average druid auto relying purely on their divine damage from codex, edl aura and a divine ring is ~400. Even with all godly totem rings your hit rate and thus auto damage output is actually a lot smaller than you seem to think. Now compare that to a druid with multiple godly gele strike and storm rings, a godly nature magic necro ring and do the math. Let me save you the trouble, it's nowhere close to "far more effective".
Send me resists of every boss and I'll believe u.
Hi

You're still not comparing apples to apples. I'm the only dps druid that has gone against Avalon dps in its prime. Perhaps there are comparable clans elsewhere, I don't know. Regardless, you can't compare a caster druid losing to ten other DG toons against some totem druid who's fighting a bunch of ELD clannies.

I've personally found—using comparable gear to that mentioned here—that totem is lower power in most situations. But, we'll never know for sure until we get a bunch of druids side-by-side in a beta.
Morrigan: Avalon (R.I.P.)
AwsomeO: 227 Druid
Hyperbole: 200 Rogue