Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why are we so under powered?

That's not the problem though, yes we can heal but hp lixes and restos easily replace druids when soloing.
A lot of restos which equals a lot of money, something a lot aren't willing to spend just for a bit of extra XP. If you don't want to level with your druid clan mates, then that's pretty bad as well. Druids are the core of any clan.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Druids are meant to heal, sure they can do dps, but the bigger picture is to keep a group alive. Imagine if all warriors wanted to be dps? Warriors are designed to be tanks, druids are meant to keep them alive, all the others are meant to kill stuff.
We are underpowered if you consider the rate at which we level compared to other classes. Other classes level at twice the speed. So they're of level to be in the tower and rhe druid isn't yet. How well are they healing this group now?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

That's not the problem though, yes we can heal but hp lixes and restos easily replace druids when soloing.
A lot of restos which equals a lot of money, something a lot aren't willing to spend just for a bit of extra XP. If you don't want to level with your druid clan mates, then that's pretty bad as well. Druids are the core of any clan.
I've leveled every class but warrior through carrow and towers and strangely enough my druid ends up using a lot more restos than my mage, ranger, or rogue.

On my mage and rogue, many times their 'dps' isn't enough to really contribute much to kills compared to the loss of xp and thus the increased cost in leveling. But out of sympathy of knowing how it feels to solo lvl a druid, I'll take one with me (mainly to have someone to chat with while lixing).
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I lixed with a mage buddy of mine and they used mgc lure and my skills dmg was fantastic. 4-5k on strike, storm htting 6-7k, vines ticing at 2.5-3k. And with a strike skull the speed of kills was fantastic. It sped up my xp per lix somewhere between 2-3x what I would get solo.

It actually made leveling my druid 'fun' again.

So here's my solution to put our leveling speed on par with other classes -

Increase all dmg skills by double. Vines, strike, and swarm instacast. Reduce recast on storm by 50%. Have vines and swarm do dmg on cast and have swarm last as long as vines. Up the dmg of swarm to equal that of vines.

None of that would make us op but would put our speed of leveling on par with other classes. While all classes have different roles at boss raids, each class should be able to level at the same speed.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Increase all dmg skills by double. Vines, strike, and swarm instacast. Reduce recast on storm by 50%. Have vines and swarm do dmg on cast and have swarm last as long as vines. Up the dmg of swarm to equal that of vines.
This would solve the druid's lack of damage. The damage itself might not be OP, but paired with the healing abilities of a druid, I could easily see it becoming a very overpowered class. A more practical solution would be to just add a nature attunement skill. That way, if I wanted to be a GOOD dps druid, I could sacrifice points in natures touch or bark and put them into attunement

Where the complain comes from is it takes a druid twice or three times as long to level compared to the other classes
I agree entirely. But making the Druid a better dps isn't a solution as that would put mages specifically out of a job.

The problem is getting XP from kills. But I can't see a way around that.

Even if they made a cradle to the grave quest chain. Killing may not directly give XP but you would still need to kill to turn the quest in.

All that would achieve is making group leveling more apealing. But it's not a solution. It's a work a round.

Where the complain comes from is it takes a druid twice or three times as long to level compared to the other classes
I agree entirely. But making the Druid a better dps isn't a solution as that would put mages specifically out of a job.

The problem is getting XP from kills. But I can't see a way around that.
FACT CHECK...
We are NOT asking for an Nature Attunement AND a Nature Mage Lure
Please keep in mind that Mages currently have BOTH and they have a energy regen skill and their spells are less in energy cost!!!
This is three items that druids don't have, and don't go telling me about how great Harvest is....

Let's regroup and remember that all we are asking for is a Nature Attunement.
Mage's will still rule in the DPS category with the ability to put a Lure on the Mob/Boss

BTW: Storm should become a ranged skill
Last edited by Perl on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Druids having a 'nature's attunement' doesn't sound quite realistic. Be more specific, a skill that enhances your nature's touch and nature's breath. Or perhaps a skill that increases damage to lightning strike and storm touch. Regarding storm touch, that skill is literally called storm TOUCH. Fixing this skill to long range would be out of context. If anything should change is adding a new skill to the druid damage skills. For example, mages in the tower have 'arcane storm' skill which looks like it is an aoe magic skill. As for a hybrid build, druids are not underpowered at all. At level 225, my vines currently does 3.4k+ DoT with 3 royal lightning strike silverweb rings. My lightning strike does up to 5.8k. My vines can go up to 3.8k DoT if i switch silverweb rings for imperial,royal,majestic necral corruption rings. Therfore, druids have a wicked unavoidable DoT skill that lasts 30 seconds.
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius

I would think a Nature Attunement would only affect magic damage spells similar to fire and ice attunements.

Lightning is our only true DPS skill, all other have extreme limitations.
Vines, yes is amazing but it does not stack so only one druid can use at a time, and it take a few ticks for damage to begins making it a very slow DPS.
Storm Touch, yes you have to touch, but that is the limitation. It is best to stay out of AOE range, but Storm requirers us to run to the boss. Problematic at times.
Bees is of course poison damage and group damage, so if you can gather up 3-6 mobs then great, but that really happens especially with our armor.

And there is no conversation about our melee...