Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Druids...Unliked?!

Ive asked a few People about why they chose their class and why? Then laster asked, why not a Druid? The normal. Reply was, "Druids look retarded" or "They are druids no one needs them when you can fight with brute force" Of course i didnt think if they have ever tried Druids. But we are judged by our name and look.

Normal Look: Green/Skirt/Staff
People Thoughts: Must be a Healer

People don't even think Druids are good Dps class while we are a More DOT class (Damage Over Time)

Please Post your thoughts :) I hope to try to get this post as good as the post in the Ranger Forum :) ty for reading
Ranger- XxArrowMercxX lvl 154
Druid- Demeter lvl 200 (Lazy Cookie Druid...)
Rogue- SwiftKill lvl 106

Server: Danu
Ascension

DPS Druid
Some people call me Shady, I call myself Insane.

Re: Druids...Unliked?!

You want atraighr answer?
Druids suck. Bad at everything exept supporting at bosses

Owner of Blue Coven And Majestic Broom Of Winter
Characters-Eda1-Eda2-Eda3-Eda4-Eda5-Edabank
Level------------86------31----132----100----156-------5------
World--------Herne

want a better answer? the guy im quoting obviously does not know anything about the dang class. druids are amazing. there damage like you said is damage over time. and what takes time? bosses. I have seen druids get the kill on bosses like the troll king. druids can take on entire clans in arena with a full health build and wipe a full group with gorilla warfare. you hit and run a rogue with vines and swarm? if he stays in arena, diner(considering that druids from Ancient Britain were speculated to be cannibals and practiced human sacrifices). they are obviously the best healers in the game. but one thing I know about druids that is beyond insane is they can have better armor than most classes..... crazy? shield of bark can give around 800-900 armor from what I herd. do they suck? NO! do people say they suck? yes! why? because they don't know how to use them and never got one past level 20. :P
Level 1+ Warrior of Balor/Arawn
Playing since Oct 2013
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
ヽ(´o`;

want a better answer? the guy im quoting obviously does not know anything about the dang class. druids are amazing. there damage like you said is damage over time. and what takes time? bosses. I have seen druids get the kill on bosses like the troll king. druids can take on entire clans in arena with a full health build and wipe a full group with gorilla warfare. you hit and run a rogue with vines and swarm? if he stays in arena, diner(considering that druids from Ancient Britain were speculated to be cannibals and practiced human sacrifices). they are obviously the best healers in the game. but one thing I know about druids that is beyond insane is they can have better armor than most classes..... crazy? shield of bark can give around 800-900 armor from what I herd. do they suck? NO! do people say they suck? yes! why? because they don't know how to use them and never got one past level 20. :P
I am not saying eda is right (we are enemies) but he does have a druid of around 140-150 if i am not mistaken so he would know a little something about druids.
JelleB 82 ranger (retired)
TheHealOfGod (finally)109+ druid
some other noob accounts
herne

I'm a druid, problem with druids is they either cost alot of money to use or you piss people off.

You can do your job as a group support build but won't be able to lvl without using alt book. Or you can be a dps build a level good but your clan won't get helped. You could be a hybrid (what I am) help your clan a little and lvl extremely slowly.

Rogues mages and Rangers are all dps, not switching required. Warriors only go into tank mode at 190+ so they are pretty much dps. Druids have to switch back and forth though, or are reliant on other players help. This is why we aren't a popular class.

I am not saying eda is right (we are enemies) but he does have a druid of around 140-150 if i am not mistaken so he would know a little something about druids.
druids don't suck. Some people just suck at playing druids. If you actually know what your doing its actually a really fun class to play. As for needing to change build all the time this isn't always the case either. My hybrid build lets me solo heal all dl bosses and when I want to lvl I can change GEAR then be getting a lvl up in 8-9 rounds on rainbow lixing at lvl 170 ( Ik other classes are still faster but it's a lot better than most people make it out to be).
World Herne
MerCiLeSs lvl 126+ warrior
MercHealer lvl 160+ druid

Well you posted on the druid board so you will probably get a one sided response but druids are absolutely needed, especially at end game. The 200 event boss, Mord, Hrung all need 3-5 high level druids and many times the more the merrier.
Some people don't like druids because they take a long time to level. To level you have to kill to kill you have to do damage. Our damage is quite poor over the short term but as was mentioned above DOT on long fights (bosses) can be great if you are a DPS druid.
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=63296 shows that it is better to level in groups even with low damage but many times it is hard to find larger groups that want to level at the same for the same length of time. That is why I created my own leveling partner. Also at the higher levels we save tons of resto pots with heals and wards saving the group lots of gold.
Celtic Heroes Item DB Celtic Heroes Info

I love the Gorilla warfare that someone posted it Works and its amazing :) but people always get mad at us druids for getting kills on bosses
Ranger- XxArrowMercxX lvl 154
Druid- Demeter lvl 200 (Lazy Cookie Druid...)
Rogue- SwiftKill lvl 106

Server: Danu
Ascension

DPS Druid
Some people call me Shady, I call myself Insane.

Just to be fare i smoked a lvl 150 druid in a duel when i was 146 and didn't go below half (he has 1.2k lighting ._.) yea yea i do have 2.8k hp but shh :3 he had bark on ._. nonetheless druids are a very needed class. and merc, your sig, i've met KrazyKatz, she has an imperial necral storm touch brace, shes a bit op dmg druid ._.
220 rogue: XxDiabloxX
Ascension
Meh

I like being a druid. I have tried all of the classes at some point to try and change things up a bit, but always come back to my druid as my primary. We are the hardest class to level and I think that makes the person who chooses a druid as their main a more dedicated player. You can choose to be a healer, DPS, or hybrid. While our DPS is not the strongest, it lasts the longest and can make a difference during a boss fight. I know my clan in particular likes to have a mix of DPS and healer druids. And if you are in a dedicated clan, you should have no problem finding people willing to help you level. After all, we can be the difference between the tank being able to stay in that boss fight for that special item your clan needs or your group losing lock all the time because no one can stay alive.
Main: Maedhros Level 158 Druid
World: Morrigan
Clan: Havoc