Let's go ahead and bring in the guy who's only neen playing a couple weeks now and is soloing his way up the levels...
Do I have edl gear?... No... Do I have access to "top tier clannies" that have full edl gear?... Nope... Have I gotten far enough up the levels to even know what y'all are even talking about when you say edl?? Hell no...
However... I've been through just about every single MMO (available to english speaking) out there and I can tell you this...
Y'all need to quit trying to recommend builds that require gear handed to you or purchased from othwr players...
So let me give you the gear I run currently... Darkshadow.... Nuff said... do I have skill rings? Yes... Did I get them from other players? Absolutely... Do I lix? I have a job. I can afford it... What level am I? Who the hell cares... I'm not an end game player so all y'all W.O.W. minded people can back the hell up and take a chillaxitive.
So now here's the build I run... Vit: 100 Dex: 35 Str: 10 Foc: everything else... Running with vines, swarm, embrace, bless, bark... I am a melee druid and my dmg mainly comes from vines and swarm...
I've decided to break the meta and go with a tank build for my druid
So here's where this is important... I am currently Lv.73... With vines and swarm at Lv.12 still being a better source of overall dmg than a Lv.20 lightning or storm or both... Solo leveling is still slower than with any of the other classes... Even though I just finished running through the high level 4*s in stonevale like a murderous champion
I've watched mages, warriors, rogues, and rangers at lower levels, with worse gear, run through the same exact mobs a hell of a lot quicker than I... I grabbed 4 levels in about 2 hrs mainly due to XP lix... I've run through as a caster build and a melee build in these same mobs and it was even slower so I went back to my Drunk build (Druid+Tank)...
So where the druid needs tweaks at is in not so much in the dmg from the skills but in the energy consumption ratio... I've gone in longer runs as a mage than I ever could on a druid... Mages have energy regen in battle and druids inly have harvest... Harvest at Lv.20 still only nets a small percentage of energy back and it is nowhere close to how much energy is spent on skills on any build... So still having to stop frequently for refill is the down side to druids... With the right Lvling build, all the other classes can constantly run through mobs at an almost nonstop pace where druids can't...
So here's the tweaks that need to be made to the druid:
1. Focus needs to apply more to skills than the amount it does for ALL skills
2. Energy Harvest needs a percentile ratio instead of a flat ratio (the same with the mage's Energy Boost)
3. Yes Vines (not swarm) needs to have an immediate dmg as well like the mages frost-whatever skill does
4. A sacrifice can definitely be made to Nature's Touch to balance out an increase in Nature's Embrace because a regen effect helps greatly when either soloing or pocket healing when it can be combined with flat healing
5. (If not number 4) Nature's Touch should be a shorter cast time since there is already bandage wounds that evey class gets for instant heal... The decrease in cast time is for less chance of interruption for soloing and for when you get a random spawn on you when pocket healing your tank
And last but not least
6. Rescue is pretty much pointless... It's a skill that only has one moment it can be used in... When your tank is about to be dead... So I say give it a calm\taunt effect instead of a heal that way it can be used for aggro splitting so the druid can fully keep their party members alive ( Plus I could do wonders with it in my build )
"The druid needs to be able to support his team plus himself in any situation. This is the life he chooses for himself"
"The druid needs to be able to support himself and his companions in any situation. This is the life he chooses for himself."