Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Sweet new solo build! 180+ New perspective.

So don't laugh. I experiment.

Ok, so I kinda adopted a grasping roots build. This is a pure solo build.
I used to use bark, or winds with a Lux dex ring or 2, but I felt like I was still spamming natures touch in place of recasting a dps skill. Thus, losing dps/exp

My gear:
Imperial spider helm(some 140/120 foc/vit and 300 nat magic or something close)
180 mystery grim
Aggy book (soon to be DL or a 190 this event totem if I find it worth using)
Rest is DL besides occult boots for a natures touch bonus (or DL for bark skill points)

My jewelry is not half bad as well, focus/nat touch/natures magic aggy bracelet (the one everyone wants :mrgreen: ) and second aggy brac or lux bracelets
For charm, I only have a 5/5 vines/strike and focus spider charm
Ammy I only have a jalan ammy (190 I have the focus/vit/shield skill)
Rings are a royal strangle vines (till I get an event)
And 2 160 event rings 7touch/4 stinging swarm /40 focus
And a jalan focus ring (until I find a 180 focus ring)

That's my active gear.

My build uses roots up to 190 (5+ over your level)
50/40 vines and lightning and stinging swarm.
The rest of my points into touch (2350 heal)

I kill all 1-3* tower mobs, I avoid 4* mages and can kill 4* warriors when he's in the way, but he takes a while.

Let me start by sharing what I think are great pros to the build.
(Share some pros if you think of some)

First, you get touched only if you forget to recast Roots or it evades (not too often with DL/edl nat Magic bonuses.
I probably evade roots 4 times during an elixir. And it is never some huge emergency. 3400+ natures magic as of now. Low evades.

Second, not having to use winds or bark, you have a surplus of skill points to free up some slots, I can use 2 focus boosting rings and 1 Stinging swarm/and vines ring to hit max. Instead of needing 1-2 ring slots for bark/winds skill boosting along with a bracelet slot
Every other slot can be used to maximize dps output.

Third, using roots, I can solo all DL and 185/4 ph's and kick some gold bosses butt.

4th while group leveling, it keeps ranged characters untouched (as I normally pull aggro from healing and dos) while you can focus on dps and healing 1-2 characters

5th I have found it to give me 9 yellow bars per Lix simply using an sk/energy solo. I would get 7 with a bark build and 6-7 with winds. This also required a hp/defense/or armor Lix in order to do more damage.

I tested this with all three builds at the same level. 3 lixs each.

Now for some cons
(Share if you can think of any I miss)

Not very useful at bosses/legits. I have used it to root/kill that pesky troll at 180 and other adds.

Could be used for a second group buff while leveling.

Share your thoughts. DO NOT BASH OR PRAISE WITHOUT LEGITIMATE SUPPORT. Roots always has a terrible rep for leveling so it might be a knee jerk reaction to assume it sucks. I have found it does not.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

Re: Sweet new solo build! 180+ New perspective.

Sounds like a pretty interesting build to be honest.
Do you need root? I often just burn mobs down with all max dps skills and heal in between mobs or when the mobs at < 10% (and let vines/swarm finish em off). I can handle up to 4* this way (though I avoid them unless in a group)
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

Do you need root? I often just burn mobs down with all max dps skills and heal in between mobs or when the mobs at < 10% (and let vines/swarm finish em off). I can handle up to 4* this way (though I avoid them unless in a group)
My 105 druid soloed copp 6* today (Ofc i used a couple restoes) so roots is highly important
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

My 105 druid soloed copp 6* today (Ofc i used a couple restoes) so roots is highly important
Roots has no real effect on copp since he does nothing but spam skills the whole fight.

Roots has no real effect on copp since he does nothing but spam skills the whole fight.
+1
When I solo copp I always run up close to him, because his casts are worse than his melee.

I suppose though for boss PH and the like though root would come in handy.
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

First off, coppingrr doesn't even move if you attack him from range. He casts skills and then stares at you. Second, I don't think any level 105 assuming you are wearing full meteoric/wyld ammy or new lux set, frost iron natures touch bracelet, 5+
Evasion rings, and some skill rings, can even hope to out heal his dps. Using Mage ward and natures touch would be best. Rest could go to dps.
Then there is the dps. Coppingrr heals quite a bit quite often. With my duel log, he dragged the last 30% of health out to seem like 60-75% of his health.
I couldn't even duel log kill coppingrr till I was around 150/150 Druid/rogue. I'm going to have to call bs on that one. He hits hard.
What level are you? Is this tower leveling? Because without wearing mainly durability/defensive gear, I can not out heal 4* dogs and mages. Spamming natures touch is a huge problem due to loss of dps.

Like I said earlier, I try to avoid them, but to kill a Mage, vines/bees/strike/ THEN ROOT. Back up and heal, redo bees/strike, back up and heal, redo roots/vines/strike, back up and heal.

By cool downs this is all in order. 4* mages and dogs auto attack 400-550 while casting strong DOT skills. You can't stand toe to toe with him in a dos build.

If a 4* dog evades roots start clicking natures touch as you can completely negate his iron fang big hit as soon as it lands.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

Lol no you didn't
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Well I don't find their melee attacks to be bad at all. I find their skills damage to be bad. The easiest survival build I've found is max all 4 dps skills, max abundance, rest of points in embrace. Pop a combo and off ya go. With this build and combo I run around 10k health and don't die. Sometimes for kicks I'll use the lvl 200 evasions offhand shield. This was my build from 210-215. I'm retired from leveling now.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue