Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the best build for druid dps?

If you do alot of str for a totem druid it won't have good damage because the focus skills suffer too much. I guess probably people who say damage is bad put all points in str like for a ranger. Druid has bad auto dmg but the skills make up for it, together dps is good. My dps druids were easier to lix than mage or ranger. Druid is really tanky especially if you take a shield. You can hardly solo lix with a focus build with a druid, it is just a massive pain. Also the running out of energy is a problem that is a result of the way you build your druid. I can easily kill the gladiator without consumables and without running out of energy.

Bees I just think is better because if you play with totem, all the casting time and wasted time of interrupts is lost auto dmg already. Bees is quick to cast and almost never gets interrupted. And sometimes you can even cast it on multiple mobs at the same time. I prefer to keep lixing simple. For the same reason I wouldn't use longshot for lixing on a ranger. It is a hassle that isn't worth it.

My 186 druid stats:
STR 355
DEX 165
FOC 1125
VIT 460

ATK 4489
DMG 1695
DEF 530

My dex and str is all from gear. Double attack does about as much dmg as strike and even more with food. I think this is the best build because there is no alternative. There is no way to get more dmg from a druid other than use a totem. Equiping more focus doesnt cut it, all focus gear will give about 20 percent more dmg on 3 skills. While with totem you have one extra skill that you can cast all the time when ready, plus auto attack that you can haste for lixing. With focus build half the time you are only waiting for cooldown while taking damage. Like a mage without fire bolt, is it painful to play and dps sucks.

If you do alot of str for a totem druid it won't have good damage because the focus skills suffer too much. I guess probably people who say damage is bad put all points in str like for a ranger. [...]
Yes druid dps is bad! But the alternatives, such as: totem construction or focus. I agree that making totem helps a lot and saves energy, but as a druid the team expects you to heal, otherwise it will just be a hindrance to the lixer.

Totem build:
+ increased dps (damage per second)
- skill utility (both healing, buff and damage)
- positioning (will have to go to the mob to attack it, terrible in dungeons)
-/+ energy (but rewarded with lower energy consumption)
+ useful for some little used skill
- more expensive

Focus build:
-/+ less dps (but more explosive damage)
++ positioning (ranged damage)
-- high mana consumption (and provalevis consumables)
+ full use of druid skills and equipments
+ group and boss utility
+ economy on your weaponry

There are also several other disadvantages and advantages, such as: for totem build you lose extra focus attributes in offhand and mainhand

There is a question, use totem or use focus? And my answer is focus, because it can't be half totem and half focus, the damage differences are not very big

I never had a problem with damage, because I always build a suitable build for the situation, in which case a good idea is: when using the totem, maximize the storm skill (since the attack area is close), if using focus, divide the points between vines and swarm, its maximum damage is novatel (for more splendid energy use)

using focus also increases howling attack and bark shield (see how good it is?) in addition to increasing healing, taking away the use of consumables for that (use nature embrace for extra healing without much cost)
Druid 130+ (Epona)

You don't lose Focus from MH on a druid melee build... you use DL totem which adds focus, then you use Gele or EDL totem which both have focus. You don't need to stack massive amounts of STR to make the melee aspect of the build viable. With an offhand Hexforged axe (preferable due to magic damage if you can get a magic lure or CG magic lure ring), you only need to add like 100-200 points from your stat pool to get pretty good auto damage. Add in 2-3 Necro totem rings for added attack/damage and you're golden.

When I was lixing my druid in 210 EDL room (using exq bara brith/DL totem/heroic haste) I was able to out damage/get kills over the people I was grouped with.

The misconception that people have with this build is that it is melee as the primary damage which is NOT the case. Melee is used in between casts to supplement the damage. What do you do when your LS/Vine/Bees or ST misses? You're sitting there punching it doing 15-40 points of damage while you wait for the cooldown... awesome. Or you can beat it with a totem and do 600+ per hit instead.

Each person has their own playstyle for druid DPS. I've always preferred the totem aspect of it. You're not going to fully appreciate either full focus or a melee heavy build if you don't take the time to understand how they differ and work, and spend time practicing cast rotations and all that good stuff to not disrupt the flow of spells and auto damage. Timing is key to maximize dps.

I've only ever used Winds once 220. Leveling I felt it was a waste of a skill. Bark/Vines/LS/ST/Double Attack is what I've generally used while lixing. Level 1 Nature's Touch with Occult gear gives a 950+ heal coupled with restos or Fruit Cakes + Bark gives enough survivability to lix through just about anything.