Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dexterity in druids

Pardon me, I may be new to the game; however, has anyone even tried to place some dexterity into a druid? I mean, isn't that what it's for?
Epona:
"NaturalCauses" - Druid 75, Cooking 93, Fishing 54
"MajorArcana" - Mage 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 1

Re: Dexterity in druids

People do use dex in some druid builds, but at lower levels it is generally agreed that it isn't really worth it. Focus gives you much more value per stat point as it increases the potency of all your spells. (including natures touch, why dodge anything when you can just heal it up and do more dmg with other spells at the same time.)

As a druid you only want to be putting points into dex when you need to boost your defence ideally though you should be getting all the defence you need from your choice in gear.

Defence = less skill interruptions
Less skill interruptions = higher dps and a greater ability to heal your self by reducing the amount of time spent trying to cast a skill.
This is true for high and low lvl Druids who are solo levelling

The generally agreed on method though is to run around with little to no defence and max bark, taking every hit a mob throws at you because you can’t doge or evade anything then come on the forums and complain about how druids are broken because your skills get interrupted all the time.

As a druid you only want to be putting points into dex when you need to boost your defence ideally though you should be getting all the defence you need from your choice in gear.

Less skill interruptions = higher dps and a greater ability to heal your self by reducing the amount of time spent trying to cast a skill.

The generally agreed on method though is to run around with little to no defence and max bark, taking every hit a mob throws at you because you can’t doge or evade anything then come on the forums and complain about how druids are broken because your skills get interrupted all the time.
First off, thanks mod, for moving the post. I was just perusing the forums, when I came across the other (drunken ? lol) rant. Anyhow, I think DavyS1 has it right; however, I've only gotten to lvl 42, the past two days, so I haven't yet opportuned upon any, major, gear, as of yet. That said, I have 50 points, in both strength and dexterity. My staff proficiency is, almost 300, with critical skills (not ability) pushing 200. I often land 30 point crits - this with the 9 damage staff I bought from the blacksmith, at the farm, in Lil's Reach. Furthermore, my lightening strikes, also, regularly crit for around 200 - vines, for nearly 100. Interruptions do seem mitigated, though the points have to be put there (in dex). It seems the algorithm takes both, character level, and opponent level, into account, when determining whether an attack is dodged, or, perhaps, misses (unsure about the miss mechanic). At any rate, I was originally looking for information about all of this, found nothing that seemed, entirely, useful, and so, decided to go with common sense. :) Seems to be working out... The apprach might seem slower; however, I believe such thinking to be an illusion, as I am using much less energy, interrupting casters (with auto attacks), and, nearly, doubling (again, with auto attacks) the damage my vines is doing, per tick. Anyhow, for what it's worth, I suppose this is my contribution to the druid profession, in this great game. Cheers.
Epona:

I have around 3.5k defence and I still play the interrupt game ._. My skills get interrupted a lot of the time cause of our long cast times which gives us a higher chance of getting interrupted. Heck even when I was trying to solo aggy (got it down to 20% hp before dying due to interrupts) I had 9k defence and I got interrupted like no other...
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

I have around 3.5k defence and I still play the interrupt game ._. My skills get interrupted a lot of the time cause of our long cast times which gives us a higher chance of getting interrupted. Heck even when I was trying to solo aggy (got it down to 20% hp before dying due to interrupts) I had 9k defence and I got interrupted like no other...
5k defense... And I'm still grinding duskshadow armor... :) That just blows my mind. Anyway, I'm curious to what degree the returns diminish, on all stats. That said, with a game so focused around combat, as is CH, I suppose there is plenty of opportunity to get a, hands on, idea. As for dying, I think I've been through, about, 200 oatcakes, so I can see cooking is going to be a large part of my life. Then again, I did, finally, bring my vitality up to 35... At level 50. :D
Epona:

If your having trouble with this it's better to use winds I think because 1 point in winds is worth 40 points in dex for a druid
But what about attack...? What's the point of having a melee weapon, if not for melee attacks? I apologize, I just still cannot seem to grasp the conventional wisdom, pertaining to druids. Btw, I notice that - every time, I begin getting cast interruptions - if I put another 5 points in dex, on my next level up, the interruptions are halved. Not only this, I can actually do a bit of melee damage, each tick, which appears to, often, occur, while awaiting cooldown on my next, appropriate, spell cast. Anyway, I'm not saying timing interruptions isn't a big part of the druid class. That said (and love it, or hate it) playing the class seems to require establishing a sort of rhythm. That is, until another one of your fellow players, from Epona, decides to jump in, one hit your current opponent, then run off. Happened, probably, 5 times, since last night... Think I'm moving to Taranis...
Last edited by TopSecret on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epona:

The reason druids mainly focus on focus... is because it increases your skills. Increasing your focus increases the damage of your lightning strike as was as vines, the heal of natures touch, the armor boost of bark, etc. Just in case you didn't know attack does not increase your damage. It increases your chance to hit the enemy with your attack, so dex increases as you know your chance to dodge an attack and decreases your enemy's chance of dodging or blocking yours. Your weapon ability also increases your attack (and dmg I think, either staff or totem) and for most purposes your ability should provide enough attack so you don't need any dex to consistently hit your opponent.

The build that it is recommended to have dex with is when you use a howling winds build. Essentially, with winds you are decreasing an opponents attack, making them less likely to hit you, so by increasing you dex and therefore defense you can make it so you will dodge most attacks.