Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why are we so under powered?

I am sorry but I cannot disagree more with some of the stupid comments made in this post.

This game in every way gives players with high DPS more advantages. By being able to kill faster you can advance faster.
Druids with their anemic DPS are handicapped and everyone knows it.
We complain about our solo leveling ability because other classes would prefer to not level with a druid.
Put two, three or four druids into a leveling group and you will quickly realize all our limitations.

Here is a few very imporatant considerations.
Because of the game dynamics and points required to make any skill worthwhile, it is impossible to be great at everything.

Warriors are ONLY good tanks when they have a tank build with the right points in the proper skills.
Mages are ONLY good support class when they have put the right points in the proper skills.
Druids are ONLY good healers when they put the right points in the proper skills.
By using points in your support skills you become better at support things.
This is really CH101 stuff.

BUT
A warrior can change his points and can greatly increase their damage.
Same for any class but druids do not have skills that can match the DPS of other classes
If their was a Nature Attunement for druids it would cost us greatly to sacrifice 30-50 points for better DPS.
We would suck at support but our DPS would improve to a more acceptable level.

DPS equals XP, without DPS you cannot level unless you smooch off another class resulting in the group generating slower XP.
The result is druids are reduced to a beggars lifestyle of always looking for a group to smooch DPS from.
I hate begging.

I agree with the OP. I have been with mages who I had 10 levels on and I also possess some of the best druid DPS gear in the game.
Yet my lightning was hitting on average below 2k while this mage was hitting plus 4k. Just doesn't seem fair.

Should Druids Lightning have the same damage as a Mage fire bolt?
Hell YES!

But just like a Mage, it will cost us points taken from support skills to be able to match a fire Mage,

But the biggest issue for druids is the fact that multiple druids are a waste. There are few circumstances where more that two druids are needed.
Our skills do not stack so often when in groups our skills are wasted. Plus 4k heals means nothing if the tank cannot be healed more.
The result is all of our skills have limitations that DPS skills do not. Having 20 Druids is worthless, having 20 Rogues is awesome.

So basically druids are diminished to being the kitchen help. There is little opportunity for druids to be amazing because DPS has ALL the rewards.

Solutions?

Nature Magic Attunement would be an excellent start. It would give druids the ability to move skill points out of healing and into DPS to heal resulting in leveling faster.
Reduce Magic Resistance in mobs. Most Mobs currently have a reduced resistance to Poison damage. Why not reduce resistance to magic damage?
Let druids play with pointy things. If we are melee, them allow us to use a blade. OR make us 100% casting!!!

I get the fact that balance is important, but we all only have so many points to use in our skills and points in DPS means you will sux as a healer.
The dynamic of the game will keep druids far from being awesome DPS and amazing healers at the same time.

Should Druids Lightning have the same damage as a Mage fire bolt?
Hell YES!

But just like a Mage, it will cost us points taken from support skills to be able to match a fire Mage,
Have you played a mage before..? The only decent support skill we have is assassins lure...

You cannot compare mage support skills to druid support skills. Touch/breath/bark are the best support skills in the game; what does mage have: cloak of fire and energy boost? Name me 5 high level mages who actually use these.

The day druid's lightning hits the same as a mage's bolt is the day no one will play a mage, except for an alt to lure bosses.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Lightning could possibly be close to Firebolt with maxxed Magic lure... Which no mage will ever keep points in unless it's a druid's alt... Close... Maybe... Possibly

I really like a nature attunement-like skill (Mages attune their skills - should have a different name) but one that increases damage but decreases healing ability, we shouldn't be able to heal 3-4k and dps at the same time, that'd be way op
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

I think some have taken my original post to mean we should have the best of both worlds. I don't think that should be the case. I think Perl hit it on the head. With a natures attunement spell, we would be forced to move points around in order to do good DPS damage. In our case, that would mean taking points out of one or more of our support skills. Thus we would not be over powered as others have suggested in this thread. Every class in this game can go full support or full DPS, it just so happens that when you choose to go full DPS with a druid you are choosing the weakest option. Like I've also stated previously, we are mages as well. For some reason OTM thinks our DPS spells classify strictly as magic damage. If I'm not mistaken, a mages fire and ice spells are considered elemental damage. So why not reclassify our lightning based DPS as an elemental based damage?

The whole point of this post was to open constructive arguement about my perceived lack in power for our class as compared to a mage (which is most like us) and maybe I should have done a better job of communicating that. Should we be able to do the same damage as a warrior or rogue? Not in my opinion since we can't utilize all the different offhand and main hand weapons they have access to. However, the mage class is a casting based class just like us. So in my opinion, we should be able to become nearly as powerful as them. My wife (who plays the game with me) is a mage. We often level together just the two of us. She recently got the magic lure skill and now has magic and fire lure skills balanced out. Even with my lightning above max for my level, I still hit for way less when she casts both of those lures on a mob. In my opinion something needs to be done to raise our DPS to a reasonable level. Whether that entails some sort of nature attunement spell or adjusting the magic resistance of mobs as others have suggested, something needs to be done.
Main: Maedhros Level 158 Druid
World: Morrigan
Clan: Havoc

Sure, get better DPS, but you should never ever be able to out dps a mage.

All this talk about 'then we have to move points out of out support skills' is really nothing. All you need is touch and bark and you're a powerful support druid. That leaves you with like 4 DPS skills.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Sure, get better DPS, but you should never ever be able to out dps a mage.

All this talk about 'then we have to move points out of out support skills' is really nothing. All you need is touch and bark and you're a powerful support druid. That leaves you with like 4 DPS skills.
You need more than just touch and bark to be a good support druid. Being a good support druid would entail you foregoing almost all DPS skills to be truly effective during any type of boss fight. You would need to have points in at least a few of these: embrace, breath, abundance, bless, or any of the many wards we have in order to be of true use as a support druid.
Main: Maedhros Level 158 Druid
World: Morrigan
Clan: Havoc

:o natures attunement sounds great xD i think druids should be harder to level/play...imo thats mad skills/respect to end game druids...you look at other end game classes and are like meh since their so easy to level (atleast easier) and imo as for comparing a druid to another class is fatuous yes maybe they cant do things as easily as other classes but thats redundant since other classes dont have the support ability that we possess...if otm were to do anything to make the game more leveled for each classes i say remove lix besides xps,combos,wisdoms :3 (last part was a joke -.-)

Perl makes some good points. If you made a pro vs con list with melee classes it probably comes out to something like this (please correct me if there are any faults, I haven't played all classes extensively so this is just my opinion):
worse at soloing
harder to find training groups
worst at dps end game
worse armor (die more often)
insane energy costs
lux gear for druids isn't ideal the way it is for other classes; we need hard to obtain boss drops
better at healing
can solo well mid level
easier to get drops (only cause there are so few druids, for the reasons above)

When comparing to a mage, it still doesn't look great:
worse energy cost
worse dps (3 mages at a boss, they all do around full dps potential. 3 dps druids at a boss they all do around half because of vines/swarm not stacking)
about equal survivability
better at support (but if you're the 4th support druid at a boss fight you're essentially useless)
marginally better at soloing high level

As a whole, the druid class is much more limited than all the others. OTM gives us these skills for an option to dps vs support, yet dps isn't very effective late game and requires thousands of sigils. Other classes can swap rings/gear a little and be able to fulfill all their roles to a greater extent than druids can. I think after this many years of being underpowered, druids are due for at least a small buff to dps. A nature attunement or a buff to lightning's damage seems like a good idea. Not sure what problem mages see in a lightning buff; it is a much higher cooldown than firebolt after all
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs