Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Shrivewood or spiritseed

So I've been wondering what set would be better for a 200+ Druid?

Ps (the vit from shrive would help me-the dex from spirt would help me) so that does not matter
Only worried about the focus parts and/or shrives ability boost
Shrive ammy, Spider charm, necro ring. A Better combination imo.

I used both the shrine and spirit.
Spiritseed's dexterity helped me level, as the defense gives me a break to heal when mobs miss.
Shrivewoods set adds vit (if you have vitality in your build for a more tanky Druid, you can move the extra points shrive gives you into focus) and it also adds natures magic.

Over all, I saw the spirit seed set helped me put up bigger heals and damage from the focus bonus over the natures magic bonus. At a cost to vitality. Some say natures magic bonus is better for dps as you evade less. I have also added mainly focus boosting gear so the natures magic helps maximize my focus/natures magic bonus to my skills. (Both start to plateau in usefulness. So some sort of balance is needed)

I would go with the shrive set. Foc/vit/nat magic:)

For extra focus, change the skain shrive ring (145 vitality/250 defense) to a gara ring (100 focus/something)
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

If you're dps definitely the shrive. For healing (and if the extra vit actually isn't a factor) spirit may be better, but it depends on what your focus/nature magic is
200 focus=1k ability. But increasing ability is better than stat points.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

If you're dps definitely the shrive. For healing (and if the extra vit actually isn't a factor) spirit may be better, but it depends on what your focus/nature magic is
200 focus=1k ability. But increasing ability is better than stat points.
I gave the one instance where spirit would be better, what is wrong about my statement? lol
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Spiritseed is better for healing as the focus has a bigger impact then ability on support skills and ability doesn't have its increase hit chance effect on support skills.

Although for DPS I think neither are better. If you have a Skain ammy (275 foc) spider ammy (144 foc) and necro ring majestic or above (210 focus) (round ability to focus for the sake of being simple) for a total of 629 focus compared to a Skain set (with Garanak charm or ring for extra focus) for a total of 720 stats.

Now the Skain set DOES seem better but check this out.
I use EDL aura and MORD book instead of anything to get my vines to 50. The EDL aura allows me to go 0 vit, so rather then moving focus to vit, I gain 200 focus. And my shadow book gives about 320 focus. SO I tend to use a MORD ring to get vines to 50. But since the spider charm gives an extra 16 points, 8 of which are vines, I can drop that ring to use another necro ring. Which bumps it from 619 - 769, beating Skain set by 49 (grand necro ring) and at the same time giving me extra skill points.

So either way, if you're using a helm, gloves, boots, or mainhand, and even a ring to get vines to 50, you are losing focus. But by using the spider charm, technically since it gives you vines, you get to free up those slots and get extra focus. Which makes the broken aura set better.

That's my opinion on the set thing. But if you HAVE TO choose from shrive or spirit, go for shrive.
DarkDruid67 Level 220+
Leader Of Revival
Taranis

Focus has diminishing returns. Increasing ability dies not. Having equipped the shrive and spirit sets, heals and other support skills are higher with shrive than spirit.

When spirit might be better -
You have energy problems and need more energy from focus or if you want some defense boost from the dex from spirit set
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

How much nature ability does shrivewood add? 1k isn't it? Well 1k nature ability doesnt add as much effectiveness to support skills as most people think. (I have godly necral ring that adds 1k) so maybe it's not as much of a clear cut winner over spirit as most People think it is.
World Herne
MerCiLeSs lvl 126+ warrior
MercHealer lvl 160+ druid