Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: GhostLord's Guide to Druid Leveling

I've been built as a full support not really anyone wanna lvl with it :cry: but i dont really mind i got enough alt books to change up to DPS to Support to DPS again. all depends on who i am with.

Grouped with a lvl 130 = Full support
Grouped with lvl 30-50 = DPS very few heal
Most groups prefer if you are able to help with kills but still heal them, this is why i like hybrid builds.
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

Great post but you really missed a trick with howling winds.. Although perfect for soloing also helps to ease the burden of healing when grouped. IMO winds is by far the best skill a druid has and your tank should really have 100+ dex. Well worth losing a support skill for. I would even go as far as saying its a druids 2nd most important skill behind natures touch ofcourse. I know im endgame druid so this doesnt really apply to the people this post is aimed at but i can solo all-seeing very easily on my druid and thats mainly down to winds. Swampy's next on my solo hitlist lol wish me luck! :D
Rangedassasin
226+ Ranger - Full EDL Armour. EDL Mainhand/Offhand
Rikimarro
222+ Druid - Full EDL Armour. EDL Main hand/Offhand. Main Char.
Raven Spike
219+ Rogue -Full EDL Armour.
Elementz
217+ Mage - Full EDL Armour. EDL Weps

Proud Guardian of Novalis.

Great post but you really missed a trick with howling winds.. Although perfect for soloing also helps to ease the burden of healing when grouped. IMO winds is by far the best skill a druid has and your tank should really have 100+ dex. Well worth losing a support skill for. I would even go as far as saying its a druids 2nd most important skill behind natures touch ofcourse. I know im endgame druid so this doesnt really apply to the people this post is aimed at but i can solo all-seeing very easily on my druid and thats mainly down to winds. Swampy's next on my solo hitlist lol wish me luck! :D
Wind is an amazing skill, however, tanks would use 100 dex for it, they usually go full vit and defence gear+def form, but yes its a great skill.

Ty for the guide, i would like that u would expand more about all the choices of skills support druids have (or the extra support skills for DPS druids), they have lots of choices and it would be good to compare between skills, pros and cons, that way some druids (cough me cough) would be able to choose between some skills.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Hello fellow Druids!

Some lower level druids have been asking for a guide, so i decided to make one.

This guide is focused on levels 1-140 and is for DPS and hybrid druids(with a small support section) Hope it helps. :D

The Rules of Druiding.

When playing as a druid, whether it be leveling or bossing, there are a few rules you should always follow.

Your Partner/Tank's life is more important than your own. The reason for this is that if the aggro comes off the tank, then you/other group members will die also, take a sacrifice and use your heals on the tank. Tell your group if an add is attacking you.

Heal everyone. If there are 3 other people in your group, and one of them is low and it's not the tank, check to make sure the tank is OK health wise, then heal the other person.

Try to not let an add attack you. Constantly be looking around to be sure you aren't to near an add, as it is annoying for your partner to have to aggro it, it also wastes time.

Stats

As a Druid, you need 2 stats, focus and vitality, there is a basic ratio of 3 focus to 2 vit, but it really just depends on your situation, for example, when leveling with a hybrid warrior, you might want less vit and more focus because warriors have higher health, but if you're leveling with a mage, you may want to invest in more vit because the mage might lose aggro. If you have any questions about specific situations, PM myself or any of the other druids and we'll try to answer you.

Support

This section will explain the support side of druids.

As a support druid, your play style should completely change. You can't defend yourself and you have to have a partner to level.
The best build for support is to max Touch, Bark, Embrace, and then either Abundance, or Natures Breathe if your group needs more heals.
Leveling should be done with at least 2 other DPS classes, as you need to be able to kill fast without your DPS.

Be sure to always have bark(and abundance if you have it) on the main tank, and embrace on other DPS characters, this will make sure that everyone has good survivability.

Skills

For an overview of all skills, look here http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=47768
However, I'll only be going over the main skills we'll be using.

Strangling Vines: Arguably our best DPS skill, also our best DOT skill, has an average cool down and high energy cost. When using, this should be the first thing you cast on an enemy.
Lightning Strike: The Druid's 2nd most damaging one time skill, has an average cool down and an average energy cost. This is good for finishing off a kill.
Storm Touch: Our best one time damage skill, above average energy cost, and very high cool down. Good for finishing off a kill.
Shield of Bark: A skill that increases your armor, which will result in less damage, this has an average cool down and average energy cost, useful when leveling with mages, but is good with an class.
Nature's Embrace: A skill that gives a heal over time, has an average cool down and energy cost, this is good when enemies do damage faster than you can heal.
Nature's Touch: Our principle skill, the best heal in the game, this skill has an average cool down and energy cost, is useful for keeping you/your partner from dying.
Howling Wind: A skill that decreases the attack of an enemy, making it harder to hit you.
Now that you know about the skills, lets move on to some builds.

Builds

Hybrid One: Max Vines, then Touch, then Bark, then Lightning. Good for leveling with any class.
Hybrid Two: Max Touch, then Bark, then Embrace, then Vines. Good for leveling with people with low hp.
DPS One: Max Vines, then Lightning, then Storm, then either Bark or Touch, Bark if you have lux, Touch if not.
DPS Two(not recommend unless you have high regens): Max Vines, then Lightning, then Storm, then Swarm(which i didn't talk about, see the link i put above).
Wind Build: After about level 125, you can start to use wind builds. For this, you want to drop 50 points from both focus and vit so that you can put them into dexterity. After that, max Wind, Vines, Lightning, and then, if you can use restos, storm, if not use touch.
Of course, these are not the only builds, feel free to play around with different skills and stats to fit your needs.

Gear

Gear is very important for druids, we need all the boosts we can get. So here is my recommended gear:

When at a lower level, use the gear you gain from the main storyline (silverleaf) as it is much better than anything you will gain from mobs. DO NOT buy ANY gear from shops or anywhere else. Once you get to level 60, begin with the warden's armor quests, try to get into a clan that will give you your basic frags(moon, sun, oak).
As far as lux, rings, and jewelry in general go, i suggest saving up for a Master Grimiore, however you may find it better to buy a heroic ammy(also, buy from players, not the store, it's much cheaper.). The skills you should get rings for is: Natures Touch, Shield of Bark, Natures Embrace, and Lightning strike. Don't buy rings, wait until you can go to bosses and try and win one. The only good braces are the lux ones, so don't worry about getting good ones. Charms are the same deal.

Places to Level

These are my recommended places to level. Second options are in blue(thanks to DontHate)

1-18, follow the storyline until it drops you off here.
18-24. Dustwither Catacombs, starting with mobs near the first ley, then skeletons near the second once you're around 21.
25-50. Shalemont Ravine, start with mobs east of the first ley, then the mobs west of it. Move on to greygorge, then finally river.
50-60, level on the southern road wisps in stonvale
60-70, level in the in the stonevale grove, take farm ley west, kill wisps and horses.
70-78, Level on the druids closest to the OW portal.
85-95, zombies
78-95, eyes in the OW, reds, then green, then purple, then blue. pirates, first regular, then island then, near captain
95-100, red trees in the OW. Spiders
100-103,continue killing spiders
103-120, The green and grey trees in OW.
120-133, kill grey boggans, found east of Tribal Tunnels
133-138, kill Red boggans found east of Tribal Tunnels
Note that if you have a partner, you can level on any level mobs, so long as they are near the level of the mobs.

I hope this guide has helped answer any questions, PM me if you have any other questions. If you have anyways i could improve the guide, please let me know.

GhostLord
Silverleaf is farcag store stuff youre thinking of meadowsun armour im guessing?
Morrigan
Letus level 134+ druid General of EVO
Patronising level 40+ mage
Casters for the win!

What levels do the different spells become available at the Spell-merchant's?
This is something that has always confused me, i think that you should recieve most of the mentioned skills through the main storyline, and others(like Embrace) can be obtained around level 20-30, not sure though. By the time you switch off dps for hybrid or support, you should be high enough for whatever you need. Also, storm touch and natures breath are the page quests, storm can be obtained at level 50 from a guy near the entrance of the castle(on the inside) and breathe from the tavern in one of the rooms on the upper floor.

Sorry if any info. Is misleading :D
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....