Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Is Stinging Swarm worth it?

After analyzing several builds I asked about the use of Stinging Swarm, is it worth it? Energy cost is too high (nothing a lix can't fix at low levels), damage is 1-2/3 from vines (but it's an area damage), for totem building it is useful for extra fast damage!

So would it be worth using it to level up or even at low level? (I'm a lvl 130 druid currently)
Druid 130+ (Epona)

Re: Is Stinging Swarm worth it?

The damage is lower, yes, but it is Poison damage, which is much less resisted than other types of damage, which means that it will do much closer to the max damage than other skills.

I would definitely prioritize vines, but swarm is a decent choice of you find yourself fighting multiple mobs at a time consistently.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The damage is lower, yes, but it is Poison damage, which is much less resisted than other types of damage, which means that it will do much closer to the max damage than other skills.

I would definitely prioritize vines, but swarm is a decent choice of you find yourself fighting multiple mobs at a time consistently.
It is not poison damage, it is true damage.

It will hit unresisted on anything, even things with poison resistance.

It does have a high energy cost which is probably a good reason to avoid it if you’re struggling, alternatively try and get some energy regeneration equipment.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

The best way to make the most use our of stinging swarm is to have a tank round up as many mobs he/she can bare alongside of the druids heals and swarm them. its slow but the more mobs the more damage in x amount of time. Long story short, you'll need to look at how fast you can clear a room with single target verses AOE.
If you try to use stinging swarm with many other DPS skills. be ready to pot, rabbit, and lix